Has anyone been through not being interested in any k-dramas? I can't seem to be able to watch any k-drama for long. I took a break for about 3 week and 2 nights ago I watched You Drive Me Crazy but as for full dramas I'm just not interested. I mean I've gone through times where I take a break after watching good as well as bad dramas but it's never been as bad as this. If it helps the last full k-drama I watched was Evergreen. I tried Something in the Rain but I struggled to even watch 30 mins of it and now 25 mins of Rich Man.

Sounds like you're just burnt out. Take a break from k-dramas and watch dramas from another country. Or instead of dramas watch some movies or tv shows. Mix it up so you don't get tired of just one country.

I kind of went through that, but it didn't last super long. Turned out I just picked up a lot of pretty mediocre dramas to watch, so forcing myself to finish them killed my excitement about any dramas. I listened to some people here who recommended switching countries and I think it helped, too. I also ended up just dropping all dramas I didn't like. One thing that helped me at some point was to skip the beginning of dramas with slow starts and just get to the good part. I don't know if any of that would help you, though. I wonder if some people just lose interest in dramas after watching many of them, especially if they often choose the  same genre or dramas with repetitive themes, but it seems that most of the people just go through phases. 

Thanks for the responses. :D

I watch T, C dramas and lakorns back and forth in between k-dramas. I managed to finished the first episode of Rich Man - I think it had a bit of a slow start. I've also tried watching some movies but there's very few that keep my attention. Maybe I need more time away from k-drama and not force myself. 

I'm sort of in that slump now. I started a bunch of dramas and then just couldn't get through them, even if I was interested in it. 

Like I'm currently watching Arang and the Magistrate and I really like it. I'm a huge fan of Shin Min Ah and Lee Joon Gi, but I can't seem to watch more than a couple episodes at a time. It's mostly because I'm in the thick of all the drama and it's making me anxious but I don't have the time to binge it so I want to wait when I have more free time but then I just end up putting it off because I don't want to stop at a cliffhanger and not be able to watch more. If that makes any sense??

So instead, I've been watching a lot of variety shows. I think it's a good filler for when you don't want to watch a drama. Maybe try that?

Try watching short series or movies..... I have movie marathons once a week and also a few variety shows when the dramas I watch are dragging too much or I am waiting for subs.... Plus  think I have watched almost every web drama on Viki since I want a quick drama 

sailorscout:

I'm sort of in that slump now. I started a bunch of dramas and then just couldn't get through them, even if I was interested in it. 

Like I'm currently watching Arang and the Magistrate and I really like it. I'm a huge fan of Shin Min Ah and Lee Joon Gi, but I can't seem to watch more than a couple episodes at a time. It's mostly because I'm in the thick of all the drama and it's making me anxious but I don't have the time to binge it so I want to wait when I have more free time but then I just end up putting it off because I don't want to stop at a cliffhanger and not be able to watch more. If that makes any sense??

So instead, I've been watching a lot of variety shows. I think it's a good filler for when you don't want to watch a drama. Maybe try that?

Thanks for responding :D

Do you have any that you'd recommend? I've only seen one variety show. 

Stevie70:

Try watching short series or movies..... I have movie marathons once a week and also a few variety shows when the dramas I watch are dragging too much or I am waiting for subs.... Plus  think I have watched almost every web drama on Viki since I want a quick drama 

It's been a while since I checked viki's short web dramas so I'll have another look. Thanks :-)

I think movies or variety shows are a good filler. I've recently started Youn's Kitchen 2 for Park Seo Joon and it's a really relaxing show to watch - the only downside is that I get hungry when watching because of all the food, haha. Or sometimes I take a break from watching things altogether and read a book instead.

Brownie:

Thanks for responding :D

Do you have any that you'd recommend? I've only seen one variety show. 

I'm currently watching Roommates Season 2 for Jackson (GOT7). He's sooo energetic and sooo funny. Honestly, the entire cast in this season is so hilarious together. I highly recommend it. 

