KimWanHee

Love Sick: The Series Season 2
Oct 16, 2015
So just as a starter: If you liked season 1 of Love Sick for it's story and music and the cute and sweet moments as well as the comedy scenes, then season 2 will definitely be a good choice to watch.

Story: The story of season 2 finally resolves some of the issues and problems which came up in season 1. How exactly...that would be a spoiler ;D For me, season 2 read more seemed a little bit more mature and detailed than season 1. Also the producers finally decided to concentrate on the main couples and only show some scenes (for fun and entertainment) of other couples and storylines (still if you only like one couple or so, you're gonna end up skipping a lot).
Season 2, It goes a little bit away from the 'just romance' feeling and connects different elements of life with the romantic and friendship relationships between the characters. Nevertheless, season 2 is just as sweet as season 1.

Acting/Cast: The casting choice, I think, is perfect. The acting...maybe not so much. It is definitely better than season 1, especially in later half of season 2. You can see how the actors and actresses learned and became better at acting. So compliments to the cast :D

Music: I've never seen a show or real life, where the songs are sooo accurate to what someone is feeling...I love the music in Love Sick but sometimes I just have to laugh when I think about how they always seem to find a song which resembles their feelings exactly to the point o.O XD Still the music itself is great, catchy and suitable for the show.

Rewatch: Oh, I'm soooo gonna rewatch this!!! XD

So overall, if you get over a little bit of awkwardness and some annoying characters (I think there is no one who watched the show and didn't find at least one character they don't like) then I definitely recommend watching this. The story itself is definitely worth it!!!
Vampire Prosecutor 2
Jan 26, 2013
First I have to say, I liked this season as much as the first one, so someone who saw season 1 can watch the second one without getting disappointed...

The story is really good, you get to know more about their past and it's a good mix between action scenes and talking scenes...
also because of some new characters it gets more interesting^^

Cast:
Some new characters, good ones and bad read more ones, but still the beloved team of main leads...
...I'm happy they didn't change too many characters and I'm also content with the new ones.
The acting is really good and seems quite believeable and comprehensible...

The music in VP 2 is quite amazing. Not because there were great songs...it's because I didn't really notice the music but I know the added some to underline the scenes...so I'm happy with the background music and for everyone who loves it when there are good songs... 'Danger' is really good and I loved the song!

Rewatch:
Although it's such a great drama, I admit that I probably won't watch it again...mainly because I know the storyline now and I don't really want to rewatch such dramas where I know what happens exactly...it still got an 8 from me since some episodes/ scenes really need to be rewatched^^

Overall, I can say, I understand why it's such a popular drama (it's in the upper ranks at MDL) and I really want to see more of the Vampire Prosecutor and also his team^^

For everyone who isn't sure if he/she should watch this...the second season is better than the first one and offers some exciting and amazing episodes!
It's Okay, That's Love
Oct 8, 2015
Let's start with: This drama is not a must-watch drama...I can understand when some people really don't like it...BUT I do have to say, this drama is definitely a masterpiece.

Story: The story summary may sound kinda simple or typical at first. But the thing is...the story is quite different from what it shows. The story starts typical but quickly changes to something deeper. It shows so many elements and feelings and read more I think this makes the drama more...hm...realistic? It gives you sadness and joy in things people may actually really experience in real life...of course still with a hint of TVdrama ;D
The drama also has the perfect pace...I can't think of any scene where the story was too slow or too fast.

Acting/Cast: I don't really have anything to say for this...the acting was perfect, by the end I had totally forgotten that these people were actors and actresses. Also I think the producers got the perfect cast for the show. All of them really gave life to their character.

Music: This is one of the dramas where you really notice the music and without any hesitation I can say, I looked up nearly every song from the soundtrack because I love it so much XD

I don't know if I will rewatch the whole drama but I will definitely rewatch some episodes, just because it's so great and I love it so much.

Overall, I repeat myself, this drama is a masterpiece. It has a touching storyline, a perfect cast with convincing acting, incredible music, a nice atmosphere and with 16 episodes the perfect length!
King2Hearts
Jun 6, 2012
If you want to see a Kdrama which really deserves the name 'drama' then King 2 Hearts is definitely a good choice! King 2 Hearts is an amazing romance story, very different from rom-coms, with amazing chemistry, great music and an interesting story with drama, tragedy and joy.

