Bad Guys

• Aired On: Saturday
  • Network: OCN
  • Duration: 1 hr. 5 min.
  • Genres: Action, Thriller, Psychological, Crime
  • Rating: 18+/R - Restricted Screening (nudity & violence)

• Members: 12,069
Chrisstina
Dec 17, 2014
And here it is! The Best drama of 2014 for me! Right from the start I believed in my guys and they didn't dissapoint me. If you're hesitant to watch it, may you should read this first. Who knows maybe I'll convince you ;)

Crime, detectives, action, invenstigation, blood, killers, victims, secrets, don't just by reading it excite you? I'm the biggest sucker for those kind of dramas and they always manage to make me feel good and give me exciting and indescribable feeling of happines and joy. But this drama was way more different than the others. Unique, original and rare.
Did you ever get a feeling to kickass somebody? Like some person that you can't stand, or is annoying to you? I know you do, cause there is no human being that is nice. Well you can pretend to be, but you can't run from dirty and ugly truth of you. And I know that I'm not wrong, even if I tried to deny who knows how many times. And this is what this drama is about. Speaking from my own angle of view while I was watching this drama I had that badass feeling and I got so into the story that I actually felt their pain, joy and a happiness of putting bad guys in jail to rot. Title "Bad guys" actually says itself so you can at least imagine what I think right?
As I said before I never watched a drama similar to this one. The story is simply brilliant and I want to thank the writer's mind and writer to bringing this drama into a dramaland. Former Detective Oh Gu Tak got a mission from Police Chef that in order to stop rising violent crime he must form a team and catch the culprits. He form a team by taking men with the worstest crimes' cases: a contract serial killer Tae Soo, the youngest serial killer, intellegent Jung Moon and a gangster Woong Chul. Bad guys killing bad guys, doesn't sound original? Every character has it's own story and secrets that are hidden deep inside their heart. By gaining trust the strong bond was formed and they started opening to each other. But, where's a trust there's a betrayal, but if you want to believe that person no matter how deep inside you think that he's wrong and bad betrayal again can be replaced by trust. This is a case of these guys. No matter how bad and dirty they were by learning to betrayal and trust they finally believed in each other. And those moments were so strong, emotional, powerful that they moved me to the bones.

Oh my how much I love Kim Sang Joon ahjussi. He is my love of older actors and I always say that he is born to play badass roles. That style suits him the best and in this drama he was no different. He potrays a former detective Oh Gu Tak who's lost his daughter due to a serial killing where his daughter was the last victim of it. Since then, his only goal was to put the bastard in jail.
Jo Dong Hyeok potrays a sexy contract killer, but very clever men. He's heartless, but when he develops feeling for a woman that he musn't love he changes.
My love Park Hae Jin potrays Lee Jung Moon, the youngest serial killer and very intellegent man. People see him as a psychopath and he has a bad past with Oh Gu Tak. Personally he was the most pitied character. His sad, teary eyes and innocent look were the moments where I couldn't help but cry whenever he was crying.
Awww my badass teddy bear will always be in a heart. Ma Dong Seok potrays Park Woong Cheol, a gangster who in a jail for almost 30 years. His character I experienced as a man who everything resolves with a fist and even though he's a bad man he hates evil people. He can be straight and very protective towards the people he cares.
I don't want to spoil anything to you anymore, but I'll simply just say this: These are guys who play by their own rule!

Every second of this spectacular drama was precious and worth. A deep, dark, violence drama with it's deep and strong characters, wonderful music, well made action scenes, twists that keeped me glued to screen for 11 hours brought me an enjoyment which I haven't enjoyed in a long time. Bad guys simply won my heart and will stay there forever. I LOVE you Bad Guys <3

