I seem to get that impression. I can understand that. They are high on love/romance. I am a male who enjoys K-drama. I love romance/love. I don't know if it has something to with it me being a male and liking K-dramas, but i'm Bi. Perhaps tnat has something to do with it. I don't know.
Robin, Hi! I hope  you're having a blast watching Dramas... I would think it is mostly women, because of the cheesy romance part, but there are several dramas that have catched the men's interest. I don't think it has to do whether you are straight, gay or bi. It has to do with your personality. If you like dramas, you like dramas. If you like golf/any other sports, you like sports. Don't think it has to do with gender. But this is my opinion.

I hope you continue to enjoy dramas. This why we joined mdl! :)
Hi,JPT. I see. I don't think the romance is cheesy, but cozy and nice. I guess i am a romantic person. I really like drama. I also hope you continue to like drama.
Just from my observations of kdrama watchers that I know from high school/college/work/community, it seems that most of the kdrama watchers are women.

Even if you take a look at the kdrama blogs/sites and podcasts, it seems to be mostly female as well. 

:)
I haven't found that to be the case. I know kdrama watchers who are guys. One of them mostly watches like action stuff from what I can tell but the other three like watching the romance stuff. I can only think of those four off the top of my head, but I don't think it's unusual for guys to like kdramas. They have interesting stories after all. When you compare it to the women, I know only five who watch them, so it's only a little more. I don't know what it's like online because I don't pay attention to what people's genders are on this site, but I think there are also a bunch of guys on here too? I'm not sure how many though.
I don't really know many others who watch Kdrama's but I am a guy so you aren't the only one haha. I don't mind romance, but that isn't really why I watch the dramas I do. I will stay tuned in if the drama has good characters, and it has to have an alright plot. 
I think it has nothing to do with your sexuality. You just like them. I've read about this before but I forgot where: Dramas in Korea were originally made targeting middle-aged housewives but then later it became a variety and for all gender and ages.
Anyways, I have male friends who enjoy romcoms too! I hope you continue to find new dramas and enjoy them! ~ 
I think it depends mostly on your personality and I'm pretty sure there's a lot of people out there who watch them but don't say anything out of awkwardness.
I'm a guy, who loves watching K-Dramas and I can't get enough. Not sure what to watch next always seems to be my problem though.
I am a guy who stumbled upon K-Drama back in 2012. Basically I was sick of American tv and just wanted to find something completely different. Just happened to click on Shining Inheritance thinking it was a movie. By the time the first episode was done I was hooked. Initially I watched a ton of historical dramas, now I stick to the melodramas, the darker the better. As soon as I finish a drama I come here to see what people are talking about to pick out what to watch next.
We're scarce but are out there.  And no I don't think it has anything to do with sexuality, race or culture - just one's tolerance for melodrama.  Most guys I know have virtually none, which is unfortunate because it means they miss out on a lot.  I've seen hidden gems, ESP in the anime genre, that make contemporary Hollywood crap look like schlock.
I believe it has more to do with being a romantic (for most KDramas) even if i normally stick with RomComs. I do agree with most everything from Hollywood is crap.
In the past i had someone I chatted with for months online think i was a girl.  I am proud of both my boys and talk about them A LOT. Then it finally hit me she thought i was a girl when she mentioned me being a mother :/
Well. I am male but into Kdramas and Jdramas. I like the dramas with really really good story line and acting.
I got my hubby hooked on a few, but he's enjoys romantic movies (He likes a wide variety of styles of shows/movies, including the more typical guy stuff like action, war, thriller, horror, etc.) just as much as I do. I can always count on him to watch a romantic comedy with me - I picked a winner! :) 
I think it depends on the guy, but I do think they are more geared toward women viewers in general. 
Maybe and maybe not, I watch them because there interesting and different. Plus whenever love is involved you see a different side of a character.