Two people having to live under the same roof for whatever reason, a girl in a guy dormitory (some actresses have all the luck ;) ), a group of people forced to share the same house.
It's a typical enough scenario in Asian dramas.

Do you like this genre? If yes, what is your favourite?
Needless to say, you can explain why, if you wish.

:D
Hi Amrita...I like the premise do u hv any faves u cld reccommend..?
Mich wrote: Hi Amrita...I like the premise do u hv any faves u cld reccommend..?

I can't say this is my favourite scenario of all, but I also can't deny I've dreamt of being confined with some good-looking guys myself, LOL.

I'd say my favourites so far are Hana Kimi - first Japanese version - because it's tremendously hilarious, Stand Up!! , another Japanese drama I'd recommend in any case, sadly underrated, Strawberry on the Shortcake, Japanese too, not well known but absolutely worth the try and very unpredictable and Kimi wa Petto - again Japanese - a classic, well acted and whose premises are so surreal it's endearing.

Personally, I find the Korean dealing with this topic a little... too forced. But that's just a question of taste. :)

Wait! I forgot Sungkyunkwan Scandal, a Korean one at last! I think this one really made the issue "sleeping under the same roof" into a funny&sexy experience! :D
I may add Autumn Concerto, which I truly loved, but you've seen it already. :)
I'm watching Hotaru no Hikari right now and the two leads are forced to live under the same roof and to top it off they work together and the guy is the girl's boss. It's hilarious because they're complete opposites, and so far there haven't been any hints of romance, but I'm sure they'll pop up soon.

Also, there was the melodrama Thank You. The focus was on the little girl with AIDS, but the two leads lived in the same house which was cute.

And the family drama Smile, You where one family ends up living with they're drivers family after they experience financial ruin. It's funny to see the family's collide all while the two leads end up falling for each other.

I like the genre because when characters are forced to live under the same roof they always clash and produce funny scenes. Sometimes they're well-written and directed, and sometimes they're not. I think there are many ways to bring about the "living under the same roof" scenario. Sometimes marriage contracts are involved too, like Full House or Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang or My Little Bride (movie) or Sweet 18. Those are cute too.
*edit: their driver's family
Mines has to be Hotaru No Hikari
Sungkyunkwan Scandal
The forced living situation was not at the core of this particular drama, but since this one hasn't been mentioned yet, I'm throwing Dream High into the ring (Hye Mi and her sister, Sam Dong, and Jin Gook all living under their teacher's roof counts, right? Guys?). I mean, how adorable was the bromance that developed between Sam Dong and Jin Gook? Their Underwear Battle has left an indelible impression on my heart!

And just because it STILL makes me smile:
I am wondering why no one mentioned You're Beautiful ;)
chiii90 wrote: The forced living situation was not at the core of this particular drama, but since this one hasn't been mentioned yet, I'm throwing Dream High into the ring (Hye Mi and her sister, Sam Dong, and Jin Gook all living under their teacher's roof counts, right? Guys?). I mean, how adorable was the bromance that developed between Sam Dong and Jin Gook? Their Underwear Battle has left an indelible impression on my heart!

Very good example. Their not so secret competition was so funny, and endearing! :D

SweetheartAdmirer wrote: I am wondering why no one mentioned You're Beautiful ;)

Don't worry: others will mention it soon enough.
is shining inheritance a force living too?
I thought playful kiss had a good "forced living together" situation. But apparently I'm one of the few people here who actually liked the drama :). It was funny and I liked how the leads had to live in the same house ^o^

Atashinchi No Danshi(Jdrama) was also cute. The whole "unrelated" family was forced to live together.

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge(Jdrama) is perhaps one of the best and funniest drama falling under the "forced living together" category. The whole cast was hilarious :D
Hana Kimi TW + JP
YAB
Kimi wa Petto
Stand Up
Dream High
SKKS
Personal Taste
Goong (it counts right?)
Hotaru no Hikari
ISWAK / Playful Kiss
chiii90 wrote: The forced living situation was not at the core of this particular drama, but since this one hasn't been mentioned yet, I'm throwing Dream High into the ring (Hye Mi and her sister, Sam Dong, and Jin Gook all living under their teacher's roof counts, right? Guys?). I mean, how adorable was the bromance that developed between Sam Dong and Jin Gook? Their Underwear Battle has left an indelible impression on my heart!

And just because it STILL makes me smile:

To me it counts! I loved their blooming bromance.

Dream High
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
Personal Taste