Information about Theme Song does not exist on MDL... People are REALLY interested in all the sound tracks, usually. Questions about "which song played in episode xy, during xy minute" are endless. 

But, on the contrary, MDL does not list "Music" in general info about a drama AT ALL. It lists Director, Original Network, etc... Music should also be there! After all, don't all the reviews include rating for Music

We should have the information who did music for the drama. About the Opening Theme, Insert Theme, Closing Theme... That would be basic. And like I mentioned, people would kill for info about Featured songs sometimes;-)

11votes

Hmmm... So there IS already such suggetion... I searched in The List of Suggestions Please Read BEFORE You Open a New Suggestion! by Ceki and did not find it there... I wonder how many years this is going to take

I'm also still waiting for it :')

What I mean is there should also be Music in the GENERAL info.

We rate Acting/Cast, that is listed for each drama. We rate Story, drama has Screenwriter listed. We also rate Music, there should be Music listed just as well in between stuff like Native Title, Director, Genres, Tags. Drama usually has a music composer.

Another thing is Soundtracks I mentioned. Apart from Opening song, Insert song, End credits song... We could think of options how to link such information for each drama because that info is VERY seek for.

8392225:
We rate Acting/Cast, that is listed for each drama. We rate Story, drama has Screenwriter listed. We also rate Music, there should be Music listed just as well in between stuff like Native Title, Director, Genres, Tags. Drama usually has a music composer.

It is possible to add Composer, as well as Music Editor, in Crew roles already. 

Just go to Edit this Page > Crew on any Drama/Movie page on mdl, and add the info of the person. 

It's just that no one bothers to add this information for many dramas, in fact there are so many that don't even have the director and/or screenwriter listed. 

Remember, mdl's database is mostly created and maintained by us all, the users! So if something is missing and it really bothers you, and you know the information from somewhere else (so you can link the source), it would really help if you add it / edit it yourself(s)!! :)

It's the first time I'm hearing it.

I guess most of the people don't know it as I've never seen it listed on ONE single drama. And I'm not a person with 10 dramas on my profile:-)

ASTER:

isn't it the same  OST songs of a Drama / Movie 

Both are similar because you are also talking about detailed information of songs.  like 

go to link and check" Edit by Skye: and Hessa "

Estelll  partially is right

8392225:

I guess most of the people don't know it as I've never seen it listed on ONE single drama. And I'm not a person with 10 dramas on my profile:-)

go to any drama page >edit this page > crew > put any artist/person and their job

its comes under "job" list  

Yes some things  are available but Many things related to music are not available . A demand can be made to add it to this job list. But this will be the overall detail for the songs of a drama/movie. If you want to know about a certain/single song that is not available

Yeah I  got that the first time, ASTER. I just NEVER saw 1 drama having a Composer listed, that's all. And, as users, we usually come to the site to SEEK information, not provide it.

Nevertheless, I just voted on

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions/17413-ost-songs-of-a-drama-movie

which is I guess the most I can do from my end. Thank you all.

8392225:

I guess most of the people don't know it as I've never seen it listed on ONE single drama.

8392225:
I just NEVER saw 1 drama having a Composer listed, that's all.

Here are some examples of dramas that have the Composer added: 

The Untamed (2019) - Full Cast & Crew - MyDramaList 

Move to Heaven (2021) - Full Cast & Crew - MyDramaList 

Flower of Evil (2020) - Full Cast & Crew - MyDramaList 

Alchemy of Souls (2022) - Full Cast & Crew - MyDramaList 

Signal (2016) - Full Cast & Crew - MyDramaList 

8392225  is partially right  Because singer, lyricist And other music related details  is not in that job list

I thought that since this problem has already been suggested, so this problem should discuss there. that have more than 300 votes, discussion will get right direction. give your thoughts and votes there . OST songs of a Drama / Movie 

So, it's not on the first page? You need to go to Cast & Credits?  That should change. The Screenwriter is listed up front, why not the Composer? Or, there could be Music: Lin Hai (Composer), Chen Xue Ran (Composer). Something like that. This way music is practically hidden. NO info on the general page. 

What could be hidden somewhere is the information about all the songs featured in the drama. Because, that people are desperate to dig out:-) As you all mentioned, I hope that gets more than 300 votes. I gave 3 votes, come on people just 100 more of you LOL