MyDramaList Best of Korea 2016 Winners!

The Best of Korea 2016 - Winners

The votes are in. Here are the winners of this year's MyDramaList Best of Korea 2016 Drama Polls! ________________________________

Winner of three categories |  Descendants of the Sun

Best Comedy | Shopping King Louis

Best Family Drama | Reply 1988

Best Action/Thriller/Suspense Drama |  W: Two Worlds

(VERY CLOSE) Runner Up:  Signal

M4PJ2KVL_e67976_f.jpg

________________________________

Best Actor |  Lee Joon Gi as Wang So [4th Prince] (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo)

________________________________________

Best Actress |  Han Hyo Joo as Oh Yeon Joo(W - Two Worlds)

(VERY CLOSE) Runner Up: Song Hye Kyo as Kang Mo Yeon (Descendants of the Sun)

b1zlVXl3_d32ebd_f.jpg

________________________________________

Best Supporting Actor |  Jin Goo as Seo Dae Yeong (Descendants of the Sun)

________________________________

Best Supporting Actress |  Kim Ji Won as Yoon Myung Ju (Descendants of the Sun)

___________________________________________

Best Up and Coming Actor |  Park Bo Gum as Lee Yeong (Love in the Moonlight)

________________________________

Best Up and Coming Actress |  Kim Go Eun as Hong Seol (Cheese in the Trap)

________________________________

Best Couple |  Lee Joon Gi and IU as Wang So [4th Prince] and Hae Soo (Moon Lovers: Secret: Scarlet Heart Ryeo)

________________________________

Best Idol Actress |  IU as Go Ha Jin / Hae Soo (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo)

________________________________

Best Bromance |  Song Joong Ki and Jin Goo as Yoo Shi Jin and Seo Dae Yeong (Descendants of the Sun)

________________________________

Best Villain |  Song Yoon Ah as Choi Yoo Jin(The K2)

Credits: A big thank you to thatseelyah for putting in many, many hours into making the best of Korea polls happen, counting the nominations, and more.

Thank you for voting for the Best of Korea 2016. Did your favorites get picked?

yuto 16 days ago

DOTS doesnt deserve any award expect for romance!!

GraceLee Mar 17, 2017 - edited

Signal should have won IMHO but anyway this poll is about popularity, different people has different taste... they are all good... but happy that Signal won all these awards, well deserved indeed!!

52nd Baeksang Arts Awards - Winner of Best Drama
    9th Korea Drama Awards - Winner Best Drama
    5th CARI K Drama Awards - Drama of the Year

moonlightmys2 Feb 28, 2017 - edited

I also totally agree :) although I would voted for Signal than W but I know this poll is for most popular votes :)

GraceLee Mar 17, 2017

Me too :)

Eunha Mar 17, 2017 - edited

I would choose signal always since I totally appreciate how well done it is and it was just perfect. But I have to admit I enjoy watching some of the lighter rom-coms more since I tend to watch dramas to relieve stress. I think its a bit of both popularity and people just liking the simple stuff.

cynthia Feb 27, 2017

I totally agree

Sarang Feb 18, 2017 - edited

Signal was much better than W in that genre... so much better... it should have won... Signal was the epitome of action/ thriller genre

Chavs Feb 24, 2017

AGREED

BlueRose Feb 25, 2017

but you've got to but into consideration that even tho signal was the best/better than w, not everyone watched signal so that could be the reason why.
      Also for different reasons some people might to have liked it or had never seen it and for this answered the poll honestly cause inside some of the polls there were some that i had never watch so i only voted for the ones that i actually knew.

Mica Feb 17, 2017

I'm disappointed that Signal didn't win as many categories. It was honestly my favourite drama of 2016

Senpai Feb 4, 2017

Descendants of the Sun was an incredible production.

mahboobeh Feb 4, 2017

Love your list. especially about Shopping King Louis! Love this drama so much

rimrima Feb 4, 2017

whyyyy signal only runnerrr uppp orz T____T

Sergio Feb 2, 2017 - edited

I saw W and Signal and i have to say that although W is a good drama, Signal is in another level, i don't understand how it didn't win anything, and DOTS as the best of the year is a bit disappointing

All_In Jan 29, 2017

I didn't finish K-2 but from what I saw, I'm totally fine with YoonAh as best villain. I also agree with LJG as best actor. Scarlet Heart was a bit of a hot mess (addictive as all get out), but his performance as Wang So was fantastic. Really liked W but Signal, to me, was on a whole other level.

Mr Big Boy Jan 28, 2017

I really would thought GOBLIN would be on this list ..., I know its 2017 but it did start in 2016

AlexYoo Jan 28, 2017

aww sjk :(

Meeno Jan 26, 2017 - edited

Best Villain | Song Yoon Ah as Choi Yoo Jin(The K2) an amazing performance. When an actor can make you feel sad and lonely for them as well has hate down to the core you know they have succeeded. Scarlet Ryeo was a bit of a surprise for so many awards..who cant love our boy LJG but i truly thought that SJK would have beat him out for DoTS. CitT should have gotten something, a true hidden gem.

Saya Jan 25, 2017 - edited

Do Min Joon

Skye-N-Rain's most recent articles...