Oshin if you insist on Japanese dramas

Chinese dramas:

The Bond (2021) is a Chinese drama,  This one is awesome.  
Lost You Forever (2023)

Get ready for a box of tissues.

mparthur:

Oshin if you insist on Japanese dramas

Chinese dramas:

The Bond (2021) is a Chinese drama,  This one is awesome.  
Lost You Forever (2023)

Get ready for a box of tissues.

ASTER:

Remembering Lichuan (2016) chinese  

thank youu!!

I have a personal list HERE
Sad ending/Tearjerker is a very common theme of JP-Films but note that everyone's tear-holding capability is different.

samenai:

I have a personal list HERE
Sad ending/Tearjerker is a very common theme of JP-Films but note that everyone's tear-holding capability is different.

thank you!!!!!

1 Litre of Tears, based on the diaries and life of a young woman with a progressive incurable degenerative disease. It balances happy and sad well, so it's not 11 hours of tears. But when they do come.... Not sure if I'll be able to watch it again but I'm glad I did.

This was asked in the Japan section, but if you're open to other things, may I suggest He's Coming to Me? It's mostly fun, and so full of kindness and warmth it brings many smiles. But it's about a ghost and a young man who can see him, and that brings complications. Don't want to say too much but there was a moment when I couldn't continue and had to pause, blow my nose, sob, sob again, and pull myself together enough to go on. Sound promising for you? :)

These sorts of mixes between happy and sad are more powerful for me.  Both of these also include supportive family and friends, and that always makes it easier for me to cry hard. Good luck finding what you need.

These are some Indian films that made me cry

Indian movies are 2.5-3 hours long, full of colors and emotions, in which no one can get bored. Movies from other countries could not impress me like this even though they are 1.5-2 hours long.

Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham...

Every moment of it is describing the family  relationships and emotions very well, especially the unexpressed emotions in relationships.I have seen this movie many times, but even today tears come out as I did when I saw it for the first time. 

777 Charlie

The story of the pet and its owner. story of hate to love 

Bajrangi Bhaijaan

This is the story of an innocent man and an innocent mute girl, their bond which can make anyone cry.

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

This story of  Anjali's unexpressed  love.