I’m not sure if this meets what you have in mind, but I do like a well developed villain/bad guy character .   For me, his/her reasons for becoming villain should be shown in the drama and their attempts at being good/loving.   

One of my favorites and an example is Zhao Huang/Demon King in The Destiny of White Snake

prettygirllost2009:

I’m not sure if this meets what you have in mind, but I do like a well developed villain/bad guy character .   For me, his/her reasons for becoming villain should be shown in the drama and their attempts at being good/loving.   

One of my favorites and an example is Zhao Huang/Demon King in The Destiny of White Snake

Yes, this contributions are exactly what we are looking for. We’re here to discuss the well written ones -  not the shallow and unreasonable ones! Thank you :)

Lin:

Xue Yang is truly a gem in terms of being a well-written character :) Sometimes when I read the him mentioning comment sections I was surprised by the criticism. I think he has even more characte-depth than  protagonists in other dramas.

Agreed 

Bulgasal's villain wanted his father approval so he became Bulgasal 

Killer and Healer's villain cared for the one saved his life but he was viscous with him when he learned about his betrayal ,,, he tortured his bestfriend just because in his twisted mind he loved him 

Always loved a well-written villain, antagonist or just any morally grey character in general! I often find myself favouring or rooting for them instead of the protagonist lol

I want to join!! Ever since I joined The Dark Side Cult I've wanted a thread about this topic and here it is :) I have a lot to catch up tho so if you have recommendations they're more than welcome

emi:

Always loved a well-written villain, antagonist or just any morally grey character in general! I often find myself favouring or rooting for them instead of the protagonist lol

ah yes this happens 

Benizakura:

I want to join!! Ever since I joined The Dark Side Cult I've wanted a thread about this topic and here it is :) I have a lot to catch up tho so if you have recommendations they're more than welcome

Ahh I am glad I happened to make another persons wish come true as well :)
About the recommendations, I just recently started a voting list for the shows with the the best written characters. click here Maybe you will find something good.

I also saw that you haven’t watched Flower of Evil yet. Thats my all time favorite but telling you the reason might take some of the tension. 

Lin:

Ahh I am glad I happened to make another persons wish come true as well :)
About the recommendations, I just recently started a voting list for the shows with the the best written characters. click here Maybe you will find something good.

I also saw that you haven’t watched Flower of Evil yet. Thats my all time favorite but telling you the reason might take some of the tension. 

Thanks for the list! Flower of Evil is on top of my PTW I just need to have a right mood to start watching it. According to what ppl have talked about it, I already know that I'm gonna love it

Flower of Evil's Villain was very handsome and scary sometimes 

One of my top favorite Kdramas

Architectofnonsence:

Flower of Evil's Villain was very handsome and scary sometimes 

One of my top favorite Kdramas

Agreed. Everything was on point!

I'd love to join! I often like antagonists and villains and find myself often more interested in them than the main characters, with some notable exceptions, however. :-)

(Spoiler alert) 

I loved the brother in Come and Hug Me, but I HATED the actual villain.

Popcxqueen:

I'd love to join! I often like antagonists and villains and find myself often more interested in them than the main characters, with some notable exceptions, however. :-)

(Spoiler alert) 

I loved the brother in Come and Hug Me, but I HATED the actual villain. 

Me too....and I think it's maybe because he had redeeming qualities and he wasn't just all bad from the start?

AnaTechWr:
Me too....and I think it's maybe because he had redeeming qualities and he wasn't just all bad from the start?

Agreed - plus there were definitely reasons for his behavior.