with the new live action film mulan coming, i took an interest to see this condor heroes drama, but there are so many of it.  which one should i watch?  im looking for the one that can give me the best action sequences.  thank you.  are all the drama connected to each other or its just the same and just a remake?

The Condor Heroes is a trilogy: The Legend of the Condor Heroes, Return of the Condor Heroes, and Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre. I would recommend watching it in order because they are connected and its timeline goes from that order too. It's good to know some of the character's background and how they are related. 

Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 and 2017 adaptations are probably better fit for you since they are the most recent. 2008 has well known actors that you probably know better - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Cecilia Liu. I think this version caters to more audiences. While 2017 is solid and more of a faithful tribute to the 1983 adaptation and to the novel. I haven't completed it, but I will. 

I've only watch the 2006 Return of the Condor Heroes.  Less on story, and more about characters and romance. The actress picked as Mulan live action is the female lead here. 

I don't know about Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre because I never finished it. 

BTW, CGI and animation are not great. 

If you planning to watch Condor Hero and to see how Liu Crystal (Xiao Long Nu) acting, Try The Return of the Condor Heroes (2006). I still remember the time airing that show in our Local TV Station and become fan of Liu Crystal because of her beauty.  

Spoiler Tag :
Story 10/10
Romance 8.5/10
Action 7.5 10

I hope my comment helps you. :)

fallensnowflakes:

The Condor Heroes is a trilogy: The Legend of the Condor Heroes, Return of the Condor Heroes, and Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre. I would recommend watching it in order because they are connected and its timeline goes from that order too. It's good to know some of the character's background and how they are related. 

Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 and 2017 adaptations are probably better fit for you since they are the most recent. 2008 has well known actors that you probably know better - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Cecilia Liu. I think this version caters to more audiences. While 2017 is solid and more of a faithful tribute to the 1983 adaptation and to the novel. I haven't completed it, but I will. 

I've only watch the 2006 Return of the Condor Heroes.  Less on story, and more about characters and romance. The actress picked as Mulan live action is the female lead here. 

I don't know about Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre because I never finished it. 

BTW, CGI and animation are not great. 

thank you, ok if i understand it correctly, the year it was released does not follow the chronological order of the story? i have to see the 2008/2017 (either of the two) then watch the 2006 next? did i get that right?

The 2017 version was really good, not sure if it is translated yet though.

I recommend "Legend of the Condor Heroes (2003)" because the protrayal of the characters are closer to the novel.  

https://mydramalist.com/403-legend-of-the-condor-heroes

It might be easier to look at the native titles!! 

"射雕英雄传” is Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 or 2017 versions, and this one tells the story of Guo Jing x Huang Rong as well as Yang Kang x Mu Nianci

“神雕侠侣" is Return of the Condor Heroes (2006) or Romance of the Condor Heroes (2014), and this one tells the story of Yang Guo (Yang Kang and Mu Nianci's son) and Xiao Long Nu. honestly no clue why the 2014 and 2006 versions have diff titles in english but they are the same story with same characters and same drama title in Chinese. 

so yes you can watch either 2008 or 2017 and then either 2006 or 2014. and you should be able to search up the even older versions by looking at the native titles since I'm not sure how they translated the other ones but I'm pretty sure they're all condor heroes smth lol

for CGI/effects, 2017 version (the most recent remake) is much kinder to the eyes, all the older versions have not-so-good CGI and effects. 

OP I was thinking of asking the same question for the exact same reasons, so thank you! 

AH:

OP I was thinking of asking the same question for the exact same reasons, so thank you! 

me too :')

iambulletproof:
i have to see the 2008/2017 (either of the two) then watch the 2006 next? did i get that right?

yes.

I haven't seen the newer ones, but I watched all the ones made in the 80's by TVB and the storylines are REALLY good and impressive. I've always hated the remakes because the actors didn't fit the roles (to me), but I really want to watch LOCH 2017 because Michael Miu (he was in the 1983 version, acting as Yang Kang) but came back to play Eastern Heretic.