Healer

akinahana89
Feb 25, 2015
Perfection. That is the only word I can use to describe the absolute treasure that was Healer.

Funnily enough, I almost passed by this drama and, had I not been practically forced to push the play button, I would have missed out on the best drama I've seen in my twelve years of drama watching experience. Even the fact that this is my first drama review on MDL shows how highly I think of this drama and how strongly I feel that the overall rating of #2 and popularity of #1 is completely well deserved. Healer has become my top favorite drama, dethroning my previous favorite, which had held onto the top spot for the last seven years. That's the power of Healer.

If strong characters all around, both male and female, are your thing, watch it. If a solid love line without stupid, nonsensical love triangles and noble idiocy break ups are your thing, watch it. If you enjoy a good action, romance, political, and gripping-the-edge-of-your-seat-intense drama, then this is definitely, definitely for you. Watch it.

The acting by the ENTIRE cast is flawless. The OST is amazing and so well suited to each scene that its played in. Healer will make you experience the widest range of emotions throughout its 20 episodes and you'll still feel like you didn't get enough. Heartwarming, touching, beautiful, intriguing, heartbreaking, action-packed, downright hilarious, and so perfect! That's Healer.

In fact, I don't think there are enough words in the world to describe Healer and the effect it has on me and this is coming from a writer. The plot was solid, the pacing was perfectly balanced while never slow, and the characters were so natural and realistic. I walked into this drama unfamiliar with the cast and walked away a fan of all three leads and then some.

If you've ever fallen so in love with someone or something to the point where your heart hurts and throbs with the pain of overwhelming emotions, then you'll understand what Healer has done to me. But, quite frankly, it would hurt more to never experience this drama than to deal with the withdrawal of a perfect in every aspect drama.

Chibiface22
Feb 19, 2015
I am absolutely in love. Literally. It is the best I've seen since...ever... I think actually. This drama will forever hold a place in my most memorable and favorite dramas. I really hope you watch Healer and enjoy it as much as I did.

It's comedic, suspenseful, romantic (wonderfully), full of action (and awesome fight scenes), character development, and deep/heavy/intricate plot lines.

I usually write a review by covering each of the topics I am to rate (e.g. Story, Acting/Cast, Music, etc.), but I feel this drama deserves something more unique. A list of the first things that come to mind when I think of Healer or recommending it to others.

1. Whatever you do don't let this be your first drama.
It can be your second or forty fifth, but don't ruin every other drama by making it your first. It would be like listening to your favorite song for the first time and then only being allowed to listen to "It's a small world" for the rest of your life. (Okay thats a bit of an exaggeration but think of it this way): You won't be able to truly appreciate how wonderful this drama unless you have something to compare it to, and any drama you watch afterwards will fall short of expectations.

2. Whatever you do watch it.
If you have to wait, wait. It's completely worth it. It's ratings are proof of its beauty. I mean its the first drama to break the 9.0, "1 liter of tears" since probably 2006, and the only drama currently in the top 5 (while being surrounded by movies).

3. Relationship goals.
It will become a desire, envy, need, and dream to find a love as wonderful as theirs.
Every time I find a relationship I fall in love with or adore I find certain aspects of that relationship that I want or aspire to, it's kinda like piecing together your dream significant other, but the relationship part instead of the person and what color eyes they'll have.
Healer's aspects: The way they subconsciously recognized each other. The way they looked at each other. How they craved the others' touch. The way they acted like a real couple when they hugged, kissed, and touched each other. The way they spoke to each other. The way you could see how they felt and treasured each other. The reassurance and peace they had when they were together. These are the aspects I personally dream of in a relationship. ( I apologize for gushing, but you'll understand after you watch it).
AKA: the chemistry and acting are A+

4. Plot.
Besides extremely lovable characters, the interconnected relationship and plot lines made me obsess over watching the next episode. I woke up early to get an episode in before school... it was too good to watch while sleep deprived, which brings up point 5..

5. Don't marathon it over night.
The story is basically a drug, it will infest your mind and make you want to marathon the show in 24 hours. Don't let it. Take your time, savor every episode, because it will be over way too quickly.
Imagine your on a diet and your not allowed to eat your favorite food of all time. Now imagine your allowed to eat that food only once (for the last time), don't ruin it by shoveling huge bites into your mouth. Relish every spoonful, forkful, (heck, chopstick-ful) while watching your favorite show, or looking out at a beautiful (your favorite) view. Eat at a leisurely pace: not finishing it in seconds and not putting half into the fridge to save it while slowly letting it go old.
Start, don't rush, savor, enjoy, (possibly cry here or there), finish, and then cry (probably again) because there's nothing left to watch, (then pray your hardest that a drama just as wonderful will air soon), and then (probably) watch it again.

