Hi Guys! So.. What was the first word you picked up while watching a drama?
Any language would do! May it be korean, japanese, Chinese or thai, etc.. :)
It would be good if you'll write down from which drama it is & the meaning of it too! ^^

---
Mine was 'Aja' when i watched 'Lovers in paris' :D
'Aja' is a korean word or expression that is equivalent to 'Hwaiting' or 'Fighting'.
It is an encouraging word~ something like that idk how to explain more~ lol
---

So yeah.. What was the first word you picked up while watching a drama? :3

PS: Jeaniessi was the one who suggested me to post a thread for this topic!
Hope you all participate! ^^
My first drama was My Name is Kim Sam Soon and the first word I really learned was Bienhae/Mienhae ~ I'm Sorry. Koreans apologize a lot! lol. The second was the expression OMO! Similar to Oh My God! or Oh My! The third was Kamsamnida ~ which means Thank You. Koreans are also very polite! :) (nice thread!) ;)
the first word i learnt from a

K-Drama ~ Saranghae = I Love You :)

J-Drama ~ Suki Desu = I Like You :)

.....and with these 2 words...i shall paint the whole of Korea and Japan red hehehhhhh

Nice Thread Dongho & Jeanie-ssi ^_^

EDIT: the dramas would prolly be Autumn In My Heart (Korea) & Buzzer Beat (Japan)
im not sure what drama it was but the first word i remember really picking up was "oppa" the second was "hyung" the third was "unnie"
ali101234 wrote: im not sure what drama it was but the first word i remember really picking up was "oppa"

now that you say that..i think mine was Oppa as well lol...Song Hye Kyo kept shouting "Oppaaaaaaaa" every chance she got (in Autumn in my Heart) lol
Hahaha.. Nice Thread.. The first word i can remember is 'hyung' from a love to kill when rain shout it to his brother who jumped out off the roof... then all i can say is "ahh.. so the korean for big brother is hyung..." LOL
I think it was " dsen de" as my first drama was Tokyo Juliet. It means really in Chinese.
well...the first word I picked up was "suki" watching loveless' anime...but as for dramas...it was..."damme!" watching kimi wa petto
Nice words!! :> Hahaha I like "Oppa" and "saranghae" I use that word alot. xD Thank you all for participating! Hope more MDLers post here theirs too! :3 Oh! I forgot to include my first chinese word and japanese~ Chinese/Taiwanese: Xiexie means thank you - Meteor Garden Japanese: Baka means Stupid,Fool - Hana yori dango :D
My first word was "Demo" (haha probably written wrong) ^^ The next one was gomenasai and itadakimasu :) It was just words that appeard always in exiting scenes.... I guess then I learned the word"sensei":D Because I loved watching these school romances <3 Btw it was always from japanese Dramas because I didn´t watch korean Dramas by then :p
The first Korean word I remembered was Aigoooo! Everything I dropped on the floor ended with Aigoooo! I don't remember the first Japanese word because I started watching Naruto before Jdramas and from the constant fights between Naruto and Sasuke I probably remembered Baka and Teme first :D and I've only seen one Taiwanese drama and from it I learned Xiexie and a couple of other words I no longer remember, for some reason I don't like how Chinese sounds, except in songs, in songs I can listen to it
I forgot to say my first Japanese word: Nanda ~ Which I think means what? correct me if I'm wrong. also Baka ~ Stupid/Idiot
Korean: Oppa, Hyung, Saranghae, Aigoo, omma Japanese: baka, nande, kokoro Mandarin: debuchi
Hmmmm for Korean it was Mwo? and Mworago? Those too were said lot

Japanese.........Ehhh? (although that's more of a noise of confusion and surprise than an actual word) and Nani?

So basically the words that were said in complete confusion and surprise were easy for me to pick up lol

Also I learned the words for love rather quickly too.

Thai -- Rak

Japanese - Suki, Daisuki, aishiteru

Korean -- Saranghe

Chinese -- Wo Ai Ni
LisNoir wrote: Korean: Oppa, Hyung, Saranghae, Aigoo, omma

Japanese: baka, nande, kokoro

Mandarin: debuchi

Ahh yes lol The names for family members too

Japanese -- Oniichan, Oneesan, Aniki, Okaasan, Otosan

Korean -- Dongsaeng, Omma, Appa, Hyung, Noona, Oppa, Unnie

Chinese -- so far all I know is gege means brother and that debuchi means sorry