I second Youn's Kitchen Season 2 for Park Seo Joon <3333 

A guilty pleasure of mine is We Got Married. It's just cute and funny (and sometimes so cringe lol). I've only watched parts of Season 4 for the couples: Lee Jong-hyun (CNBlue) & Gong Seung-yeon; Song Jae-rim & Kim So-eun; Yook Sungjae (BtoB) & Joy (Red Velvet); and Eric Nam and Solar (Mamamoo).  

2 Days 1 Night is also really funny. I recommend watching the episode with the Hwarang boys (Park Seo Joon, Park Hyungsik and Choi Minho). 

I've also been in the hole, then I started watching drama specials  (only lasts about an hour) and came back to light.

Here are some I liked:

https://mydramalist.com/9364-drama-special-2014-oh-man-bok-is-pretty

https://mydramalist.com/19508-drama-special-season-7-the-red-teacher

https://mydramalist.com/7073-drama-special-series-season-3-adolescence-medley

and this mini drama:

https://mydramalist.com/22187-the-boy-next-door

I hope this can help you. 

Thanks very much for all your recommendations! :D

With two people recommending it, I think I'm gonna have to try out that Kitchen one! :-) 

@tita_cba two of your recommendations have me really interested but I'll be sure to check them all out. :-)

Ondemandkorea has a tob of web dramas you can watch for  free with English subs

Variety Shows

✔️ Celebrity Bromance (youtube) 

✔️ Exciting India (Suho, Choi Min Ho, Lee Jung Hyun and some other idols travelling through India on Youtube) 

✔️ Running Man 

✔️ Strong Heart (Lee Dong Wook is a host) 

✔️ Knowing Brothers 

✔️ Master Key 

✔️ We Are In Love (Chinese) 

Season 2 has Song Ji Hyo partnered woth Chen Bolin and they are adorable

Ondemandkorea doesn't work in my country but I've seen a couple of those shows advertised on kocowa, viki and dramafever :-)

1.I would also recommend watching some variety shows. Above are many that I would also recommend, depending on what you like to watch more than other things.
If you are interesting in K-Pop
-Weekly idol
-Knowing bros (also has other celebrities)
-Masters Key (also has other celebrities)
-I Live Alone ( I like to watch the short clips of actors and singers I like on youtube -often they are not really translated though)
-Yang and Nam show (plus second season)

Variety shows that I liked in general are
-Abnormal summit ( I think it is still in hiatus but there are a lot of old ep. - it is more political but on the wikipedia page are short summaries about the topics they talk about )
-Youth before flowers ( there is one with the cast op reply 1988 and one with winner ). 

things that I never watched but are still popular are
-Running men
-We got married
- 2 days & 1 night
-a lot of k-pop groups have their own little shows which are often interesting especially to get to know them and they often play a lot of funny games so that it is still pretty funny to watch them  
like Not life, after mom went to bed (it is youtube with different groups every week ),seventeen has their own ones and so on - you can google it.

2.I also spend of the time with searching for upcoming new dramas that seem to be interesting, that way I get excited to watch them.

3.For me sometimes I search for a drama that has really good review or that someone recommended to me and just force myself to watch at least the first 2 episodes. These are mostly dramas that I don't watch when I have a currently watching dramas because I don't have the need to find or watch something that doesn't really seems to fit my drama taste, but often they are hidden gems.
Just try to watch something where you are not sure if you would normally watch it. Maybe start with the trailer or short scenes on youtube and look if it doesn't seem okay and then try it.
When I had watched Reply 1988 I took me maybe weeks to decide if it was worth it and when the first ep. didn't catch my attention, I continued watching it just because I didn't have anything other to do and was in a total drama slump but I loved the drama, so just some dramas a chances like you wrote above.

4.If you want to do something different, but still want to stay in the same area you could read Chinese/japanese/etc. novels that are translated online into English. Some are not that good and pretty tedious after some time, but there are some good ones.
Sadly I never wrote down any of the names of the ones I have read so far, but if you liked some Chinese dramas many of them are adapted from a novel which may be translated or is translated online so give it a try.

as a side note, I started getting into drama slumps after watching a lot of really good dramas, where I had the feeling current dramas just weren't good enough anymore, my exception became higher and higher after every really good drama I watched. So waiting for a few months maybe till a new good one ( even though there are often only a handful every year)  starts, is not a bad thing.