6. There are flaws.
There are probably a ton of flaws in this show, but they are so insignificant that you can't pinpoint them, or they just don't matter to you, because you love even Healer's flaws.

One thing to note: I take rating and reviewing very seriously, because I rely on ratings very heavily as an avid drama fan/watcher. Please don't see my 10/10 rating and just think, "oh it's one of those people who just rate anything they like a 10/10", because that is not the case. My 10 just shows how high I treasure and enjoyed this drama, and I hope you will too.

P.S. sorry for the length, I hope it was helpful :)

palak
Mar 6, 2015
I actually started this drama when it first began airing but at that time I was distracted by other dramas (mostly Pinocchio) and gave up on it after watching only half of first episode. I picked it up again after a couple of months. 14 episodes were out by then and I remember dramathoning the whole thing in two days straight. This drama is seriously addictive and edgy. The plot is fantastically written and every ending makes you want more. And apart from the amazing action and thriller sequences, this drama has a great romance. There are no second leads annoying you but there are those terribly sweet jealousy moments. I love mysterious sexy male leads who turn clingy and cute. I can't believe the ratings for this drama weren't sky-rocketing in Korea. I really don't understand Korean preferences. They watch makjang shows one after the other but when gems like Healer turn up, they switch the channel.

Coming to characters, Healer. God I love healer. I love how he's jumping around buildings and coming up with these exciting plans. I love what he does for a living and I love his little high-tech shack. I love that he's a loner. I've only watched Ji Chang Wook in Empress Ki other than this drama but I must say he is always a delight to watch.

Park Min Young. I must admit that the only reason I ever hesitated to watch this drama, it was because of Park Min Young. I've watched many of her dramas and I've generally not cared much for her roles. But it was Kim Nana in City Hunter that ticked me off. God I hate Nana. She's a bodyguard who needs a bunch of bodyguards. In fact, I think it would be better if someone locked her up somewhere far, far away until everyone's done with whatever they're trying to do. She seriously messes things up and then goes around acting cute about it. So, yeah, basically I was weary that Park Min Young is going to play a role like Nana here. But I guess 2015 is the year of Reinvention for Korean actresses (with Park Shin Hye also winning hearts for her performance in Pinocchio). Park Min Young not only did a wonderful job in this drama, her character Cha Yeong Shin was a delight to watch. There were a few times in this drama where I held my breath because I was afraid that Yeong Shin would make a terrible choice that would create a havoc and make me hate her. But she was so awesome at those points that it really made me love her character overall.

The rest of the cast was great too. My favorites were definitely ajjumma and Yeong Shin's family (her dad and the rest of the criminal staff). I really held my breath there towards the end when I had a feeling Ajjumma is going to die. My Eun Shi Kyung feels were returning to me, I was all set to cry. I'll never forget that moment of relief when I realized she will escape. Thank you writers for not killing her off. I wish they had shown an emotional reunion of mother and daughter though. The ending was just a little rushed. Or maybe it's just me never wanting Healer to end. lol.

The music was great. I have the whole album on my phone. My personal favorites are Eternal Love and When You Hold Me Tight. I like that song by Ji Chang Wook too, although I've only heard it a few times.

Overall it's a masterpiece and even though the ratings in Korea weren't all that great I'm so glad it's getting it's due on MDL (9.2 avg yay!) and other internet portals. It's doing well in China too, with Ji Chang Wook being one of the most searched Korean actors there these days. I guess a good story would always find it's worth one way or the other.

zumzummara
Feb 11, 2015
I'll start my review with this: <3<3<3<3<<3<3<3<<3<3<3<3<3!

