Hello everyone!

I don't know about you all but I have been really disappointed in 2017 until now with the Korean dramas that came out. Of course, there were gems like Tunnel and School 2017 but that is about it for me. Nothing TOO iconic like W - Two Worlds, My Beautiful Gong Shim, Goblin etc. like in 2016.

Currently I am/was watching Radio Romance, Cross and Hwayugi but all of them are not THAT good. Sure, there are some interesting and amazing characters or the story is good (in the beginning) but meh :( 

Problems I usually have when watching dramas: 

• rushed story
  • flat/boring characters (mostyle female MC)
  • no chemistry between the leads 
  • plot holes that are REALLY visible (even to me)

Does someone know some really good dramas that are airing right now? And if you do, please write a little bit about it in order to give me motivation haha <3 I can't bring myself to watch something....

Just Between Lovers was excellent, IMO. Misty is currently airing and it's quite good so far if you're up for a more mature drama. 

Maybe you should go for comedy dramas and laugh a bit? Find some feelgood dramas and not too many heavy past that you need to sympathize with the leads.
How about checking out Chinese dramas for a change?

"Strong woman Do Bong Soon" made me laugh all the way, so did "Hwarang" (even though I dislike Go Ah Ra, skipped her scenes whenever it was possible)  Ooops- found out both have Park Hyung Shik in there :D 

My last K-drama I gave a 10, was "I am not a robot"

I also recommend Just Between Lovers!
The story is definitely not rushed, and it felt very "real" to me, despite the kinda unrealistic background (the accident).  
Characters are not your typical drama characters and the main female lead is definitely not weak or boring. Also they are super adorable together :)
I don't remember being bothered by any plot holes haha

Also I really liked Strongest Deliveryman. I thought the story and characters were original, different from the usual stuff you see in dramas. It's a drama for everyone but if the topic touches you, I think you may like it

For great chemistry, I recommend I am not A Robot, but that's if you think you can get over the highly unrealistic plot ^^ The ending is satisfying though, as there aren't questions left unanswered. 

Go Back Couple (Bring tissues)

Live Up To Your Name Dr.Heo (Amazing male mc and can be hyped it you like medical dramas)

Save Me (You will be disappointed by ending but it have a solid beginning)

I'm Not a Robot (If you fluff and nothing too deep) 

Prison Playbook (Dull/boring beginning but if you could get through that then it will be an enjoyable ride)

Laughter in Waikiki (if the comedy suit your taste)

Don't watch genres you always watch. I had the same issue as you and I was told to watch movies, watch from different countries, or just a break altogether...

I've been massively struggling with the current crop as well. I dont think i've ever dropped so many shows in such a short period of time. I'm  pinning my hopes on that man oh soo, but i think it might be in vain.

I think the gloriously silly enemies from the past will be the only airing kd i am watching.

LenaKove:
I don't know about you all but I have been really disappointed in 2017 until now with the Korean dramas that came out.

Me too! Recently feeling  Lost.

Most of the ones I can think of are not new.... It might help if you tell what genres you like so I don't suggest a genre you don't like..... I have also watched a bunch of movies lately 

* One Step ( 2017 movie).... The lead female (Dara) is struck by a car and suffers from memory loss and also acquires synesthesia (she sees colors when she hears music)... she meet a girl about her age at the hospital and moves in with her and her brother since she doesn't have any place to go since she doesn't remember her name or where she lived before.... She has a melody stuck in her head and searches for the song title since when she hears the melody she remembers parts of her past... She meets a singer/ songwriter who can name any song just by a few bars and he helps her to deal with her disease and get her memory back through music 

+++++ Misty
Woman of Dignity
Circle
Stranger
Because This Is My First Life
Chicago Typewriter
Mystery Queen

Just between lovers was just about perfect. Everything from the acting to the music to the story were beautiful. A must watch!

I am now watching Shall we kiss first.  This drama is curremtly airing and it has been AWESOME so far.    The lead couple is older, with lots of life experience which makes for interesting layerd characters.  

I plan to watch Misty next which I've heard great things about.   

Try some thai dramas like Waen dok mai or Gasohug or some Japanese drama like We Married as a Job. I am often not satisfied with the popular dramas so I always look for the underrated. Last night I found My Husband Oh Jak Doo.   You might wanna give it a try. 

I agree with the others about Chicago Typewriter and Go Back Couple. 

Also there's Laughter in Waikiki if you need a laugh. 

I'm currently watching Misty and I'm loving it. I'm also hook with Mystery Queen 2. However, I find in the past month that there's a lot of good Japanese drama than Korean drama(in my opinion btw) so if you want, check some Japanese drama if you don't find any interesting Korean dramas as of the moment. Hope this help.

1 Just between lovers  Try it...

2 Because this is my first life Realistic Story. great chemistry b/w lead role + side roles

3 Im not a robot  well in my case after watching Remember,i was curious to watch Kim Min Kyu in rom com... ;P