Konbanwa Minna-san I joined this community not too long ago and I realized that everyone here is affected by Kdramas fever and for someone like me who only watches Japanese and HKC dramas; it will be hard to find friends of the same taste to communicate with. Of course I am not saying that everyone is like that since I already met my first friend here “CheerfulSoul” who shares a big part of my taste and my favourite list but I was wondering if all users prefer Kdramas only. Anyway, it’s nice to meet you all. Yorushuku ne :)
I don't just watch K Dramas. :-) I watch anything that sounds interesting to me. Right now I'm watching a Japanese drama. My first drama ever was Japanese. I know a lot of people who watch other dramas, too, not just if they are Korean.
nice to meet you too and welcome :) I watch Kdramas, but my fav are def Jdramas ;D and I've recently started watching TDramas as well :)
Hi. Welcome to MDL. I watch a bit of everything these days but until recently I didn't really watch that many KDramas at all! City Hunter had a lot to do with changing my mind. Personally I still prefer JDramas though. :)
Hello and welcome to MDL. And no, not everybody is watching kdramas. Actually i'm an almost J-dramas only watcher (sorry for my bad English). And there are lots of people who are watching J-dramas. In the forum threads you'll be able to "meet" people who has the same taste as you. Feel free to add me if you want, i'm always happy to share my interest for J-dramas with other people. But I don't watch Chinese or HK dramas (I think I should try them too). I'm sure you will spend very good time here on the forum. Yoroshiku onegai shimasu
It's good to know that not all users are into Kdramas; it's nice to meet you all ^^ It's just that all top dramas are practically Korean and they're getting intention from everyone.
I watch mainly Japanese and Korean dramas ~~ I do watch Taiwanese as well ^^
of course i like k dramas but j dramas have equal part of my heart as well then comes taiwainese dramas no need to worry u'll find many tomodachi who have similar taste yokoso MDL kazoku e !!!
I watch mostly j-dramas. That's because I started watching because I'm interested in the Japanese language, and then I became addicted. :) I have only been watching j-dramas for about six months and I feel that there are so many good ones out there that I haven't seen yet, and that's why I've felt that I don't have time for anything else just yet. ;)

Well, but recently I watched my first South Korean movie and I began my first k-drama... I thought I should give it a try since, like you have noticed, k-dramas are so popular. (I don't think everyone on here are k-drama fans, but I do think it looks like k-dramas are more popular for whatever reason.) I like it, but I wouldn't say I'm a k-drama fan, for the reasons I mentioned! Now that I've watched quite a few Japanese dramas, I begin to feel a bit more familiar with actors' faces and names. I find that sometimes, when I read about a drama or movie on MDL and I look at the pictures of the cast, I go: "hey, wasn't he the guy I saw in one episode of [drama title]?!" ... I think that this probably qualifies me as a j-drama fan. ;)
I have a hard time watching Korean and Chinese (and American) dramas because my attention doesn't hold for 16+ episodes. Too used to UK and Japanese TV, I think. That, and I have wider interests to do with Japan, so I end up watching Japanese drama exclusively. But I did enjoy the one Kdrama I finished.
Welcome!

I watch just about anything I can get my hands on. This includes K, J, Taiwanese, Chinese, and Thai dramas. I have completed more J dramas than anything else, however I love them all. :)
I'm "into k-dramas", but I'm also into dramas from other countries. Currently I'm trying to watch more chinese mailand dramas because some of my all time favorites are chinese. I also watch a lot of japanese dramas and I really, really like them. Not as much as chinese and korean dramas though.

I'm watching a lot of Hong Kong movies, so lately I've been wanting to find a good Hong Kong drama to watch. So if anyone know some good Mainland or Hong Kong dramas please tell me! ^.^

I know what you mean though.. about korean dramas getting so much more attention. But it's the same thing with japanese dramas. They get way more attention than chinese and HK dramas. It's too bad because there's so many great dramas out there from all countries. I guess that's just how it works. Korean dramas becomes more and more popular due to k-pop, just as japanese dramas were really popular a few years back when people listened to j-rock, j-pop and watched anime. : )

Anyway, I think that most of us drama addicts watch a little bit of everything. Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese or even Thai dramas, but that a lot of the "newest" drama addicts on MDL stick to korean or japanese in the beginning (or simply dramas from the country that first got them into asian dramas).
sorry but i mostly watch Korean dramas and Taiwanese dramas. But we can still be friends if you want!
Hello and welcome! I have to say, I love dramas from all the asian countries, but j-dramas are most definitely my favorite. <3 I'm sure if you look around, you'll find lots of people that prefer j-dramas.
I prefer Jdramas as well