please add given to the list

I've read the manga of this and can confirm it can be added to the BL list for upcoming shows. The male lead is bi and eventually he likes the guy too. 

https://mydramalist.com/708381-kieta-hatsukoi

Would again request Kieta Hatsukoi to be added (it is confirmed a BL) but also the upcoming Utsukushii Kare (2021). 

Kieta Hatsukoi: https://mydramalist.com/708381-kieta-hatsukoi

Utsukushii Kare: https://mydramalist.com/712695-utsukushii-kare

A literal hats off to japan for making  bl with veteran actors or already famous  celebs like singers , idols or models. most countries dont have this guts. dont want to "tarnish" the name of a famous actor. theres a reason i have always respected japan. 

Ichika Kaneki :

A literal hats off to japan for making  bl with veteran actors or already famous  celebs like singers , idols or models. most countries dont have this guts. dont want to "tarnish" the name of a famous actor. theres a reason i have always respected japan. 

South Korea is beginning to do so as well.  It’s not necessarily about countries’ lack of guts, but about what they are capable of broadcasting without getting in trouble or shutdown.

ourpeachscones :

South Korea is beginning to do so as well.  It’s not necessarily about countries’ lack of guts, but about what they are capable of broadcasting without getting in trouble or shutdown.

"broadcasting without getting in trouble or shutdown."
lets leave korea and china out of these because the general population is quite homophobic, but what about thailand and taiwan? they dont use veteran actors at all, very less tbh.
Taiwan is known to be asia's most accepting country when it comes to lgbtq and first asian country to legalize same sex marriage. and Thailand is known for being a very queer friendly country, you might argue by saying that the general people of thailand is very homophobic, it isnt ive been to thailand..

in this perspective i would say my very homophobic and orthodox country is doing a great job in improving the mindset, we have a few lgbt romcom movies but with veteran actors. 

thailand is trying to add a few veteran actors recently. like in bad buddy, one of its protagonists is very famous but hasnt done a single bl until this one. so thats a good start

Now that you mention it, I noticed something... it looks to me that there a certain people or companies that specialize in doing BL mainly, and that these projects are not considered as "a main production" but more like an "independent project". 

In my country, if people do an LGBTQ+ themed movie or series it would be an unusual theme, and the people involved would be quite well known because the theme would be considered edgy and a project that could expand their experience and acting skills... the names would be big in productions team as well and so on. But if there would be some kind of BL company promoting LGBTQ+ (a company that is not mainstream, a company that wants to represent BLs), it would be an "indie" company, they would cast more up and coming actors, unknown people, and the budget would be small, the resources would be limited.

I think it's the same with BL in Asia the industry is not mainstream, the audience is not that diverse and big (the target is mainly girls), the budget is not that big to afford that big names and there is a stereotype in these type of projects...  We also know that sometimes they crowdfund or they put in their own personal money.

Also, there is a thing that I noticed in Taiwan for example, even if they are open-minded (could be people are only minding their own business) bay people are not coming out that much (I mean famous people), could be they are afraid that they will lose the diverse audience or be typecasted, and the ones that were outed are big names that did not do BL projects, also we have to consider their positions in the small circle of family and friends, young people were accepting but some did say parents did not. 

So it could be that not all actors that are big are thinking to go to the BL industry because generally, I saw some big names doing LGBTQ+ projects but the movies were big projects. 

I think that Thailand is the most open-minded country regarding lgbtq entertainment. Japan and China are the worst probably

I don't think Japan is that bad... because I heard a Japanese teacher say that in big cities they started already having sex ed and LGBTQ+ ed in schools. The teachers also explain that people are on a spectrum and sexuality is diverse and they do say that if there are students that don't know and need to talk they are available, they also have questioners and "tests" for students to be open to their identity,  accept diversity and so on. But this is a new thing :)

China and Korea are absolutely the worst in regards to LGBTQIA representation on tv, Japan is nowhere near as homophobic as Korea when it comes to showcase of LGBTQIA love on broadcast.

Can you please add :
Kieta Hatsukoi Special (2021) ?

Boys Love
Takumi-kun series
Junjou
Hidamari ga Kikoeru