YoungSoonGi
Dec 20, 2014
Good action and good investigation sprinkled with suspense and thought deeper than the first glance is exactly what I search for in a good drama and this gave me exactly what I wanted and more. I stumbled upon it accidentally - by clicking on the OST MV on YouTube - and then I noticed a familiar face - Park HaeJin - and as the MV impressed me and I adore Park HaeJin because of "Doctor Stranger" I gave the drama a try and it didn't disappoint me a single bit.
Each character was crafted carefully - from visual to the inner world and reasoning behind their actions and decisions they make. Why an assassin is and assassin, why a gangster is a gangster, why a psycho became one and most importantly - why they all want to become human again, after being beasts for so long. Each and every actor fit their character flawlessly and it seemed that all of them still have a lot of stories to tell and that, to my mind, is important - that a character seems so rich, so full that you have a feeling it can tell even more than the scriptwriter has presented.
The subtle (and not so subtle) connections between the said characters that allowed the story to grow and evolve, filled each episode with suspense and anticipation for what will happen next. Who has killed who and why? How is he connected to him? Did he really do it? All those questions run at least through my head and I received an answer in each following episode, getting more questions as an addition.
Apart from the way that the drama made me think, I also loved the idea that even beasts want to be and can be human, that some beasts are only circumstantial and might not even be the ones that should be feared, that people we trust might be scarier than a beast hiding in the dark. No beast is ever as scary as human - human is the scariest person on earth no matter how we look at it.
The plot playing with monsters and humans, who turn to be the true beast, was captivating and I literally couldn't stop watching. The investigation done in extraordinary way, the perfectly choreographed action scenes, the raw and realistic feelings of friendship and trust that grow, get stumbled upon and the re-emerge, and, my favorite, basically no romance that would interfere with the story.
This is joining my top favorite dramas and in all honestly I need a season 2 with the same cast, same characters and new human-monsters to catch.
Give this drama a try - I guarantee you won't regret it.

Oppa-kiss-me
Dec 20, 2014
THIS IS THE BEST DRAMA I HAVE SEEN ALL YEAR (2014)!!!! This may be from a biased perspective, but I don't care! This is one amazing drama. I have never watched a action/thriller/crime drama before and enjoyed it as much as I did watching this. I couldn't stop watching this and finished it in 2 days (could have been one day but I needed sleep to enjoy it fully the next day). I enjoyed each episode to the fullest. I was never bored! NEVER!

Amazing plot! The truth hidden in the lies/Lies hidden in the truth. The feeling of pain and sorrow, anger and hatred, betrayal and trust, happiness and sadness... All those feelings each character experienced, I felt and it felt amazingly real. A whole lot of action scenes, which I love. The unjust became just! It felt great to see people got what they deserve, although, I felt they should have got far worse. Those criminals wanted to somehow redeem themselves. These bad people wanted to be good. *cries* :')

I didn't think it was possible to feel something for these criminals, but I did. They went through a lot and I know they were criminals but I couldn't help but feel for them. They invoked a lot of emotions in me. I loved all the characters/casts especially Hae Jin oppa, but Jo Dong Hyeok (Tae Soo), had me like woah! He actually looked like a real criminal. He was so bad ass and hot. Always serious and wicked with his skills.
I loved each one of characters' stories and how they were all connected somehow to each other. It was like a puzzle and when it all came together, it made sense. How they were in the beginning up until the last episode, you see a significant change in each of them and their personalities. They are a perfect team. Their strengths and weaknesses, the affinity they had for each other was superb!

THIS NEEDS A SEASON 2. If this doesn't get a season 2 I'm going to go on a killing spree!!!
Hahaha~ Just kidding! Seriously though, I don't wanna get my hopes up but I really, sincerely and truly wish it does get a second season.

The music was totally awesome! It fits perfectly with every scene and it was just too cool. Especially the fighting scenes, when that music starts playing you can't help but be hyped! Even when people are getting their asses destroyed. Haha xD So great!

