Wuxia/Xanxia  fans I am looking for recommendations for similar something similar to Love Between Fairy and Devil. I have not watched too many of this genre but I enjoyed this one because they did a good job of making the characters logical in their behavior and overall misunderstandings are kept to a minimum with the FL/ML. For the most part they had very clear stances where they stood and believed in each other. Others I liked were
Love and Destiny- the one with god of war and the fairy that had the demon king spirit in her
Love of dream pillow book- just the 3rd story arch is really what I liked- the mortal world was painful too watch
Love and redemption- good in places and sometimes so bad that it’s good in others (story concept was good) I kept wanting to shout Si Fang for weeks. (Also does this hold a record for the most time a ML coughed up blood ?)
Eternal love- dropped because I couldn’t stand FL decided to end herself essentially because she believes people who treat her like crap and she basically leaves her baby with them since ML wasn’t there. There was no trust in herself or the ML. 

If you want to watch a great wuxia drama, I recommend The Legend of the Condor Heroes (1983), but it's not similar to the dramas that you mentioned (I think you only mentioned xianxia dramas, but this one is wuxia).

mjf314:

If you want to watch a great wuxia drama, I recommend The Legend of the Condor Heroes (1983), but it's not similar to the dramas that you mentioned (I think you only mentioned xianxia dramas, but this one is wuxia).

Thank you for the recommendation. 

Here are some xianxia/xuanhuan you haven't mentioned. I don't think there will be anything quite like Love Between Fairy & Devil (I loved it too) but you can try these out. ?

Ashes of Love

Ancient Love Poetry

No Boundary (two parts)

The Blue Whisper (two parts)

The Great Ruler

Legend of Fu Yao

The Legends

Here are some wuxia dramas:

Who Rules the World

Legend of Fei

Word of Honor

The Untamed

Fyren:

Here are some xianxia/xuanhuan you haven't mentioned. I don't think there will be anything quite like Love Between Fairy & Devil (I loved it too) but you can try these out. ?

Ashes of Love

Ancient Love Poetry

No Boundary (two parts)

The Blue Whisper (two parts)

The Great Ruler

Legend of Fu Yao

The Legends

Here are some wuxia dramas:

Who Rules the World

Legend of Fei

Word of Honor

The Untamed

I was thinking of trying Ancient Love Poetry, The legends or Blue Whisper next, do you recommend any over the others? 

jillmg:

I was thinking of trying Ancient Love Poetry, The legends or Blue Whisper next, do you recommend any over the others? 

Ahh, I have only watched Ancient Love Poetry out of those 3. I liked it enough, the quality is amazing. I'm kinda picky on lead characterization and for me, the ML character wasn't my cup of tea. The actor (Xu Kai) is fine but meh. The story is good though. ?

Typically good wuxia are not centered on romance.  Classic wuxia movies I recommend are Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon , The House of the Flying Dagger and Hero (the 2002 movie with Jet Li).  The latest good wuxia drama I would recommend for the quality of the fight scenes is Side Story of Fox Volant.

For Xanxia, I highly recommend the serie Joy of Life and the movie The legend of the Demon Cat. 

Ashes of Love   
Eternal Love of Dream   
Ever Night    (+season2)
Legend of Fu Yao   
Love and Redemption    

i see many recommendations above that I agree with.

Coen22:

Typically good wuxia are not centered on romance.  Classic wuxia movies I recommend are Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon , The House of the Flying Dagger and Hero (the 2002 movie with Jet Li).  The latest good wuxia drama I would recommend for the quality of the fight scenes is Side Story of Fox Volant.

For Xanxia, I highly recommend the serie Joy of Life and the movie The legend of the Demon Cat. 

seconded crouching tiger, hidden dragon! it's such a masterpiece! the cinematography, the acting are on different level. cannot stop thinking about it ever since michelle yeoh mentioned the film was kinda like pride and prejudice but make it wuxia. 

@OP: i don't feel like it (bcs i watched it on 3x speed lol), but so many people had mentioned that Love Between Fairy and Devil is one of the best xianxia with unusual trope execution (?) and all. So if you hold that drama as your standard, you might probably get disappointed often.. 

