older japanese drama is the best. please give some recs. <3

A little late but I to have a soft spot for the early 2000s dramas; here are some Japanese dramas I enjoyed listed in no particular order:

I actually have a list of my favourite early 2000s dramas, not just Jdramas tho, if you're at all interested: https://mydramalist.com/list/4a6qap61

Hana Yori Dango is my all time favorite.

Two older jdramas which i have watched and remembered as memorable ones are:

• Beach Boys - some romance but an exceptional series on friendship, chasing dreams and finding direction in life
  • Heaven's Coins - romance but prepared to cry buckets

Beautiful Life (2000) - one of the very first KimuTaku's dramas I watched, and it was a wonderful romance drama. Japan excels when it comes to depicting daily life and struggles of the disables and minority.

Summer Snow (2000) - another classic romance, imho. 

Kimi wa Petto (2003) - imo, this version is better than the newer version. The actings were more natural, Koyuki and Jun are simply better actors. Even when this is an older woman-younger man romance (and and odd relationship to begin with), this drama still grabbed my heart.

Crying out Love, in the Center of the World (2004) - This drama was very popular the year it came out. Be forewarned, this is yet another romance/melodrama like the first two dramas listed above. But it's also very good.

Orange Days (2004) - one of my all time favorites. Besides romance, this drama also focuses on friendship and college life.

Last Christmas (2004) - This is quite an underrated romance drama. It's sweet and heartwarming.

H2 (2005) - an adaptation from Adachi's manga. If you're familiar with this manga author, you'd know that he does subtle romance AND love triangle really well.

Love Shuffle (2009) - another cute one with multiple couples and strong friendship theme.

Nagareboshi (2010) - a very beautiful and touching drama. Now, this one has a strong undercurrent of romance, but it is very subtle. Still, it's one of the best romance dramas out there if you ask me, even when the romance is often time not the main focus. 

Hotaru no Hikari is another great one, but this is a popular drama and seems like someone had already recommended you. Enjoy watching!

1 litre no namida

Hana Yori Dango both seasons

Nodame Cantablie 

Koukou Kyoushi 2003

Hana Yori Dango

Kimi wa Petto

Buzzer Beat

Nobuta no Produce

ArniA:

Hana Yori Dango is my all time favorite.

mine too.

Wish Upon A Star:

Two older jdramas which i have watched and remembered as memorable ones are:

• Beach Boys - some romance but an exceptional series on friendship, chasing dreams and finding direction in life
  • Heaven's Coins - romance but prepared to cry buckets

thank you

amzo:

A little late but I to have a soft spot for the early 2000s dramas; here are some Japanese dramas I enjoyed listed in no particular order:

I actually have a list of my favourite early 2000s dramas, not just Jdramas tho, if you're at all interested: https://mydramalist.com/list/4a6qap61

thank you