I'm just wondering if drama specials are counted as dramas in the challenge? Because for every category there is a 'drama/movie' option but it doesn't say anything about specials. But then specials are included in the hand-in form as 'Number of completed drama specials for the challenge: [number]' so it sounds like it should be possible, but I wanted to ask in case I was wrong.

drama special are considered a movie, they are similar in lenth and are usually 1 episode.  If it is 2-5 episodes then it is a short drama

OldAnimeLady:

drama special are considered a movie, they are similar in lenth and are usually 1 episode.  If it is 2-5 episodes then it is a short drama

So then it's ok to use drama specials for almost every category (like "normal" dramas and movies)? Can I add e.g. 'I Will Fly to the Sky on a Wheelchair' to the 'Watch a drama/movie where the lead actor/actress has less than 500 hearts on their MDL page' category (I'm doing Diabolic)? Because Nino. That's what I wanted to do, is that ok?

Silje Olsen:
So then it's ok to use drama specials for almost every category (like "normal" dramas and movies)? Can I add e.g. 'I Will Fly to the Sky on a Wheelchair' to the 'Watch a drama/movie where the lead actor/actress has less than 500 hearts on their MDL page' category (I'm doing Diabolic)? Because Nino. That's what I wanted to do, is that ok?

that is totally ok and that DS rocks let me know what you think..and mmmmm Nino

This might be a stupid question, but do we have to add a badge or a banner and if yes where, on our profile or form?

taesthetic:

This might be a stupid question, but do we have to add a badge or a banner and if yes where, on our profile or form?

you do not have to use a banner or badge at all.  But if you want to you can put it on either.  I did it on my form cause I haven't New Years revamped my profile yet.

OldAnimeLady:

that is totally ok and that DS rocks let me know what you think..and mmmmm Nino

I completed it now and my heart hurts ;-; Nino is such a good actor and Japan is really good at making emotional content. Thank you for replying to all of my questions and thank you for being so nice. :)

Silje Olsen:

I completed it now and my heart hurts ;-; Nino is such a good actor and Japan is really good at making emotional content. Thank you for replying to all of my questions and thank you for being so nice. :)

Nino has my heart and yes he is, and your welcome.

Hello! Can someone please help me classifying these shows?

1. 7 First Kisses - Can I count it as a regular drama? I wanted it to be in the "A drama/movie that someone on the same page rated below 5 stars" but I'm not sure it counts as a drama. Is it a web series? A short drama? 

2. HIStory 1 - HIStory 1 has three seasons, all of them have 4 episodes, around 20 minutes each. It can't be a short drama because the episodes are over 15 minutes. Can I consider each one a regular drama or movie? (on Viki each season is a movie).

3. The Untamed Special Edition - Is this a regular drama or can I include it in the "Watch a drama special" category? The episodes were rearranged and the scenes were selected, so I'm not sure that counts as a special.

Thank you in advance!

beatriz:
1. 7 First Kisses - Can I count it as a regular drama? I wanted it to be in the "A drama/movie that someone on the same page rated below 5 stars" but I'm not sure it counts as a drama. Is it a web series? A short drama?

2. HIStory 1 - HIStory 1 has three seasons, all of them have 4 episodes, around 20 minutes each. It can't be a short drama because the episodes are over 15 minutes. Can I consider each one a regular drama or movie? (on Viki each season is a movie).

3. The Untamed Special Edition - Is this a regular drama or can I include it in the "Watch a drama special" category? The episodes were rearranged and the scenes were selected, so I'm not sure that counts as a special.

1 it counts as a drama

2 short drama (Edited after discussion) The line in Question STATES 15 minutes per episode.  

3, drama special are made for tv movies. usually the continuation or recap of a series, but sometimes a stand alone work.

OldAnimeLady:

1 it counts as a drama

2 short drama (the admin above mistyped ) has 2-5 episodes and has nothing to do with episode length

3, drama special are made for tv movies. usually the continuation or recap of a series, but sometimes a stand alone work.

Ohh I see! Thank you very much^^

It's my first time participating in the challenge and I picked two categories I'd like to do but I'm unsure how to find matching dramas. 

1. How to look for dramas/movies that won an award? Do I have to check somewhere else outside MDL for those or is there actually a list or search function (like a tag)? 

2. How can I find web series? What exactly is the definition of a web series? Same problem as question 1. 

3. I started rewatching The Untamed (which fits in both above categories so I'd like to use it for one of them) a couple of days before New Year but only got til episode 4. I reset the episode count to 0 yesterday.  If I restart it now from episode 1 again, does it count for the challenge? 

Sorry if those questions are dumb, I didn't need this before. xD Thanks for any help. ^^ 

moonchild:

It's my first time participating in the challenge and I picked two categories I'd like to do but I'm unsure how to find matching dramas. 

1. How to look for dramas/movies that won an award? Do I have to check somewhere else outside MDL for those or is there actually a list or search function (like a tag)? 

2. How can I find web series? What exactly is the definition of a web series? Same problem as question 1. 

3. I started rewatching The Untamed (which fits in both above categories so I'd like to use it for one of them) a couple of days before New Year but only got til episode 4. I reset the episode count to 0 yesterday.  If I restart it now from episode 1 again, does it count for the challenge? 

Sorry if those questions are dumb, I didn't need this before. xD Thanks for any help. ^^ 

1.  For now you need to search out side MDL, I may make a tag but I can only do it for the things I have watch AND I would like to seperate by the type of award. so one tag award winning another tag for international film festival etc.  Its on my to-do list.  I look for a drama I suspect may have won an award and then lookit up on japanese wikipedia (if you are watching another country use theirs). Sorry for the inconvienience.

2. we included this link https://mydramalist.com/search?adv=titles&so=relevance&th=466&ty=68%2C77%2C83 

3. since you restared at 0 then yes

moonchild:

Your questions aren't dumb.

1.) Under Advanced Search you can try award-winning under the Themes/Tags section and some will show up. I then Google to verify.

2.) Same as above. There may also be custom lists floating around. And Google of course. A web series is a show that was released exclusively on the internet and not any TV network.

In Google you can try this to find specific lists:
site:mydramalist.com list award winning
site:mydramalist.com list web series

I can offer up my MDL  list of the 2019 Baeksang Awards for your reference: 

https://mydramalist.com/list/732BrOz3