I WILL DEFINITELY WATCH THIS AGAIN. NO MAYBE ABOUT THAT!
I honestly don't know what else to say cos I don't want to spoil it for you guys. I appeal to you guys who are into action/thriller/crime, I RECOMMEND THIS FULLY! Even if it's not your cup of tea/type of drama. I implore you to watch this! You don't have to if you don't want to, that is your choice. Still, you don't know the excitement and awesomeness you're missing out on. :P

Miss_Drama_Queen
Jan 5, 2015
Bad Guys. Hm, the title says it all.. The best drama of 2014 for sure.. :D
I'm thanking the writer, who done a pretty good job.. In this drama you will discover a world that most of us hate.. And how we react on those people. Somtimes justice is bi**h..
In this drama you have, Lee Jung Moon (Park Hae Jin), my favorite, who is the youngest serial killer and very smart person. They call him Psycho. Yeah, he is a bit strange in beginig but after when the action unfolds you will understand him. I even cried when he cried. I really liked that Psycho look on him.
Then you have Jung Tae Soo (Jo Dong Hyeok) who is a contract killer, who suposed to be a profesional killer who does not feel guilt, but when he devolops feeling for a woman that he shouldn't love, he changes, a lot.
Park Woong Cheo (Ma Dong Seok), well he is a gengster.. A hot looking gengster, with a warm heart, I like to call him Tank, because he solves everything with his might. I loved his bromance with Lee Jung Moon..
And Oh Goo Tak (Kim Sang Joong), who was a detective called Mad Dog, after death of his daughter he changed a lot.. The only goal in his life was to put the bastard who killed his daughter in jail.
Everything in this drama is amazing. I loved the music, acting skills were great, fighting scenes were also great. Simple everything fits perfectly.
I will definitely rewatch it.
If you are not into action/mystery dramas than, you might not like this drama. But anyway give it a try. In the end you might love it.

Hira-M
Dec 21, 2014
Bad Guys was unarguably one of the best dramas I watched this year. Every episode kept me on the edge of my seat and there was never a dull moment. It had great acting, as awesome story and expert direction and camera work.

Story: The story was really well-written! It had a lot of suspense and some really heartfelt moments. The bromance between these four men was great and I loved how each person had his own story. The thrill and action was gripping. I have never liked fighting scenes but the ones in this drama were intense and I found myself immersed in them. The mystery of Lee Jung Moon and Oh Goo Tak was very interesting and I loved how it all played out. All in all this drama was extremely well-written and well executed.

Actors/Characters: The cast in this drama was amazing! Everyone, even the side and not-so-important characters, did a great job! All characters were written really well and the actors fit into their roles perfectly. These characters were very real, each had his back story, each had feelings and emotions and it was easy to get attached to these characters and feel the pain they were feeling and be happy for them when they were happy.

Kim Sang Joon played Oh Goo Tak so well! I've only seen him in City Hunter and I loved him there! He didn't disappoint here either. Oh Goo Tak was a complicated character, like most characters in this drama, and most of the time I didn't know if I liked him or not. I did feel sorry for him. He was a very interesting character and always kept me guessing what was on his mind.

Lee Jung Moon was my favorite character! Not only because of Park Hae Jin's gorgeous looks but also because I love mysterious, psycho characters. I was blown away by Park Hae Jin's acting! I have seen him in You Who Came From The Stars and he was good in that but here he was amazing! He played mysterious and creepy so well! You can't help but be drawn to him. It was frustrating and also intriguing how I could never read Lee Jung Moon's mind. I never knew what he was thinking, what he was going to do next. I loved that Lee Jung Moon was more than what meets the eye and I felt sorry for the poor guy who got dragged into the whole mess.

Jo Dong Hyuk's voice is beautiful! I could listen to him speak all day and not get tired! On top of that he is really good looking and a great actor! I loved his character, Jung Tae Soo. Tae Soo had such style and charm but he was also such a romantic and that made me love him so much! His story was sad and more than once I wanted to give him a hug.

Park Woong Cheol reminds me of a teddy bear. He is like that. He is tough on the outside but soft on the inside. Ma Dong Seok played him really well. I've seen him before in Shut Up Flower Boy Band but he was completely different here. I liked him here more, this character really suited him well.

Yoo Mi Young was so annoying I can't even! I tolerated her because the rest of the characters were amazing. I'm not sure if she was supposed to be this arrogant and proud or if Kang Ye Won played her that way but this was a character I did not like very much. Did she redeem herself by the end? Maybe. But not all the way.