Positive:
-Since I don't like dramas where every action lasts for some hours I'm very pleased with King2Hearts. Occurances and actions were held in read more a acceptable time and you could watch the drama without getting tired.
-The acting of the cast was absolutely great. Sometimes I did not like decisions which the characters made however the cast acted so well that I sometimes really forgot that they are just acting^^
-I really really liked the costumes and the props. Such things like the uniforms of the officers or of the royalty made the drama believeable and it also went well with the modern props
-The background music is absolutely amazing. The music supports to deliver the feelings of the persons even more and I had to cry and to laugh more than just a few times

Negative:
-For me it was quite difficult to distinguish between "an actor acting" and "an actors acts that his character acts" especially with Hang Ah (if you don't understand what I mean with this point please don't mind it)

Other:
- If you cry easily...get a pack of tissues ready because you are going to bawl your eyes out with all the crying
- The rewatch value is really high because I just re-watched it in 2015 and I really think this drama is still as good as the first time when you watch it again :D

- Overall: I think this drama is a MUSTWATCH!!!! Many may say that this is not true but I think it's not the same as many many others so its important to see something new^^
Also this is the perfect choice if you ever wanted to see an epic love story in a Kdrama because it's all about that, action scenes and drama.

(That's my first review so don't be too hard on me, please -_-)
City Hunter
Oct 21, 2012
I have to admit that I only watched this drama because of Lee Minho and in the end I don't regret watching it at all.

Story?
+ The story is interesting and exciting. I forget to go to sleep because I was curious what would happen next in the drama. The characters are interesting and even though some of them didn't do only good things I liked them...
- During the whole read more drama I hoped that some persons didn't die, well, in the end I still ended up crying but if I think about it, I think the ending makes the drama PERFECT although I didn't really LOVE it...

Acting/ Cast?
+ I can't say anything on this matter. Lee Minho and Park Min Young showed great acting skills, as well as the remaining cast...I also liked the acting of Kim Sang Joong very much. The emotions seemed real and I forgot that this was just a drama and they were acting...

Music?
- I don't think the music was as good as everyone says. There were some songs whcih I didn't like or scenes where I thought that the music didn't match with the actions...
+ The second ending song which was also used in some scenes was really good. I liked it and it was perfect for all the cliffhangers at the end of the episodes.

Rewatch?
Even though I think this drama is really good and I could always rewatch some scenes, I think that all those long and complicated conversations would be annoying if you already know what will happen.

Overall?
A great drama with good music, an amazing story and wonderful actors...I think this drama is a MUST-WATCH, at least if you like Lee Minho or any of the other actors...
The Bridal Mask
Oct 14, 2013
I watched Bridal Mask in three days and now I totally understand why everyone told me: Watch Bridal Mask!^^

Story
+ The story is really good and I loved the realtionships between the characters and the development of the story
+ Although I don't really like the ending, I admit it's one of the best endings I've ever seen (also there will be no problems with understanding what happened in the end^^) read more - I sat in front of my computer for hours crying T__T (so if you cry easily prepare some tissues)

Acting/Cast
+ Amazing acting skills. I liked watching every single person in this drama, since everyone's acting was really good (didn't matter who it was)
- The chemistry between the main leads was good...not amazing, since sometimes it was actually quite off, but that's not the fault of the acting but of the script (sorry writers)

Music
The music is really touching and also really likable...why it is only 9 points? Because I actually only remember one song...(and I watched the drama a week ago)

Rewatch:
Definitely not until the end of this year! The Bridal Mask is like a rollercoaster for my feelings and I doubt it will change even if I know what will happen...

OVERALL
I always wondered if Bridal Mask was really that good to get #3 at MDL. Well, it is definitely good and I think it's definitely worth a try (to watch it)^^

Note: If you have problems between differentiating some actors/ actresses you should leave Bridal Mask for later :) (In the beginning I had problems because of this T__T)
Faith
Oct 17, 2012
At first I didn't like to watch 'Faith' because I didn't thought it was a very good drama BUT in the end, I think, it was one of the best decisions I ever made concerning dramas.