Ok, let's go now: Healer is the best drama I have watched in my two years of watching dramas. I am absolutely speechless, actually I have so much to say and I don't know where should I begin. I'm not biased or something like that because I started this drama out of pure curiosity, I didn't even know JCW and YJT existed(shame on me, stupid girl) and I wasn't fond of PMY's acting. However, the three of them did such a good job portraying their characters and overwhelmed me completely. JCW became my first favorite actor because his acting is simply brilliant, I've never seen a Korean actor before him who's able to portray emotions so perfectly, switching constantly (He played Healer and geek Park Bong Soo). His eyes are expressing every single one of his feelings, I just focus on his eyes and I can read his mind, just perfect. PMY also surprised me (like I said she didn't make impact on me with her acting before) but she was so amazing here, her character Chae Yong Shin suited her so well that it is unbelievable, her chemistry with JCW is something you can't see every day, they are the best couple I've seen in dramas, maybe even in shows generally. That love in Healer was portrayed so beautifully, so intense, so perfect!! Every their interaction made my heart skip a beat, they don't even have to touch, their looking at each other tells you everything! And when they touch I feel like going insane, I've never felt that way before watching some couple in a drama. but this couple is something else. Also, other actors like Do Ji Won who played CYS's mum Myung Hee, Park Sang Won as Kim Moon Shik etc did an awesome job too! Every single character in this drama was portrayed so good, even the ''bad ones'' like Kim Moon Shik and his secretary were interesting to watch because they are not the usual drama-like bad characters who ruin everything, they had their own characteristics which they are known for like every human being, so they were also intriguing. Everything in this drama was done so perfectly I can't even explain it here properly, even If I used so many words.. Plot done by a perfect writer Song Ji Na, acting, OST.. If you haven't seen this drama believe me and start right now, you won't regret it, you'll actually be thankful to God and me, and other people who recommend it. :)

Bodea
Feb 12, 2015
As an American, I watch way more Asian dramas than I do anything else. I find I enjoy even the worst ones more than I do most American shows. Every so often, a drama like Healer comes along and just does everything to perfection, reminding me why I started down this road to begin with.

Healer has everything - a perfect OST, an epic OTP, an amazing cast, and a script that keeps you invested from start to finish. I found myself falling more and more in love with this show after each episode. The battle between good and bad/ right and wrong just grabs you and makes you want to root for the guys fighting to make sure truth prevails.

The acting is top notch. It's adorable, sincere, cool - everything you need to fully invest in the story. The music is beautiful. The synopsis really doesn't do this story justice. You might think that watching a story about reporters would be extremely boring, but Healer is anything but. It's a great mix of action, romance, and mystery. If you only watch one kdrama this year, it should be this one.

BubKat
Apr 3, 2015
My alltime favorite drama was City Hunter until I saw Healer. Great plotline with unexpected twists and turns that keep you interested and on your toes, Great chemistry in the romance sector, awesome action scenes that made me sad when they were over, fitting music that made it even more magical... This drama made me an emotional sobbing wreck at points and at other I was squealing in happiness (yes I actually was squealing, no there wasn't anybody else in the room), at other points I was holding my stomach with tears running down my face from laughing so hard. I love this drama so much & the only negative points are that after watching it 1. you have end of drama depression 2. you can't be satisfied by watching a different drama bc it just does't measure up 3. you realize that your life is uninteresting and find yourself fighting imaginary enemies and being Healer and then being embarrassed when you realize what you were just doing

Ugly Duckling
Mar 10, 2015
STORY:
Okay i really love these kind of dramas with such amazing cast! I for YEARS tried to find some drama with action/spy AND powerful romance! The romance is very innocent, passionate and deep so if u want to see very deep emotional moments go for it! The action scenes were done also very good and kept the drama in a good flow. For me i did marathon and i NEVER found any moment boring. I know everyone has different opinion but this was....really wonderful. After year and half i finally watched drama guys and i enjoyed it so so much! The plot is very interesting and i never saw such plot so this was something very new and fresh! Keeps ur mind busy and trust me...you will lose your sleep XD

ACTING:
Okay I watched dramas with JCHW before and i knew he had talent but this like...smacked me straight in head and woke me up! I can tell he is a top actor and i don't care what others say. He seemed like he was really the character he was playing. From the first ep his face started to change with emotions..Nothing was too much and nothing was missing. It was perfect! Main lead girl is also great actor and i know her and i can tell this is her best role. I love that in this drama she is also the brave girl who will stand in front and fight for justice ^^

MUSIC:
Honestly the main song '' Eternal Love'' is downloaded on my phone and i listen to it all over again. It's too good. And did u read the lyrics? No? Okay than go and do it! It's so sweet and so real and it fits the main couple!