Overall: The drama was mind-blowingly amazing and I had a lot of fun watching it! It was a thrilling ride and I would highly recommend it to fans of thrillers and crime dramas.

purplenette
Dec 19, 2014
Bad Guys has it all. There is a great main story line which includes mysterious serial killers, betrayal, and deep feelings of injustice as well as understanding, redemption, and forgiveness. Each character's story is also interesting and there is excellent character development with out the character's basic personality changing. The chemistry, the dialogue, the action, and directing come together perfectly. I enjoyed every episode and hope that there will be another season.

I love me some Kim Sang Joong. I have seen many of his dramas and enjoy his characters, but I have to say that Oh Goo Tak is my favorite. He perfectly combined strength and vulnerability. Park Hae Jin portrays Lee Jung Moon as a psychopath of which a person can't help but feel sympathy. Jo Dong Hyeok is beautiful as Jung Tae Soo. I love his character the most. Ma Dong Seok is so enjoyable to watch a Park Woong Cheol. I felt him. They are all attractive in their own way. The other actors are good too.

The music is appropriate.

I will probably rewatch this just before season 2 starts (wishful thinking).

I admit that if you are not into action/mystery dramas that you might not like this drama. However. It is so much more than just that. I recommend this drama to everyone.

DreamingKoreanBallad
Dec 19, 2014
This drama is pure genius! Thank you writer and actors for letting me have a blast watching this and keeping me thrilled with every episode! This drama never got boring - it was so interesting, I loved every second and I highly recommend it!!! There are tons of action scenes, weapons and fights that take place during this drama but you should expect that if you're watching a crime related drama ;)

Story: In order to catch "bad guys" former detective Oh Gu Tak forms a team of "bad guys" to rid the city of the other "bad guys" < This was one of the things that attracted me to this drama ;)

Cast: Lee Jung Moon (Park Hae Jin) *My personal favorite* (and the reason I started this drama), a genius "psychopath" they have labeled him but is that really what he is? His character had a childlikeness to him that I loved - he was vulnerable and honest. Park Woong Cheol (Ma Dong Seok) a gangster with a warm heart - I loved the bromance between him & Jung Moon <3 Jung Tae Soo (Jo Dong Hyeok) a contract killer who turned himself in. Oh Gu Tak (Kim Sang Joon) a former detective who is kicked out after his daughter dies b/c of being overly violent; He brings Jung Moon, Woong Cheol & Tae Soo together & forms the "bad guy" team (but are his intentions pure?) We see these guys build friendships with each other and learn how to care for other people - can bad people become good people?

Music: The intense ost was right on par with every scene.

Re-watch Value: 10/10 - I loved every second of this drama so I will definitely re-watch this <3

A couple of my favorite quotes: "Violence is the law of beasts. Non-violence is the law of people." - Gu Hyeon - "To sin is a human business, but to justify sins is a devilish business." - Jung Moon quoting 'Tolstoy'

ThomasNL
Apr 1, 2016
When I started to watch Bad Guys in the beginning, I assumed it was a series that treats one case per episode. I don't mind watching such series, but they usually have the tendency to become a bit boring. Bad Guys proved me wrong after a few more episodes. There is a huge story line with some twists you'd never expected it to happen.

A series which keeps you entertained, interested and manages to surprise you several times. The producers of Bad Guys did a good job on choosing their actors for their story line either. They'd fit in perfectly.
supalove
Dec 18, 2014
Just finished watching the finale and I gotta say that I am sad to see this one go. Both the cast and crew did an amazing job in making this production and they couldn't have picked a better group of guys to portray this story. The show was very fast-paced, as it kept you on your feet and drew your attention to some real life lessons. And the ending. The ending was so amazingly perfect as it suggests that there may be a possible second season in the making. I was watching six other k-dramas but this one was probably my favorite out of all of them. I'm really gonna miss watching this every week!

asinensis
Jun 4, 2016
A story line that keeps you at your toes at the end of almost every episode, this is an action packed thriller that I cannot believed I missed during its airing. I admit I first started watching this drama for Park Hae Jin but I left this drama having a greater appreciation for not just him but the entire main cast and their amazing chemistry. This is a drama where all the cast members shine ---- each have a meaty backstory that reminds you these characters are not actors playing stereotypical roles but three dimensional people each with their own agenda however flawed it may be. Like the title suggests, this is a story about "bad" guys, people who walk a tight line between law and crime. I like how the story explores the boundary between what is right and wrong through its characters and questions whether they are truly "bad" as society condemns them to be.