What I liked:
- The acting is amazing. The actors and actresses convince the audience with believeable and touching characters and I often forgot that they were acting.
- The costumes, the rooms, the surroundings, the read more whole appearance of the drama is unbelievable. Even though some of the uniforms seemed to be made of plastic than of leather, I liked the probs and I think it was made with much effort
- The music of the drama supports the storyline perfectly.
- The story is going very smoothly. If you don't like what happens in the first half of an episode than you only have to wait for the second and it changes. Still the story and the actions aren't too quickly.
- The main lead (Yoo Eun Soo/ Kim Hee Sun wasn't just a weak person. She proves that she is strong too.

What I didn't like:
- Some situations reappear in the drama. So something which happened already, happens a second time (If I say more it would be a spoiler)
- Sometimes they characters seemed to make the same mistakes again and again, so they didn't learn anything.
- THE OVERALL PROBLEM of the drama was repetition!!!

Normally I have problems with such dramas since they get boring halfway but this was one of the first dramas I watched without a break (even though I have to wait for the last four episodes^^)...so concerning historical dramas, I think, this is a MUST-WATCH!
Dream
Sep 25, 2013
I absolutely don't regret watching Dream. It was one of the best dramas I ever watched^^ The topic follow-your-dream may be quite a cliche but still the drama is amazing, and I watched in in less than 2 days!

Story 8/10
The story starts very slow but paces up really really quickly...I was hooked in episode 3 (which is less than with some better ranked dramas on MDL) and then I couldn't read more stop watching...
I loved the characters and the development of the story...it's definitely the best drama I ever saw about achieving your dream...

Cast 10/10
Although I thought I would only like Kim Bum, I loved the whole cast!! They all worked so well together and I could really feel with them...sometimes, I admit, I wished for more reactions, but it's not that often...

Music 10/10
I LOVED the music! It was in the right scenes and I couldn't get enough of it!!! Especially SHINee - Countdown was great (and somehow a little bit different from the usual main songs of OSTs^^)

Review 9/10
Oh, I'm definitely going to rewatch this. First drama ever to really earn the 9 points for it (I actually don't know if I ever gave 9 points...).

Overall 10/10

Note: With this drama you're going to cry, laugh and then tremble of excitement^^ at least I did :D
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
Aug 31, 2012
I watched this drama some weeks ago (the second time). I don't remember why I watched it in the first place but I don't regret watching it even a little bit.

Positive:
- The story had some new elements like the character of the Gumiho and the bead.
- I liked that the main characters were not mean or strong all the time (both of the main roles had their soft moments) read more - I liked that the story was going smoothly and that there weren't any long term actions (something which troubles you for like three episodes)
- The music/ the props and the surroundings matched very well with the story and except for some effects everything was held simple. So the story seemed more realistic and funnier.

Negative:
- Sometimes the acting seemed quite exaggerated
- It follows the typical 'main roles in love but also some people who don't want them to get together' (if I say more it's a spoiler)
- I didn't get some points at the end (but that's more of my personal problem)

I think that the drama isn't a must-watch but you could at least try watching it because I think it is something you should know of.
I also recommend rewatching it, since, I think, the story remains quite interesting and funny even though you know how it ends.
The Gifted Hands
Sep 23, 2013
Although I had no expectations for this movie because I had no idea if it would be good or not, in the end I was totally amazed...

Story: The story starts quite slow and maybe a little bit uninteresting...but quickly it gets better and faster and also more interesting and exciting...^^definitely an amazing story!!
(Although I'm only like 90% happy with the ending :/)

The Cast: ...was simply amazing!!! I've rarely seen read more such good acting...with some of the cast I already knew they were good, but in this movie they were even better^^ also I loved the relationships between all the characters of the movie...

Music: I...didn't really realize any music...well, the typical soundtrack every movie has...but it wasn't bad except for some scenes where it seems like they forgot to put some background sounds...

Rewatch: YES! Definitely...but not during the next two/three months (?)

Overall:
I think this movie has all the points which are important to be really good: Great story, amazing actors and a wonderful character design...