REWATCH VALUE :
To tell you the truth i started to watch it all over again right now XD It's too good to just watch it once...So right now i'm going at it once again! ^^

This drama is filled with emotions so enjoy it and give it a try i can tell u..that you WON'T regret it :)

alienshore7
Feb 12, 2015
Why do I love Kdramas? Why do I watch so many Kdramas and so little American TV? To answer that question one need look no further than Healer. Healer may not be the best show I've ever seen, and it's not even the best Korean tv show I've seen. BUT it is the epitome of a KDRAMA. What do I mean by that?

1. Romance: It has one of the best OTPs of all time, in terms of chemistry, character, story, hotness, AND did I say CHEMISTRY? I think Healer set some kind of record for skinship and hot kisses for a major network Kdrama.

2. Action: Sure not all Kdramas have action scenes - but really good ones do! And they are a common feature of Kdramas. And when they are done well, they add so much excitement and fun to the show. Healer has really good fight scenes.

3. Acting: I would put Korean actors up against Hollywood ones any day and this cast was fantastic from top to bottom.

4. Kdrama Trope Soup - Healer has it all: mysterious vigilante hero, childhood traumas, powerful evil organizations, birth secrets, conspiracies, corruption, twisty plans, murders, orphans, weirdly specific illnesses/psychological issues that act as plot devices, quirky co-workers, and an OTP that was destined to be since childhood. (I'm sure I've missed a bunch.)

5. Hotness: A beautiful lead actress and a smoking hot leading man.

6. Directing: Lots of Kdramas have subpar directing, but I've noticed that on average their directing is much better than most other foreign fare. Healer had very good directing!

So when I say that Healer is not the best Korean show I've ever seen but it is the best Kdrama I've seen, that's exactly what I mean. Healer takes all of the things that make a Kdrama a Kdrama and then puts them together better than anyone else. It does this without any of the failings that so many less stellar Kdramas have:

1. plots that start good and then become redundant to fill time or unravel towards the end,
2. noble idiocy / characters that don't tell each other the truth when that would solve all their problems just to keep the plot moving,
3. poorly thought out plots where the writer puts herself in a corner and cannot get out without the writing going to crap,
4. poor OTP chemistry,
5. annoying characters that make you want to strangle them (especially when they are the female lead),
6. mediocre acting,
7. sketchy directing, and
8. crappy endings (by that I mean endings that don't actually end anything!!!!!!!!!)

The best thing about Healer is the OTP and their to-die-for, smoking hot chemistry (and the fact that they are genuinely awesome characters both together AND on their own). But the second best (and rarer) thing that makes Healer so special is that the writer really thought it out from beginning to end. There are hints and clues all over and nothing is wasted (no guns are left unfired, for all you Chekhov fans). The writer is not lazy or gratuitous or wasteful or redundant. Everything that is there is needed. I am, of course, not the least bit surprised since she wrote one of the best Kdramas of all time, Story of a Man, and one that I have not seen that is also considered one of the best of all time, Sandglass. (She's written some crap too, but I think her good outweighs her bad.) So, props to the awesome Song Ji Na!

The only reason I gave it a 9.5 and not a 10 is that the ending, while satisfactory was a bit rushed. And I felt just a twinge betrayed since the writer had paced it out so well for 19 episodes and then got a bit rushy at the end. However, if I could give it a 9.8 I would.

Anyhow, I normally only write reviews of less popular dramas, and I know that Healer has a huge online following so it is definitely not in that category. But I still had to get my two cents in because it's just that great! And if you haven't seen it, and you still need convincing: didn't I mention the historic levels of skinship and hot kisses?!

purplenette
Feb 11, 2015
There are many reasons to enjoy Healer. The story isn't new or epic, but it is written better than most dramas. It has the perfect combination of action, angst, romance, laughter, etc. The acting and directing were also fantastic. My main reason for giving this drama a 10 is the chemistry between the actors and the romance. I love dramas that once the leads fall for each other then it stays that way. There are so many reviews already for this drama that I'm going to keep mine short.

The acting was top notch. Ji Change Wook, Park Min Young, and Yoo Ji Tae were daebak as Seo Jang Hoo, Chae Yeong Shin, Kim Moon Ho respectively. There is so much I can say about their chemistry and acting abilities, but I'm going to concentrate on the supporting cast. I have always liked veteran actress Kim Mi Kyung. She killed it as hacker extraordinaire, Jo Min Ja. I loved her quirky character. Also, Jeong Gyoo Soo was scary and creepy as Kim Moon Shik's assistant. That hand covered smirk made me want to beat the crap out of him myself. For such a minor role, he made me hate him the most. All of the actors are good.