For Wuxia

• The Legend of the Condor Heroes (2017) -  Drama experts will probably say the older versions are better etc but this one is more than good enough for us newbies (visually easier on the eyes than the older versions). Available on iQIYI.
  • The Long Ballad (2021) - Beautifully directed (I still remember specific frames and plenty of well-choreographed fight scenes).  Features the lovely Dilraba Dilmurat and Leo Wu in northern grasslands splendor. It's based on a well-written manhua that I would recommend to anyone in a heartbeat. The only problematic thing for me is the script. Whenever it insists on diverging from the original material to create unnecessary plot twists, the characters lose their essence (especially when compared to the manhua). Still worth the watch (just need to ignore/roll your eyes on some parts).  Available on Viki.
  • Who Rules the World (2022) - Partial wuxia, partial light politics. Excellent production values. The script is written without any loopholes that I can remember. But... I felt myself losing interest somewhere in the middle. I think it's because there's barely any surprises/tension in the script to hold my interest by then. I did finish it and I know a lot of people love this. Available on Netflix.

For Xianxia

• Three Lives, Three Worlds, Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms (2017) aka Eternal Love - Lol. You dropped it right at the story's turning point! The novel (and the movie starring Yang Yang and Crystal Liu) actually starts from her jumping off the platform, so the story was originally meant to piece together the "mystery" of who this person (Ye Hua) is who comes to disrupt Bai Qian's "peace" in her fox den. I like both versions. The movie: for Yang Yang and the CGI. The drama: for the lovely camera work, phenomenal acting, and the length which allows the story to be fully fleshed out). It's beloved by fans for a reason. I urge you to pick up from where you left off and give it another try :) Available on Netflix and Viki (but Viki's subs are better).
  • Ever Night (2018) - This is a  xianxia that's still set in the land of the mortals. The plot and story is compelling. The locations are breathtaking. This brought Chen Feiyu (the ML) to superstar fame and you can understand why. He looks good and has plenty of charisma. The only catch: most of the young actors (including Chen Feiyu) have cringey moments of acting. Plus the director spent too much time spent on villains' diatribes.  Available on Viki, WeTV and YouTube (depending on your location).

Trifecta dramas (excellently written, produced and acted—but not focused on romance)

• Nirvana in Fire (2015) - The drama that's on top of nearly everyone's non-romance c-drama list. The first 2 episodes drop all the characters at once and you need to figure out who's who BUT if by the time episodes 4 and 5 roll in and you're hooked, I think you're hooked all the way. This is a universally-acclaimed masterpiece. Available on Viki, WeTV and YouTube.
  • Novoland: Eagle Flag (2018) - A barely-mentioned drama that deserves way more love and accolades than it receives currently. It's a medieval fantasy that's based on intricate world-building and worth every bit of praise. Available on Viki.

Happy watching!

PS: I have not yet watched The Wolf (2020) but it's theme is forbidden love and probably has lots of angst. I'm planning to watch it in the future but I can't vouch for it for now.

@ymynym

Fast forwarding LBFD is completely understandable if you've already saw a lot of romantic xianxia. It is your basic self-sacrifice angsy with an happy ending romance. It is just really well made. For me, it was a decent entertainement in between more serious historic drama. 

@Jiyuu

The Wolf is one of the Chinese drama that got me invested emotionally the most, thanks to Li Quin and Wang Dalu incredible acting.  The story is heartbreaking but imo, beautiful. 

I watched Who Rules the World after LBFAD and it helped me get over it. No fantasy elements, just wuxia. The ML and FL are both very down to earth and quite likeable.

Then I watched Love Like the Galaxy which is amazing as well. Historical drama and great production value. Give it a few episodes before deciding if you like it (the grandmother is extremely annoying at the beginning and I almost dropped it because of her).

Welcome to the wuxia/xianxia world! Here are some of my recommendations:

Wuxia

• Who Rules the World  - good plot, strong ML and FL tho it did drop off towards the end due to rush editing.... But this was due to China's new rules regarding episode limitations so the crew had to cut off many scenes to reduce the drama to 40 episodes
  • Joy of Life - I've not watched this but I've heard many good reviews about it
  • The Blood of Youth - Despite it's low-budget, the drama stayed true to the novel and dongman adaptation. The CG (and many scenes) literally replicates the dongman!It's a good story about friendship

Xianxia

• Immortal Samsara (2 parts) - it's so sad but it's so good T_T
  • The Starry Love - Not your typical xianxia I love how there are so many comedic elements and the cliche "I will spend 3 life times with you" is potrayed in a slightly different manner 

Joy of Life would be among my top 10 for sure.