dearD4NI:
First, "Dauntless: 70 dramas/movies all Categories+ 2 Bonus" > does this mean you have to do all of the challenges above + 2 bonus? Or can you swap a few bonus in for challenges you don't want to do, i.e. watching an age gap drama (bonus) in exchange for watching a documentary (genres and tags)?

Dauntless is all 70 categories above the bonus plus 2 OF the bonus ones.

dearD4NI:
Second, what if the variety show you want to watch doesn't do seasons? Like I used to watch Knowing Bros religiously a few years ago but stopped and would love to watch it again, but it doesn't do seasons. Do variety shows like Knowing Bros, Running Man, Masked Singer, etc. not apply?

If it will still be ongoing after December 28 (or whatever date they set the challenge end for) this year, it's definitely out; if you wanted to use those, you'd have to watch ALL of them in a single year, near impossible unless it's all you watch (then you may have trouble doing easy/super easy level if you have 2 hours/day to devote to one variety show)... this was designed to primarily include shows with a clear starting and stopping point-films and dramas/drama specials/webseries and some short term reality shows also fit (I used Youn's Kitchen last year since I had been wanting to watch it and finally found subs for it, but I couldn't use, say, Master of the House unless I both started over in whatever year it finishes airing AND watched all of it in that year-kind of tough!)

dearD4NI:
Third, the "Watch a drama/movie from your least viewed tags under your profile stats" challenge kind of confuses me... the tags it shows are all ones I watch pretty often and the little green bars next to them are pretty long. The lowest one listed was "male chases female first" which is like half of the romance I normally watch and doesn't seem to fit the "least viewed" requirement, but I don't see any option to expand the stats and see tags I've watched under 10 times, so is this is what the challenge is asking? The least viewed of the ones provided?

I actually came back to ask the same question as dearD4NI on the stats for tags/genres. They might need to, next year, be adjusted to something like "a genre not in your stats" since the ones shown are the top 10 for me, top 8 for tags, death the lowest but 150 with death in the tags isn't exactly low, lol-it's more than half as much as my biggest tag of "strong female lead." For now, I've used the genre of "thriller" since the 90 thrillers I've marked as complete are the lowest of my top 10. 

IS there a place to see the full stats, or is it really just the top 10 (which seems more doable for the nearly infinite tags at least)...

This is a random thing I just noticed... happy ending is actually a tag. That's kind of a spoiler, isn't it?  :)

Moon-Light-Lover:

Hello,

So I barely made my account today, but I really want to join this challenge. When I went to reply to the challenge with the copied sign up form and a link to my watchlist It wouldn’t let me. It says invalid linking and that my account is being reviewed. I looked up what that means and it says I have to wait 7 days. 

My question is can I still do the challenge and paste my sign up form after 7 days?  I will be completing the challenge in my profile till they give me permission if that’s okay.  If not I can always do it next year. 

Thank you and sorry for being annoying. 

Yes, you can sign up later (I signed up in October of last year but used earlier 2019 shows; I just had to rush to organize the list/sort out what would go where). You can use almost anything you watch start to finish between January 1 and December... 28 I believe (it's on the sign up info) 2020 (no shows spilling over from the end of last year unless you start them over again-the entirety should be watched IN 2020). The exception=some shows have what they CALL specials on here which are either behind the scenes/post-reel/bloopers sorts of "specials" with cast members talking about their experience or "best of this series" moments or sometimes when they have a delay a rearranged "special" that is in the middle of a drama... Drama specials are different-the easiest to find=KBS Drama Special (often labeled as Season #), tvN Drama Stage, and 1-2 episode fill ins they often put when there's a gap between the end of one and start of another ie Ryoko that is 2 eps, Jan 5-6 its air dates or SBS somewhat randomly has programs they tuck between two major dramas-if something is cut early because of ratings or they aren't able to air the next show right away, sometimes they do little 1-2 episode fillers instead of reruns or fluff/filler. 

Welcome, though!  You can paste the sign up form and put in the links once your account has been reviewed, whatever that entails (my guess=making sure nothing spammy happens as soon as you come on, hence the links not being trusted immediately? Just my guess, though.) I just have my sign up form bookmarked so I keep editing it as I watch anything since my attention span is rather tiny when it comes to remembering movies or other short programs I watch! :P

@dearD4NI 

First, "Dauntless: 70 dramas/movies all Categories+ 2 Bonus" > does this mean you have to do all of the challenges above + 2 bonus? Or can you swap a few bonus in for challenges you don't want to do, i.e. watching an age gap drama (bonus) in exchange for watching a documentary (genres and tags)? 

you must complete everything Above bonus and do 2 bonus

Second, what if the variety show you want to watch doesn't do seasons? Like I used to watch Knowing Bros religiously a few years ago but stopped and would love to watch it again, but it doesn't do seasons. Do variety shows like Knowing Bros, Running Man, Masked Singer, etc. not apply? 

use a years worth like a jan-december run. With Vs.Arashi they do a Special in the beginning of the year and thats the marker for me. 

Third, the "Watch a drama/movie from your least viewed tags under your profile stats" challenge kind of confuses me... the tags it shows are all ones I watch pretty often and the little green bars next to them are pretty long. The lowest one listed was "male chases female first" which is like half of the romance I normally watch and doesn't seem to fit the "least viewed" requirement, but I don't see any option to expand the stats and see tags I've watched under 10 times, so is this is what the challenge is asking? The least viewed of the ones provided?

just watch the bottom 2 on your graph

moonchild:

I'd like to watch The Untamed Special Edition for the challenge. 

