So... that ending with Bo Jin Yan turning around to face the camera, was that really him?

The music was eerie when he turned around... and his eyes were so dilated. 

They never really cleared up on Alan... so I really don't know if Simon is still hiding something about this Alan "persona".

Any thoughts on this?

i am so confuse too his eyes were the same as Allen it was really weird !!!!! I'm quite disapointed about this ending i was really confident to see the wedding not those last minutes.

I've read the book though and it says that he doesn't have a double personality. He put an act and created Allen just to ensure that Tommy/Xie Han trust him so all the stories about Allen was false. 

As soon as he turned around, I though, was sure, he was Allen. There was no other reason to make it seem like that with the creepy music and all if he wasn't......at least in my opinion. I demand a season 2, lol
It seems like a really weird way to end a show if there isn't going to be a season 2. Like almost sloppy.....why would that scene be needed? It just didn't make any sense with the story that came before it....so it would definitely need more story that came after it to justify. 
The way i saw it was.. thats just the look he gives, every time he solved a case he had that same "evil look" while explaining every detail and step the killers took to commit their murders, because he was putting himself in the " killers shoes" using the technique "to catch a killer you must think like a killer "
i think they ended the drama that way because thats what the drama is about .. him solving murders,  thats the look he gets and the creepy music was just added effect cause its the end of the drama, hes a genius criminal profiler only fitting we end with a close up of his dilated eyes and smirk. ♥

The ending confused me so much it was geniusss!!!
There are  two possible reasons for the eyes at the end of the drama and both of them lead to a season 2;
1) The eyes are the eyes he gets when he puts himself in the killers shoes (which i think was him actually being Allen since Allen is a serial killer) and so by using that for the last scene they were saying look forward to another season of catching killers 2) It could be their way of hinting Allen exists because they are Allen's eyes - the creepy music also couldn'y have meant anything good. Either way i want a season 2 lool
WTF was that ending? The book ends on the proposal, what was the need for that weird open-ended last scene? I demand season 2 too, or at least a long special.
From my experince chinese productions tende to create unnecassary so called 'second seasons' that can have different sript writers, directors and even actors.
I haven't read the novel yet but it seems like this season did capture the whole novel so even if there is a second season it most likely will be horrible original production. E.g. Startling With Each Step and Journey Of The Flower...
I read the Love Me if You Dare novel and in the novel it said that the character of Allen never existed. It was just Simon's plan to try and get away from Tommy. As for the drama...I think they did it purposely to add more suspense to the ending.
This was definitely Allan. The show didn't follow the book in everything. The last episode and twist wasn't in it. I got shivers from his smile. This was not Simon for sure. I like the confusing ending. I was left speechless since middle of ep 24 so I don't mind remaining like this. lol
Simon said in the drama that Allen was an act to delay his time when he was getting tortured by Tommy 
i think he said it in the 19 or 20 episode 
this drama overall is in one of my favorites
my only complaint is the ending isn't much satisfying and expected 
What if Allen started off as an act but became a real personality? Split personality? In any case, it's the same person.
 MissEurydice:

So... that ending with Bo Jin Yan turning around to face the camera, was that really him?

The music was eerie when he turned around... and his eyes were so dilated. 

They never really cleared up on Alan... so I really don't know if Simon is still hiding something about this Alan "persona".

Any thoughts on this?

Well, I think Allen is like Simon , two sides of the same person - and both are part of Bo Jin Yan.  This is just my take on the situation, but please bear with me.  I don't believe Allen is an evil 'secondary personality'.  Bo doesn't lose time and is clearly able to function at all times.  The same goes for Simon being a 'good' one. 

I think it's actually more complicated that simply being DPD.  Basically, though that Allen is the dark side of Bo (which we all have); cold, logical, emotionally detached and able to see through all the every day baggage we all carry around uncessarily.  He can see the most depraved murders and killings, deal with it, and make sure that Jin Yan stays sane.  Simon is the (slightly; very slightly) more emotional side of Jian Yan is the part that Jenny helped make more empathic, but even before her, he was the side of Bo's personality that deal with the more people orientated contact - if Bo was merely Allen, then I doubt he'd have many friends.

My gramps in Ireland told me the story of the two wolves - one dark, one light, etc, etc (I won't bore you with it as you've probably heard it).  He asked me which one I'd feed -   I replied "Both - I'm not an angel so I can't be good all the time and anyway even a really good wolf is dangerous if you starve it.  So I'm going to accept I feed both and accept I'm bad and good and then instead of them fighting each other to boss me around, they can fight together to protect me from anyone who hates me."  He laughed so much (I was only 7 so he hadn't thought I'd go that route).

But I think this is Bo Jin Yan's approach - he feeds both his wolves and both fight for him; to catch the depraved and twisted criminals, to keep him safe and help him interact in a way with people that will ensure they help him solve the case.  Remember, not everyone hated him - he had his friend from college, Jenny and the American FBI agent who were all close to him.  

But, up until the end of the series, Bo had struggled with accepting that - however, by the end, when we see Allen (he always has the very dilated pupils for some reason, possibly to take in moreof a crime scene?) we see Jin Yan accepting that his 'dark wolf' is as much a part of him as his light one and that, just maybe, it's not a bad thing.

I honestly don't believe it was meant to show that everything the pushy French Interpol agent thought of him was true.  In the book, I have to admit, my theory stands up better!  lol!

Sorry for the long post!  :)

ladymay:
The way i saw it was.. thats just the look he gives, every time he solved a case he had that same "evil look" while explaining every detail and step the killers took to commit their murders, because he was putting himself in the " killers shoes" using the technique "to catch a killer you must think like a killer "
i think they ended the drama that way because thats what the drama is about .. him solving murders,  thats the look he gets and the creepy music was just added effect cause its the end of the drama, hes a genius criminal profiler only fitting we end with a close up of his dilated eyes and smirk.

To me it was 'Allen', Bo Jin Yan's killer hunter side of his personality, looking straight at the camera and challenging any killers to try and beat him - to me it was a 'I'm coming for you' to the bad guys. :)