엑스파이브

Xenos-5 (often referred to as X-5 or X-Five), is a South Korean boy band with five members, formed under Open World Entertainment in 2011. 'XENOS', is an allomorph for the Greek word of 'stranger', where the name 'X-5' (referring to 5 Xenos), originated from. This means they are not ordinary and their group's color is unique and different.

After being officially announced by Open World Entertainment that they were debuting another boy band early 2011, X-5 debuted on April 20, 2011 with their song 'The Show is Over' at their debut showcase. On April 22, 2011, they officially debuted through KBS2's Music Bank with 'The Show is Over' ('쇼하지마'), also known as 'Don't Put On An Act', after releasing the respective music video.

Members

Son Hyunseok (손현석), stage name Ghun (건), is the oldest member of X-5. Ghun is the leader and a main vocalist. Ghun is known to be the shortest in X-5 standing at the height of 183 cm.
Birthday: November 30, 1989 (age 22)

Lee Donghyun, (이동현) stage name Taefung (태풍), is the second oldest member of X-5 and main vocalist of the group.
Birthday: April 28, 1991 (age 20)

Jung Haewon, (정해원) usually known as just Haewon (해원), is a vocalist of the group as well as the group's visual.
Birthday: June 20, 1991 (age 20)

Jin Hyunjin, (진현진) commonly known as Zin (진), is the main rapper of the group.
Birthday: July 20, 1993 (age 18)

Kim Jinwan (김진완), stage name Sulhu (설후), is the youngest member of the group, and is a rapper of the group.
Birthday: September 31, 1995 (age 16)

Filmography:

2O11 - Miss Ripley (미스 리플리) - X-5 as X-5 (Cameo)
2O11 - Spy Myung Wol (스파이 명월) - Ghun as younger Eric

Discography:

Mini-Albums:
-XENOS - April 2011
-DANGEROUS - December 2011

I've just listened to all of their songs haha, has anyone else listened to them?
X-5 talks about the importance of gaining experience

http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/20120110_x5.jpg[/IMG]

On January 9th, X-5 sat down for an interview to talk about their reflections on working with labelmate senior Jun Jin at the ‘Open World Festival in Tokyo‘ last year.

Leader Gun said, “[I]There’s a reason why Shinhwa is considered legendary. They have enough stage experience to catch exactly what the crowd wants. Watching over them was like watching their history and experience.

Zin continued, “While performing with Jun Jin and The Boss, we realized what a difference experience can make. They freely enjoyed the stage and the concert with their fans, which was something we still had to learn.

The festival was a meaningful one in that it marked Jun Jin’s return from the army; it was also the first collaboration stage between The Boss and X-5.

Gun stated, “This was only our first concert together, so we hope that it will become a concert that can be long-lasting and well-loved in Japan. Our dream is to perform at the Tokyo Dome together.

Allkpop
X-5′s Zin reveals Gun’s chocolate abs

X-5‘s Zin sneakily revealed a picture of leader Gun and his chocolate abs!

On January 8th, Zin wrote on the group’s official me2day, “Look at Gun hyung’s body, just look kekekeke His abs are no joke! kekekeke.

Although it’s seemingly a picture of himself getting his make up done, the backdrop is of Gun changing his shirt, showing his chocolate abs in the process.

Netizens commented, “Wow~ daebak,” “His face is handsome, his body is more handsome…” “Look, there’s chocolate!” “Thanks, Zin oppa~” and “Reveal them on TV, too!

Allkpop

Click on the link to see the picture (:
This is older but an intro to them :p

they already have difficult names (both korean and japanese names)..and they go and keep different stage names...wth?!..my brains can't take it anymore lol
KamZ wrote: they already have difficult names (both korean and japanese names)..and they go and keep different stage names...wth?!..my brains can't take it anymore lol

Jajajajajajajaja, breathe just breathe...By the way, what Japanese names are you referring to?
LisNoir wrote: Jajajajajajajaja, breathe just breathe...By the way, what Japanese names are you referring to?

i'm talking about their names in general..not this band in particular...all korean and japanese names...it's already difficult to remember (and pronounce) ONE name and they go and keep different stage names too.....it confuses the hell outta me lol
KamZ wrote: i'm talking about their names in general..not this band in particular...all korean and japanese names...it's already difficult to remember (and pronounce) ONE name and they go and keep different stage names too.....it confuses the hell outta me lol

LOL...almost all groups have one or two members who use a stagename. In MBLAQ 4 of 5 have stage names...LOL
Hahaha kamz! xD It is a little confusing :p
LisNoir wrote: LOL...almost all groups have one or two members who use a stagename. In MBLAQ 4 of 5 have stage names...LOL

i only know your avi guy (thanks to you lol) from MBLAQ..what was his name again?! lee teuk..joon??? lol
Tall boy group X-5 has Big expectations

http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/20120119_x5_1.jpg[/IMG]

Idol group X-5 is working hard to develop their own unique appeals.

The boys garnered a lot of attention for their dashing good looks and their tall height even before their debut, but they feel that simply isn’t enough. Different from their innocent and pure image, the boys are extremely intense and determined. The members are usually extremely playful and love to joke around, but they were quite genuine and focused for their interview with OSEN.