And with The Gifted Hands you definitely get that! :)
So 10 points out of 10!
EXO Next Door
May 28, 2015
Why you should watch this? Because...
...you are an EXO fan (this goes from official EXO-L to I-just-like-them-fan)
...you like spring-like fluffy and happy dramas
...you like it when there is not too much drama and when it's fast-paced
...you like cheesy and giggly love stories combined with cringe-worthy (in a positive way) humor ;D
If you are positive of ONE OR MORE of these reasons, then I definitely recommend this drama. read more What I like about EXO Next Door?
- it's kinda fluffy and has its own flavor (?) or own charme...
- It's EXO...so the "star-factor" is actually believeable XO
- The humor is really easy to understand and funny to watch
- Fast-paced!!!! (Well, the episodes are 15 minutes, what did we expect?)
- Some drama scenarios but it's kept in like a 10 minute time-frame
- It looks nice (and no, I don't mean "ooh look at the handsome...", I mean it has nice colors and a nice atmosphere
- (maybe surprisingly) there is (imo) good chemistry between the male lead and female lead
- funniest friendship ever!
- satisfying end
- good mix and alternation between drama-comedy-love story
- (almost) typical characters with cheesy lines and corny actions put together in an amazingly great way. Whoever wrote the script actually made it work out quite well.

What I dislike about EXO Next Door?
- sometimes too short (I would watch it even if it was 60 minutes per episode, seriously!)
- serious second lead syndrome!!! (says someone who loves first leads...but in the end I cheered for the 1st lead XP)
- Sometimes the humor may be too much or too over-the-top for some people
- for someone who seriously dislikes EXO, don't watch it. You can watch it even if you are no fan of them but not if you dislike them...
- some cringe-worthy acting (this time in a negative way)
- there was this one song the played again and again and again...and I can't hear it anymore...it's literally hurting to hear it after 16 episodes and all those weeks!!! (except for the repetition, the music was really good)

So, for the end note of my review: I soooo hope they make something like a season 2 one day, because I already miss watching it. EXO Next Door is definitely no must-watch drama and no rival to one of the 40 minute-episode dramas BUT I really think it has its own charme which makes it unique and I don't think there is any other drama like this out there...The main advice is the same as with (almost) every other drama: Watch the first 3 episodes, then decide...at least here that's only 45 minutes XD
Strong Woman Do Bong Soon
This drama is full of serious moments which turn into comedy while the overall drama turns from comedy into something (mostly) serious. I started watching it and I completely understand why some people really really hate it. It's different from other dramas, especially in the beginning. Don't worry, later on it takes more characteristics of a normal drama.

Prepare to get your typical drama clichées and moments...BUT there will always be read more a turn on it that takes the comical route. Seriously, this drama doesn't take itself very seriously (in the beginning).
What makes this drama different is: in other dramas there are many storylines working to problem and one resolution in the end, in SWDBS there is more than one main story and not all of them have the purpose to end at the finale but some of them are resolved right in the middle. I loved that. It seemed more real and kept the story fresh.
Also you will get A LOT of witty conversations and funny comebacks. It's just really funny, even if you can guess (some) of the outcomes. Also the characters are really interesting and enjoyable.
I do admit, that I didn't like Bong Soon all the time. Sometimes she was really annoying but that's not for the actress but the character. And the acting behind the character was really believable.

Acting/Cast:
I really really really have to compliment this cast. The cast was chosen perfectly, the characters were written amazingly. After this drama I really know what it means to act with your eyes. Seriously, I think like 70% of the acting was facial reactions. And not just the sad or touching parts but also the comedic acting was done perfectly. The lines were delivered perfectly and I really liked it. Compliments to HyungSik also, I didn't realise he was such a great actor.

Appropriate for the drama but I wasn't really into looking up the songs, I admit.

Rewatch:
I tend to only rewatch very few dramas...SWDBS...maybe one day. I'm not against it but I'll probably only rewatch specific scenes.

Overall:
A comedic drama with some genres which you'd never expect in a comedy. Get used to being totally confused over what's happening but enjoying it wholeheartedly. Also a plus point? I think SWDBS is a great and recommendable drama but you probably won't get into a drama slump afterwards. So nice not being depressed for once after watching a good drama ^.^
The K2
The plot description for The K2 is pretty much the most superficial you can say about this show. With this one, so many people seem to be disappointed by it...me...well, not so much. I liked it but I understand that it's not a show for everyone.

Story.
Story-wise...well, The K2 is complicated. Not easy complicated/dramatic like other dramas but there are so many plot twists and storylines that you will think the read more writers wrote every possible scenario for the show on a board and decided to include as many as possible. For me that was interesting because it wasn't about the same thing over and over. And let me assure you, most of the plotlines get an explanation at the end even if it may not seem so in the middle of the drama. This was definitely one of the few dramas, where I wasn't left unsatisfied at the end.