The music is really good. I have a lot of it on my play list already.

I will probably rewatch this at some point.

I highly recommend this drama.

ParkChohwa
Mar 19, 2015
What a wonderful journey! 20 hours of complete bliss, fascination, love, loyalty, freedom, friendship and brilliancy. Cliff hangers at the end of each episode and surprising events. Admirable writing and capital production. No loose ends and no let’s-squeeze-this or fill-in-that.

Healer might sound like a typical justice-prevails story where the good guys go through troubles but win at the end and the bad guys get their punishment; with a super hero jumping across roofs and defeating bunches of guys at the same time. Well that’s true, if you want to think of it that way. But strangely, no matter how ordinary and overused the plot might sound, it’s portrayed perfectly. Genuineness is not only about new ideas but new and fresh portrayals of the already tackled ideas.

Of course acting is superb. Every one did a wonderful job. What impressed me the most was the younger selves of the 5 friends! How could they find people who look so much alike and with such skills? Every time one of them would be on screen I’d simply stare.

The chemistry between the leads and the supporting actors was evident. Everyone seemed comfortable and well-aware of their roles. No one covering for the lack of skills for another.
Not a dull moment. No taking your eyes away. Especially the moments of Healer and Young Shin AND Moon Ho’s emotional outbursts. Moon Ho for me was the best thing about the drama and I officially fell in love with him.

The new Park Min Young was groundbreaking in every single aspect.

As for themes; I loved how they tackled the concept of family in its different aspects and probabilities; in a touching way. How money and authority can change people. How much freedom of opinion are we practically allowed?! Can people actually change each other and help them become better people? Are dreams definite sources or can they be changeable? And the most urging and universal question; does justice ultimately prevail?

wildheart23
Jul 25, 2015
This is my first time to give a perfect 10 rating because I believe that this drama deserves no less.

STORY - Score: 10 out of 10: Healer is a delightful treat to those who are looking for Romance, Action, Comedy, Drama and Thriller. It has the perfect mix of each genre with just the right amount of sweetness, spice and everything nice. The first episode did not come out strong as I expected but as the story progressed and the characters are built, the thrill heightened and everything stayed on top. No dull scenes.

It is certainly one of the dramas that made my heart skipped a beat. But the best scenes are always the romantic ones. The drama went on with its plot without leaving the romance behind. I love how Healer could get cuddly whenever he's with Chae Yeong Shin. Definitely, the sweetest male lead ever! And the kissing scenes are always epic. They made me melt. (I can't believe that I am still able to write a review with my wobbly fingers)

CASTS - Score: 10 out of 10: : I will not take the actors' looks into consideration for this category, because if I do, Chang-wook will definitely sway my preference and I don't want to be biased *wink*

I do not know a lot of Korean actors/ actresses but I have watched a few Kdramas. Among those who I have watched acting so far, none could have done a better job than Ji Chang-wook and Park Min-young. With the obvious chemistry that almost burned out my screen, these two are one of the perfectly paired couple in the history of Kdrama. Chang-wook on the other hand is so good with action and drama that he could dominate those categories with ease. I particularly liked his athletic moves when he's portraying the character of Healer and his cute and boyish character when he's portraying Park Bong-Soo. As always, Min-young played her role with no difficulty (or at least the way I've seen it). It's like she's was just playing in the set and letting her inner beautiful self shine through.

Even the supporting roles and minor characters deserved to be commended. They all helped together to make this drama a great show.

MUSIC: I honestly never thought of giving the music a 10 score. But after watching half of the series, I found myself singing along with the OST.

REWATCH VALUE 10/10: Again, I don't do rewatch. This is the only kdrama that had me abused the repeat button. The scenes never stopped playing in my mind a million times since I started watching it.

HATE: The only thing I truly hate about this drama is it only has 20 episodes. I am not really satisfied. I want this to have at least a hundred because I love it so much that it's quite hard for me to end it right now (that's too much too ask right? So I guess that should not affect my 10 out of 10 rating)

LOVE: This goes on top of my list, surpassing all the Kdramas I have watched before. And definitely, I have the Healer fever. Ji Chang-wook also goes on top of the list of actors I am crushing on. Awww

doritonim
Mar 1, 2015
I actually happened upon this show on accident. Dramafever was glitching out on me, and instead of playing the next episode of Warrior Baek Dong Soo (great historical drama by the way) it played the first episode of Healer. Man, did I get sucked in. After finishing the first episode I had to force myself to finish WBDS before eagerly starting the second episode.