Acting here is phenomenal especially Kim Sang Joong who plays Oh Goo Tak, a morally ambiguous cop who would do just about anything to avenge his daughter.

Even though it has only 11 episodes (shorter than most korean dramas I've watched), the director really manages to make every scene count. The drama is not perfect but it is one of the better dramas I've seen in a very long time. Definitely give it a go if you like thriller crime stories with an amazing cast and killer bromance.

ShreeyaSharma
Jan 10, 2015
Bad Guys was an amazing experience. I saw some spectacular acting, a solid plot, unwavering edginess that made the watch all the more thrilling. It's one of the best thrillers I have seen. Why the overall rating of 9 then? Because I can't find myself being thoroughly satiated. Maybe it's got something to do with the weekly episodes that made the ride a haling one, or maybe it was because I wanted there to be more. If this is not the end of the series, I'll gladly take back my 9 and reward it with the 10 it deserves, but if there isn't a 2nd season, I'll definitely be disappointed and unsatisfied.

The plot was just brilliant! I loved the premise and the setting of the story. It's one of those stories that I could watch anytime without hesitation. The synopsis was enough to reel me in. The characters that the writers created were superb. Such depth to each character, such detail that you forget it's just fiction. The story had it's share of twists and turns that kept me at the edge of my seat. And the show didn't break it's streak until the end, which is commendable.

I simply bow down to the cast of this show. I saw some of the best performances I have come across in the time since I started recognizing good performances :P The actors are a part of the reason I'm silently praying for a next season. Anyone who's seen this show will probably agree with me that the actors did praiseworthy work.

It was an absolutely wonderful show, one of the best I have seen. I just need another season to make it perfect. Don't miss out on this one though.

MKay
Jun 27, 2015
I always find it intriguing when writers chose to portray bad guys as the protagonists. Your moral compass tells you that you're supposed to dislike them, but circumstances throughout the story make you feel otherwise. In Bad Guys, the choice between black and white often shifted into a blur of gray. This made a sole decision between right and wrong seem much more difficult, and the question of redemption and second chances resonated throughout the drama. Personally, I battled with my own self conscious. I kept reminding myself, these are the “good guys” but they're not good guys. Yet, as each man struggled through their own internal battles, I started to see it in their actions, that definitive moment when they realized, they may be able to become..."human", as they like to say in Kdramas. They were already deemed as unfit for society, criminals, murderers, and thugs. No one was willing to give them another chance. Ultimately as the story unfolded and their backgrounds were revealed, I started to see a different side of them.

Gu Tak, Jung Moon, Tae Soo, and Woong Cheol each had their own unusual back story, but I think Jung Moon had the most character growth. He was also the most fleshed out, and the drama seemed to revolve mostly around his circumstances. I appreciated the choice to reveal his story last as his criminal record seemed to be the most troubling and intriguing. Had the writer chosen to reveal Jun Moon's story first, I think the drama would have lost all of it's appeal.

There was plenty of bromance and a handful of heart felt events, but overall the tone of Bad Guys was dark and intense. Since I stared this drama out of curiosity, I had the capacity to go into it with no expectations. Maybe that's why I was able to enjoy Bad Guys as much as I did, or maybe it was the idea of a group of condemned men working together to take out other criminals. No matter the reason, I'm glad I watched it.

As far as the cast, Kim Sang Joong was exemplary, but he always is. Park Hae Jin also did a great job. I've officially put him on my radar. Then there's Jo Dong Hyuk, who I don't find to be a bad actor, but he's never really stood out enough that I remember him after a drama is over. Even now, thinking back on Bad Guys I can only remember a stoic face and hard eyes. I'm neutral when it comes to Ma Dong Seok, but I think he performed well enough.

At a rewatch value, I probably wouldn't. However, I would suggest Bad Guys to suspense and crime lovers.