Heya

I know it's kinda vague, but I havent had time to properly watch dramas lately, and I see trailers for some on Netflix that I vaguely start and drop but I don't seem to find any charming, non-generic romance drama to dive in, could you help ?

I'd like to be recommended a show with a certain "warmth" to it, doesn't have to be super-production with perfect looking actors. Smart, human, funny, relatable writing and acting is what I'm looking for. I'm also not looking for a drama that is  over dramatic (lol) and make you end up crying on your pillow at 3am on ep 13.

Exemples of shows I found charming : 

• Jealousy Incarnate
  • Another miss Oh
  • Marriage not dating
  • 5-ji Kara 9-ji Made
  • Drinking Solo
  • Master's sun
  • Jimi ni Sugoi ! 

Help a sis ! thanks :) 🙏 

Ah this is such a cute question & explanation that it makes me want to watch/rewatch all of the dramas you listed. 

The most glaring recommendations that came to mind as soon as I saw this were the entirety of the Reply series (but especially 1997), An Incurable Case of Love & My Princess. There are tons of others that are super warm overall but have extremely sad moments within them, so I’m not sure that’s exactly what you’re looking for, but these little recs that have been listed are all just super warm, thoughtful & joyful. 

exactly what you want: positive, funny, not cliche, healthy relationships, good mood and good characters, shows that leave you really good mood and smile:

My First First Love 

Hit the Top 

Reply 1988 

Fight For My Way 

True Beauty 

Backstreet Rookie (all above are better but this one is funny and positive too, with Ji chang wook )

if you dont want modern:

Arsenal Military Academy  (it is serious drama, but ml is like no one, only him is enough for fun and positive for all week)

The Romance of Hua Rong 

these dramas have serious parts too, not only light positive, but overall really good and with funny parts, also really good dramas:

I Hear Your Voice 

Nine: Nine Times Time Travel 

High School King of Savvy 

Secret Garden  (old, cliche but very funny and great acting)

Hi guys , thanks a lot for your answers !

Indeed loved the Reply series as well, brilliant narration, sharp sense of humor, little elements that make it feel like it's lively and relatable... I might actually rewatch it pretty soon ! 

Loved Fight for My Way and Secret Garden (one of my most rewatched <3), never got too much into I Head Your Voice despise eye candy Lee Jong Suk  

From your recommendations I added My first first love, Koi wa tsuzuku yo doko made mo backstreet rookie (indeed Chang Wook is a good argument lol) and Put Your Head On My Shoulder but still open to more recs

I started Hit the top yesterday super cute 

• A Thousand Goodnights 
    (Very soothing  with stunning landscapes and a rather unusual story line)

• Encounter 
    (One of my favorite romance dramas. Not overly dramatic with very likable characters and a mature relationship)

• Le Coup de Foudre 
    (Nice story line and great relationships between characters)

• Thirty but Seventeen 
    (Feel good drama that puts a smile on your face)

• Touch your Heart 
    (I like the quirky female lead and the support characters, over all a light but full-filling watch)

Additional drama to check out:

• Lovely Us
  • Stepmother and Daughter Blues
  • Run On
  • 1% of Something 
  • Khun Chai puttipat

I am currently watching Niji-iro Karte, and this is the most heartwarming drama I have watched in a long time, and it gives me lots of laughs and tears! You might like to give it a try.

Czakhareina:
1% of Something 

which one?

Something About 1 Percent 

or

1% of Anything 

?

Oh wait, I thought of another one I always go to for this purpose: Glorious Day. Literally one of the best, most underrated family dramas ever, it is much longer than the ones previously recommended but it’s so lovely & warm & just satisfying to watch. 

A drama that has improved my mood and also my happy radar immensely is the just finished cdrama Vacation of love

It has multiple couples who are going through different problems during the chinese new year 2021 (very fitting for today/tomorrow). They all grow so much during that drama. It is such an absolute gem of a drama with such a deep meaning behind all the interactions and sweet romance scenes and family scenes.