Now, before you get all judgey judgey with me and skip this review because I gave it all 10's, you should finish reading my review :) I don't just toss out 10's whenever a drama slightly moves me. Although I may not be that much of an experienced watcher, my personality in general is just very picky. Therefore, no I did not just randomly decide to be nice and give all 10's on a whim. This drama is truly amazing. KBS, you deserve a pat on the back. I think just by looking at the ranking of this drama, it's safe to say it's one of the best dramas of the past decade. Hell, it even broke the 9.0 mark. Kudos to all the writers, actors, PD, etc etc who made this amazing drama happen.

I actually found the story to be quite intriguing. It starts off as just a story about a night courier and people he's somehow connected to, but it branches out. You would think that the entire drama would just be about Healer and his love life with the female lead, but no. The supporting cast got just as good of a story. There was the main storyline, and then there was the story about the previous generation that was slowly unveiled throughout the series. The one fatal weakness of writers these days, is one way or another there are always parts that drag on. But not with this one. This drama always keeps you on your toes, and problems are never left open and unsolved. I find that a lot of writers tend to forget about the problems they created early on, and then towards the end of the drama they go "Oh right! Better write that one back in. Darn, should've used that for the middle episodes." Thus, the dragging middles and the rushed endings. So, if you're worried about it dragging, don't even fret my friend. KBS got yo back.

The cast was PER. FECT. EVERYONE was amazing, not even joking. A good writer can't create a great drama without great actors, and that's exactly what this drama had. First let's start off with Park Min Young. She's actually been getting a lot of hate lately because of how she looked in the drama, but let's just take a moment to let that sink in. How she looked. How she looked?! Yo, just because someone does not look like a Victoria's Secret model does not make them a bad actress. I don't see Behati Prinsloo getting Oscars. Why? Because she's not. an. actress. The character of Chae (Choi?) Young Shin is an anti-social girl who is not the least bit concerned about her appearance. Her only friends are her father and ex-convicts. You think she would be buying Naked palettes and Coach bags? I really hate how people automatically start judging actresses and actors based on their looks. Like hello? What's their job again? Oh right. TO ACT. If their job was to look pretty they would be models but guess what? They're actors. So stop judging Park Min Young just because her character wore loose clothing and applied minimal makeup. She wasn't even ugly in the drama. Honestly, I think she's a great actress and beautiful one at that. Now onto Ji Chang Wook (swoon). I might be just a liiiiittle biased but he really is an exceptional actor, one of my favorites. He's portrayed both hero and villain, and I think that really helped him improve his acting. I've never watched any of Yoo Ji Tae's dramas, but now I'm definitely a fan. I absolutely LOVE Park Mi Kyung. Like LOVE. By far the best ahjumma actress ever. She's played elegant and rich, poor and mute, and now hacker and essential hobo. I love her so much, she's just so dynamic. It also seems as though she's never embarrassed, because some of her outfits in this drama....WHEW. Ji Won To did a really great job too, I bet seizures are hard to fake haha.

Nothing really stood out to me music wise, but the reason I'm giving it a 10 is because the music was just so appropriate. Whoever did music selection and editing really has taste, because the music came right on time, and fit perfectly. It made you feel happy when needed, made you feel sad when needed, and most of all gave you so much feels you feel like your heart is going to explode.

Overall, watch watch watch watch watch make SURE to watch this drama. I don't care what lengths you have to go to, but this is a must. One cannot call oneself a dedicated watcher if you have not watched this. However, like many people have previously stated, don't let this be your first drama. As a first drama, it's exceptional and great and amazing...but other dramas can't compare. After finishing this, many dramas will fall short of your expectations. Therefore, you have to watch something that's inferior so you can both appreciate this drama and later dramas. I know, I know, my amazing review has you on your toes wanting to watch this drama, but endure it. If you're just starting out, I recommend My Lovely Girl, Monstar, and Heirs. Not that these dramas were necessarily bad, they just started out good and got slaughtered by the writers. Oh and one more word of advice, if you're just starting out don't watch a melodrama. There will be too much crying and angst for you to handle. Plus since you're just starting out you'll most likely be too confused to even be emotionally impacted. Happy watching!