Acting/Cast.
Compliments to the whole cast especially all the leads. Their acting is so amazing that I totally forgot they were actors and didn't actually hate or despise each other in real life. Great job!!!
Here I also wanna talk about the characters...ha, I've never suffered from second lead syndrome...in this one though, I did for the first time. I also questioned my own morals, but you will probably get what I mean when you watch it yourself. This drama makes you question who to cheer for.

Music.
I speak German fluently so I noticed some dramatic choir songs with German lyrics in the background. Also there was this ending song. That's pretty much everything I remember for music. The K2 offers a lot of background sounds and songs which don't really count as a soundtrack and like 2 other songs which may be amazing but they are used...like 2 times in episodes and for the ending?

Rewatch?
The question mark is on purpose. I really enjoyed this drama. Dramatic enough to get hooked on it but not epic enough to fall into a drama slump after. Still, after watching I know I probably won't watch it again anytime soon. I know the story, I finished the ending and somehow I'm totally satisfied with that.

Overall.
Overall, The K2 is a drama for people who like soap operas with their drama / cool action scenes / good guys gone bad and the other way around or who like it dramatic. The K2 is NOT for people who just like action scenes, who are against people going crazy for love or who want to watch something fluffy and nice.

I hope I could help :D
Make It Right: The Series
Aug 12, 2016
Leave it to Thailand to make some of the best youth LGBT series. Seriously, I have not seen better shows about LGBT from somewhere else ever...

Make It Right's story is definitely not new for (Thai) LGBT shows, but I don't wanna go into what the story is about and how it develops. I just want to mention what I found interesting or new for the genre/series like these
- the read more dynamic between the characters. You could clearly recognize the more active partner in the relationships (e.g. the one who chases after the other) which I found was a nice change from the "who's more active" guessing.
- there is like no (!) focus on the background at all. Here and there you'll get some hints, like someone being rich or someone's parents making a short appearance but otherwise everything stayed in the background and was really just there to support the story development.
- There are three main couples. The first and main one is cute and nice and has a steady development. Their development just stops a little bit when the series decides to focus on the others for a few episodes. The second couple, which is actually my favourite, is between the class leader and a playboy. They had an interesting beginning and you couldn't be sure what would happen next or how they would react to some things. They were just...freaking adorable!!! Here the problem was, that compared to the 2nd couple the problems and misunderstanding between the main couple seemed quite baseless and childish which kind of made me love the 2nd one better that the main one. The third couple also has a nice dynamic and was cute and interesting. They had some funny scenes with each other.

Cast/Acting:
The acting in the beginning was awkward to say the least. Maybe because you don't know the characters yet maybe because it was the first episode, I don't know, but it gets better (and not just because you get used to it). Big compliments to the guy who played Frame...I think he was the best of them all.
What I also have to mention: The chemistry is good. They seemed to be comfortable with each other which is important for a good romance.

Even though they reused their title song quite often I wasn't annoyed by it. In general a good choice of songs, although just two songs stayed in my mind.

Rewatch:
Definitely. They are all just too adorable.

So, overall, I definitely recommend MIR to everyone who watched shows like Love Sick and also everyone else who wants to see a nice series about some couples falling in love and facing some problems while getting to know each other.
Seriously the biggest citic I can find on MIR: Too much and too obvious advertising...
Love Rain
Jun 7, 2012
Why I watched this drama?
I saw that the drama was new and I really like Jang Geun Seok. Due to the good comments and marks for the drama I thought it would be good to watch it (at least the beginning)

After I watched the first/ second episode?
I stopped to watch the drama because I thought it was boring since you already know what will happen between the parents when read more you read the plot.

Why I continued?
Like I said I like the actor Jang Geun Seok and I hoped that the drama would get better...

In the end?
It's amazing. After the first two/ three episodes I really fell in love with the drama and thee characters.

-The cast acts really good. Sometimes you could see that its really only acting but that's not very often
-I really like how they managed two change the looks of the two main leads. And also the difference between the years
-The former main characters appear again (that's not a spoiler since its written in the cast)
-The story may seem familiar etc. but in the end this drama gives a whole new feeling than some others which seem similar

-The beginning of the second romance seemed quite rapid
-The episodes of the first romance could have been a little bit shorter (since you know what will happen after reading the plot)

RESULT: I don't think this drama is a must-watch but I think its a great drama and I recommend watching it

Buried under books ~~