Rich Man, Poor Woman
Summer Nude
Love Shuffle
Shitsuren Chocolatier
Around 40
From 5 to 9
Dear Sister

Give them a try. :)
I think NigeHaji fits what you're looking for perfectly! Even though it's technically a romcom, the comedy is clever (and not over the top) and the romance is lovely! The whole drama takes pretty much all of the jdrama stereotypes and shifts the dynamics and power balances around completely. The characters are the best part of the drama; they're well-developed with complex personalities and are completely unique from any other ensemble I've seen in a jdrama. I would 100% recommend it! 
Love Shuffle is an awesome one!
Some more good ones like that are Boku to Star no 99 NichiRegattaSummer Nude and Mei-chan no Shitsuji.
I'll reccomend Princess Princess D, but I'm still not too sure of what I watched....haha..
In Yamada Tarou Monogatari, the female lead's a bit of a "klutz", but it's such a great show!!!!! :)
Umi no Ue no ShinryoujoTop CasterSekai Ichi Muzukashii Koi and Dinner are all great ones, if not exactly what you're looking for!
I know you just wanted J-dramas, but for movies, Oppai VolleyballMiracle: Devil Claus' Love and Magic, and A Cheerful Gang Turns the Earth are the best :)

Enjoy!
 Thanks everyone! :)
Totsuzen desu ga ashita kekkon shimasu
hotaru no hikari (2007) 
hotaru no hikari 2 (2010) 
@Elle thanks for taking time to read my post and reply, sorry to say though it was actually after watching a few episodes of
hotaru no hikari that I wrote the post. Suggestions still welcome though, thank you! :)
Most jdrama romance are like this anyway

Please try Second Love http://mydramalist.com/12096-second-love