There was a Korean thread so I made a Japanese version. Japanese CDs aren't usually as beautifully gimmicky as K-Pop CDs, but let's see what you've got anyway. (Hoping this thread doesn't become just me posting my crap...)

A short while ago I became the proud owner of this thing. (No, I don't have it pinned on my wall.)

Does Daesung's japanese album count? Lol! Actually I think Gackt's Mars cd was the last one I bought. I'm trying to collect some of my old faves like Gackt and L'arc~en~Ciel.
FullDex wrote: Does Daesung's japanese album count? Lol! .

Yeah, sure. I count my Shoujo Jidai stuff.
I barely remember the last time I bought a CD, must be about four years ago, when I still had some money to spend but before I had an interest in anything Japanese... Unfortunately I have never bought a Japanese CD (but the last time I tried to look up where to buy one, thinking: "I would like to hear more of this voice!", was after I had heard this song on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo9yMnUq0yU I don't have any money but if I had, I'd love to own a full CD with this guy's voice, omg) but I bought a tape once, a year or two before I got a CD player. It's funny because I do remember being in this store in Paris with my grandmother where they had all sorts of things - she bought a t-shirt - including music, but I don't remember anything about what the store looked like or if it was big or small. I think it was nature-themed... All I remember clearly was that I listened to some music and I had a "WOW!!" experience... I had to buy that tape (it was the group Himekami) and even though it was wonderful to stay about two more weeks in France, I felt from time to time that I couldn't get back home fast enough because I wanted to hear more of that music... Once home, I listened to that tape when I was writing, it became my writing music for at least a year. I moved on to other kinds of music after some time, but I kept that tape for years even after I didn't have a tape recorder anymore and couldn't listen to it. Looking up Himekami on YouTube, about 20 years later, I find that I remember those melodies.

Isn't it funny how music = time travel?! Hello, 14 year old me! ;) This is the first track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nmPL54wQpM Thanks for asking this question, making me remember things...

I'll probably buy Japanese CDs when I get a job. Ha! I'd love to bu CDs in Japan when I get a job! :D (Okay, so maybe not exactly when I get a job, but when I've saved up the money...
lily_b wrote: Isn't it funny how music = time travel?! Hello, 14 year old me! ;) This is the first track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nmPL54wQpM Thanks for asking this question, making me remember things...

Thank you for sharing your story, and linking to some lovely music. =) (My ultimate time travel music is the Genesis album, Calling All Stations, which reminds me of long car journeys.)

lily_b wrote: I'll probably buy Japanese CDs when I get a job. Ha! I'd love to bu CDs in Japan when I get a job! :D (Okay, so maybe not exactly when I get a job, but when I've saved up the money...

When I go to Japan I will probably spend most of my time and money in Book Off.
Hmm I purchased a Morning Musume album through iTunes.

Physical CDs: The last I purchased was the second soundtrack for X. (anime series)
Sleepninja wrote: Hmm I purchased a Morning Musume album through iTunes.

Physical CDs: The last I purchased was the second soundtrack for X. (anime series)

Is that the same X that X Japan did? is yes, NICE!
Judo_Aniki wrote: Is that the same X that X Japan did? is yes, NICE!

nope not the same ... the anime isn't all that old, from 2002 or something ... x-japans X was realeased in 1989 ... wish i could get my hands on X-Japans CDs though

last CD i bought was ...

Girugämesh - Monster

totally love it *~*
bought some ONE OK ROCK songs on itunes. and last physical cd was KAT-TUN's No More Pain
femmedesneiges wrote:
When I go to Japan I will probably spend most of my time and money in Book Off.

Oooh, me too, me too! Didn't know about that! (I hadn't even imagined that a chain of used books stores exist...) It's a plan now, definitely. :)
ChrisyChaotic wrote: wish i could get my hands on X-Japans CDs though

There should be some floating around the interwebs. WIth the renewed interest on X-Japan because of the reunion, it could be a tad bit pricey though.

I actually managed to get a hold of a Baad CD from the early 90s! Big Slam Dunk fan here. Haha.
I wish I owned some X Japan CDs. T-T I only have a few digital songs that my friend put on a mix CD for me. lol

hmm last time I bought actual CD's was at Otakon in August. I got a bunch. T.M.Revolution - Geisha Boy (autographed! :3 ) T.M.Revolution - Under Cover II Home Made Kazoku - Thank You (autographed) The Akabane Vulgars on Strong Bypass - Proclamation but the last albums I bought on itunes were a bit more recent: Dir en grey - the unraveling Dir en grey - uroboros Dir en grey - dum spiro spero T.M.Revolution - Cloud Nine I still have some credit on itunes and have been trying to decide what to spend it on. not a lot of jrock albums on itunes canada. it'll probably end up being the gazette for lack of better options. dying to get the new miyavi cd also
Oh this was quite some time ago, but Utada Hikaru Single Collection Vol 2
the last jp cd i bought was puffy's bunny drop single...."sweet drops" lol. and u-kiss fall in love