Hey all,
I'm a bit out of the loop with recent Japanese Dramas, Movies & Specials. I'd love some recommendations for anything I haven't seen from 2017 that's fully subbed, 2016 too. Only requirement is no tragedies. That's it. Throw stuff at me you thought was good & worth the time. :)
Thanks. Both of those seem interesting, so I'll check them out. :)
Totsuzen Desu ga, Ashita Kekkon Shimasu (2017, light hearted romance, I personally didn't like Nigehaji but this one has a similar feel to it but in my opinion it's executed better than Nigehaji)

Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai (2016, romance, comedy, shows how nice jdrama romance can be)

Ie Uru Onna (2016, pure comedy, this one is hilarious, it also has subtle subtle romance to it)

Wolf Girl and Black Prince (2016, romance, a cute high school romance movie)

99.9: Criminal Lawyer (2016, comedy, this doesn't really have romance but good comedy, it's an easy watch)
Suki na Hito ga Iru Koto
Family's Form
Good Morning Call
Jimi ni Sugoi
Kaitou Tantei Yamaneko
Love Song
NigeHaji
Tokyo Tarareba Musume

These were probably my favs of last year and what I've seen from this year. :)
Thanks for the recommendations. Lots for me to look at. :)

Totsuzen Desu ga was already planned as well as Family's Form so I will definitely give those a shot. I think I actually already have Ie Uru Onna somewhere so will look into that too LOL.

99.9: Criminal Lawyer didn't sound interesting to me but will keep it in mind for later. Especially if I need an easy watch. Which I will need after the current 56 episode Drama I am watching. :)

NigeHaji's & Tokyo Tarareba Musume 2nd recommendations so will check them out for sure. 

Already seen Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai which was sweet, Wolf Girl and Black Prince which didn't compare to the Anime at all. Also seen Suki na Hito ga Iru Koto which is good. Good Morning Call was great, wish they did a 2nd season!

Kaitou Tantei Yamaneko was ok. Personally didn't like it too much.

Jimi ni Sugoi isn't fully subbed yet so I'll keep it in mind & look into it later.

I've seen Love Song too, can't really remember what I thought of it XD!
Definite yes to the Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu rec!
And I'm not sure if you will like the genre but I'd also recommend Seirei no Moribito (season 1 and season 2)~ The first season is only 4 episodes long, second is 9 episodes (and just finished being subbed, so sites like Kissasian will likely add the final 2 episodes soon), plus a third and final season will be airing in November of this year.

Edit: Just noticed you've seen season 1 already lol! I think season 2 is even better~ ;D
Definitely plan on watching Seirei no Moribito II. Loved the first season & such a cliffhanger. Need to know the continuation LOL. Just waiting & hoping the subber will post SRT's besides the ASS subs. So holding out for a little while in case it does happen. :)
Quartet is definitely the best this year so far.
Boku no Yabai Tsuma  /both unpredictable
Kiseki no Hito
Nigeru Onna
Cold Case
SP - Watashi ni Unmei no Koi Nante Arienaitte Omotteta /is's cute
99.9: Criminal Lawyer
Evergreen Love
It's Not That I Can't Marry, But I Don't Want To
Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu
Sekai Ichi Muzukashii Koi
2016 :
I second Kiseki no Hito's suggestion, absolutly great.
I would also recommend Juhan Shuttai !!!, which was one of the most appreciated of last year. (i did like it a lot).
Why not IQ 246 or Mr Nietzsche in the convenience store ? there are funny and light too.

As you didn't want tragedies, i would not recommend Juken no Cinderella (Cinderella Formula), which was my personnal favorite of 2016. No tragedy in the execution of the drama, but you can easily guess the ending of the story. Yet I was surprisingly moved by this story

2017 :
so far Tokyo tarareba Musume is the one i liked the most, but you can try A life if you're in the mood for Kimura Takuya : his charm still worked on me though not the best of his dramas. but there are still promising dramas of the winter season that aren't subbed yet, Byplayers ahead.
Thanks for all the recommendations. Appreciate them. I'll look into nearly all of those. 

Have already seen Evergreen Love, was disappointed with it. 

For Kiseki no Hito, I'm assuming you guys mean the 2016 Drama of the same name? 

I tried Mr Nietzsche in the convenience store on Crunchyroll when it first came out I think, didn't really like it.

How much is Dean in IQ 246? Does he appear a lot? The story doesn't sound like my kind of thing at all.

I was thinking of trying ALife but not a fan of Medical stuff, do like Taku though, sometimes... ;)

I think I'll start with Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu since that seems to be getting a lot of votes. :)
for Kiseki no Hito it's indeed the 2016 drama (referenced here as Miracle Man).

As for Fujioka in IQ246, he is the butler of the main character, and he is in almost every episode. i consider him as the second lead. The story ddin't started that good for me, but it went better after a few episodes. It's a weird kind of humour though (typically japanese in some kind of ways). this show is not a must watch though.
Finished NigeHaji. Thanks for the recommendations on that one. Loved it. Was a lot of fun to watch.

Trying to decide on the next one. Still in the mood for something not too heavy. 

Thanks Sumi. I might look into IQ246 then & give it a shot if he's in it for more than 5 minutes. ;)
Juhan Shuttai, Kuroi 10-nin no Onna, Totto TV and Koe Koi are fun and definitely not heavy.