“[I]Every week, there is a new group that debuts on a music program. There are also a lot of boy groups that have been emerging. We are constantly on our toes (Gun)
.”

This seems to be their motto, and the area they are most concerned with is their performances. Because of their tall height (average height of 6’1″), their dance moves can come across as awkward but the boys are working hard to put on flawless performances for their fans. While they were still trainees, the boys rehearsed their dance routines with sand bags in their pockets in order to perfect the moves.

We have selected a lot of moves that tall people can pull off, and we are rehearsing day and night. Rain sunbaenim is also tall, but he dances really well. There is also Aoora. We are working to become unique like Rain. We know that such drastic changes won’t happen overnight, but we promise that we will work hard to develop ourselves little by little as time goes by (Typhoon).”

http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/20120119_x5_2.jpg[/IMG]

X-5 also has plans to debut in Japan this year. Their label mates ‘The BOSS‘ are doing extremely well in Japan, heightening expectations for X-5′s promotions.

“[I]We still cannot speak Japanese fluently, but we are really excited for out Japanese promotions. We already have a good fan base there. I think they like us because we are tall (laughs) (Sulhoo)
.”

Their most recent release “Dangerous” has been receiving high praises for the addictive melody and their eye-catching stage ensembles. The members agree that they all really like the song as well.

We wanted to try something that was powerful but still smooth and pleasant at the same time, and we think that this song encompasses all of that. We were really focused on the dance, and we modified it a number of times. It was hard to memorize as we changed it so many times, but in the end it was all worth it. That’s how our ‘glove dance’ came to be, and we also did something a little different for our ensembles. We wear long boots, something that guys don’t normally wear. We think it gives us the image of young princes? Haha (Gun).”

Their goal this year is to win a #1 K-Chart win on a music program. They are doing everything they can to make this happen.

We are also learning how to write and compose songs. We want to greet our fans as a band one day, so we are also taking up a few instruments. We also want to try our hand at acting and modeling, but right now we are mostly focused on achieving a #1 win. This year, we really want a K-Chart win! (Haewon).”

Source & Image: OSEN
I've only heard their first song. I liked it, but just never kept up with the group.
Their charms haven't been known yet, cuz they don't appear often in TV shows. They should set deeper pillar in Korea to gain popularity worldwide, but they are going abroad, & perhaps lack of mass media promotion & Tv programs, so less people know them, i mean unfamiliar. They should work more on TV, fan service, aegyo, more on hilarious side, cuz they are newbie, still shy on publication :)
LaVa wrote: Their charms haven't been known yet, cuz they don't appear often in TV shows.
They should set deeper pillar in Korea to gain popularity worldwide, but they are going abroad, & perhaps lack of mass media promotion & Tv programs, so less people know them, i mean unfamiliar.

They should work more on TV, fan service, aegyo, more on hilarious side, cuz they are newbie, still shy on publication :)

I agree (: I'd like to see more from them so they could get known more!

X-5 send their Lunar New Year greetings

http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/20120120_x5_1-460x628.jpg[/IMG]

New ‘tall’ boy group X-5 took some time out of their busy schedule to record a special video message for their fans.

The boys dressed in colorful traditional Korean [I]hanbok
‘s in time for the traditional holiday weekend, and wished their fans a very happy and blessed Lunar New Year.

Check out the video and the translation below!

Gun: “Hello Everyone, we are X-5! The 2012 Lunar New Year is upon us. This is the first Lunar New Year that we’re celebrating together as X-5. How do you guys feel, starting with Zin?

Zin: “Good… you know...

Gun: “Yes, there are a lot of different games you can play when it’s this time of year. And Haewon?

Haewon: “As for me, I’m really… excited. I’m curious as to what kinds of things will occur when we go to rehearsals later…

Gun: “Yes, and as for me, I’m looking forward to the food. After eating average meals, I’m excited to eat the traditional Lunar New Year food, like rice cake soup and Korean pancakes!

Everyone: “We’re getting Korean pancakes?

Gun: “Well… let’s hope so! Haewon here has personally offered to make us rice cake soup.

Sulhoo: “I don’t eat it without beef.

Zin: “Beef is the best part of the soup!

Haewon: “Don’t eat it then!

Gun: “Well, (laughs), we will use things like eggs and nori to make a delicious soup. What about you, Typhoon?

Typhoon: “I miss my mom…

Gun: “Ah, yes, of course. This is the heart of a young 22 year old. And our maknae?

Sulhoo: “I’m just glad I get to eat.

Gun: “Yes, everyone, it’s Lunar New Year. We would like to get ‘sabae’ money and also see our parents, but our promotions are also important and we are actually going to be here practicing. There are a lot of fun things you can do with your family when you gather together for this time of year, such as ‘yut’ (a traditional Korean board game), (makes hand gestures suggesting ‘go stop’, a Korean card game), and you can even throw your shoe! (Then, really throws his shoe…).

Everyone: “Why are you throwing your shoe??

Gun: “There is a lot that you can do with your family. You can eat, you can play… us X-5 will be sure to have a good holiday, so we hope that all of you will too. Everyone, have a blessed New Year!

Allkpop