Can I use it for the following challenges? 

• Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning actor.
  • Watch a web series.

I don't think it counts as a drama special as it only has scenes from the original drama and some cut scenes so is it considered a drama on it's own? 

sorry it took me so long to answer I was hoping on of my other 2 helpers would have answered as I do not watch much Chinese and am unfamiliar with this drama.  From your description I would say no since it is just a rehash of the original series.

Moon-Light-Lover:

Hello,

So I barely made my account today, but I really want to join this challenge. When I went to reply to the challenge with the copied sign up form and a link to my watchlist It wouldn’t let me. It says invalid linking and that my account is being reviewed. I looked up what that means and it says I have to wait 7 days. 

My question is can I still do the challenge and paste my sign up form after 7 days?  I will be completing the challenge in my profile till they give me permission if that’s okay.  If not I can always do it next year. 

Thank you and sorry for being annoying. 

Welcome to the craziness that is MDL and you are not annoying!  

The challenge is going on until december 28th  so you can MOST DEFINITELY post in 7 days.  there really is no rush its only been out for 7 days.    

ElBee:
actually came back to ask the same question as dearD4NI on the stats for tags/genres. They might need to, next year, be adjusted to something like "a genre not in your stats" since the ones shown are the top 10 for me, top 8 for tags, death the lowest but 150 with death in the tags isn't exactly low, lol-it's more than half as much as my biggest tag of "strong female lead." For now, I've used the genre of "thriller" since the 90 thrillers I've marked as complete are the lowest of my top 10. 

IS there a place to see the full stats, or is it really just the top 10 (which seems more doable for the nearly infinite tags at least)...

First of all thank you for answering some of the questions but you answered the variety show one incorrectly. see my answer above.  

As for the Tags its you bottom 2 they are your Least viewd visible to us.  the rest of the challenge is designed to expand your horizons.  and yes for now it is just the top 10.  the challenge is not supposed to be all hard just make you stretch a bit : )

OldAnimeLady:
sorry it took me so long to answer I was hoping on of my other 2 helpers would have answered as I do not watch much Chinese and am unfamiliar with this drama.  From your description I would say no since it is just a rehash of the original series.

It's okay. So does this mean I can't use this for any of the challenges (beside Bonus) at all as it neither count as drama/movie or special? 

I also wonder if there's a limit of movies I can watch for the challenges. So when I do the Super Easy Challenge with 10 titles could 3 or more be movies or theoretically all 10? 

moonchild:

It's okay. So does this mean I can't use this for any of the challenges (beside Bonus) at all as it neither count as drama/movie or special? 

I also wonder if there's a limit of movies I can watch for the challenges. So when I do the Super Easy Challenge with 10 titles could 3 or more be movies or theoretically all 10? 

dramas or movies  is supposed to be listed for every category.  so theoretically you could complete the entire challenge with just movies.

OldAnimeLady:
First of all thank you for answering some of the questions but you answered the variety show one incorrectly. see my answer above.

Sorry about that; I was going off an answer from 2019 to that q. :)

ElBee:

Sorry about that; I was going off an answer from 2019 to that q. :) 

its ok..Maybe next year Ill move v.shows to the bonus section, since I watch a lot (though not usually a full season) I did not think it was difficult :)

I already took part in the last 2 Watch Challenges, but the thing about webseries/webdrama/short drama still confuses me ^^"

I want to watch https://mydramalist.com/38571-i-have-three-boyfriends 
It has 10 episodes a 15 minutes and it´s from Naver TV Cast . Are these 3 categories possible? (I´ll choose only 1 of course ^^)

• ( ) Watch a short drama. (15 minutes per episode or less) 
  • ( ) Watch a web series. 
  • ( ) Watch a Reverse Harem/Harem drama/movie. 

Thank you~ :)

Sanni:

I already took part in the last 2 Watch Challenges, but the thing about webseries/webdrama/short drama still confuses me ^^"

I want to watch https://mydramalist.com/38571-i-have-three-boyfriends 
It has 10 episodes a 15 minutes and it´s from Naver TV Cast . Are these 3 categories possible? (I´ll choose only 1 of course ^^)

• ( ) Watch a short drama. (15 minutes per episode or less) 
  • ( ) Watch a web series. 
  • ( ) Watch a Reverse Harem/Harem drama/movie. 

Thank you~ :)

Yes but you can only put it in one, and in my experience the short drama is the hardest to find

Sorry I'm a noob at forums and I don't know how to do that fancy embedding the person's question thing so I'm just going to @ y'all

@ElBee  Thank you for answering my questions! I've decided to watch the most recent season of I Can See Your Voice because I missed it when it was airing. I thought I would jump on the chance to catch up on Knowing Bros for the challenge but shoot I am way too behind and do not have that time lmao

@OldAnimeLady Thank you for answering my questions too! The clarifications really helped!

dearD4NI:

Sorry I'm a noob at forums and I don't know how to do that fancy embedding the person's question thing so I'm just going to @ y'all

@ElBee  Thank you for answering my questions! I've decided to watch the most recent season of I Can See Your Voice because I missed it when it was airing. I thought I would jump on the chance to catch up on Knowing Bros for the challenge but shoot I am way too behind and do not have that time lmao

@OldAnimeLady Thank you for answering my questions too! The clarifications really helped!

if you hit the word "quote at the bottom of that it will do "the fancy embedding" lol and yw : )