The first one I ever bought was Sailor Moon. First one I read was NANA.
Alice the 19th and I STILL have it. Though it's been abused but still alive and that was like 15 yrs ago. I think. XD I'll be amazed if anyone knows the series.
My first manga what I read was Black Cat. Still one of my favourite mangas :3 Fist that I brought was Hana to Akuma ^^
boutux wrote: hana kimi lovers unite! lol.

I love Hana Kimi!

Gakuen Alice was the first series I read but I got them out of the library in the beginning. The first manga series that I bought was probably Maid Sama! because my library did not have any of it and I loved the anime.
SurrealCloud wrote: Alice the 19th and I STILL have it. Though it's been abused but still alive and that was like 15 yrs ago. I think. XD I'll be amazed if anyone knows the series.

I read this series a few years ago, it was one of the series I read when I was first really getting into manga. It might not be my favorite but if I recall it was pretty good and had some really interesting characters.
never read, and will never do =/
Ranma 1/2 - I only read some of it. Wish I had time to read Manga.
skip beat, cause the anime ended so abrubtly
Peach Girl was the first I think, I have bought a lot. @.@
The first manga I bought was Sailor Moon.
My first manga both in reading and buying was Vampire Game back in '04, when I had finally caved into a friend's obsession with mangas and animes.
I think it was Dragon Ball. ^^
I was 13 years old and my friend lended me... Tokyo Mew Mew. Before that I had been checking out Detective Conan in the library but never lended any since I wasn't that sure of what it was (and if it was appropriate to show to mom!).

The first one I bought was Death Note. I remember it well since I had to get it ordered from this tiny comic book store full of board games and whatnot. The 13 year old me was very weirded out! :D