There are probably a few threads like this but maybe opinions evolved, so I wanted to ask you all if you preferred Kdrama or Jdrama, and why? 
If you like both equally, you can just say what you like about them, their differences... 
For me, I do prefer Japanese dramas because they have a special feeling for me, but the Korean cinematography is amazing and make the drama look so perfect... 
When I first started watching dramas, I heavily preferred Japanese. This was back in 2009 and Korean dramas were different at this time. I tried some Korean dramas too around that time but they were mostly rom coms and heavy romance based (which I typically don't like; there needs to be enough thrilling plot or psychological stuff to balance out the romance for me) so I gave up on Korean dramas for a while and stuck to Japanese only.

Until Korea started coming out with a lot more diverse genres. There were a lot more crime dramas, investigation dramas, psychological dramas... you name it, all of the genres I like. And on the other hand, many of the newer Japanese dramas haven't interested me as much as the Japanese dramas from the old days that focused on real life issues and how people dealt with them.

Nowadays I watch and love both Japanese and Korean dramas, and which one I'm watching has less to do with the country than the plot of the show. I love both in different ways. Korea does better cinematography, but Japan does more unique plots.

I'm also open to watching dramas from other countries but don't have as much experience with them. I have a few on my PTW list though, and some I've dropped years ago.
I started out with Kdramas and loved them. I wanted to explore other language dramas and tried a few Japanese dramas (Most Chinese dramas I see are 40 episodes + which is too long for me. So have not yet tried CDrama).
But somehow in Japanese dramas the acting - particularly of the female leads seemed a bit kiddish and at times ridiculous. Maybe it's with the type of dramas that I picked.
Anyway, haven't yet watched any Jdrama which has kept my attention.
Honestly, I watch almost exclusively Kdramas, but I think that it's the matter of accessibility. I have DF premium and Viki pass and both of those sites offer a variety of Korean shows that you can chose depending on your interests or preferences. I haven't come across a single jdrama that would be recommended to me there. I did see some Chinese and Taiwanese dramas, but most of the time I didn't enjoy them that much. If there was a website that would have a great variety of Japanese and Thai dramas, I would probably at least give it a try. Does a website like this even exist?
I have watched over 120 K-dramas and it has gotten to the point where I "drop more than finish."  If I could find a website with a wide selection of J-dramas (good video quality), I would now probably be watching more J-dramas.
Korean Dramas. 

Japanese dramas are often filled with characters that are too stiff and it feels like the overall show lacks depth. And it's not just because they lack the cliched over the top romance you see in Korean & Chinese dramas but overall expressions of other emotions seem a little stiff as well. 
And then if the characters in the show aren't stiff they're kind of ridiculous over the top with some weird neurotic part to their personality.

They aren't all bad but Japanese dramas just aren't that good compared to most other places in my eyes. Perhaps anime/manga has something to do with it. I do not watch or read any of that stuff. I just don't like it. Anyways this is all just my opinion so don't feel too offended if you really like Japanese dramas because we can have different tastes and opinions.
♥Japanese Dramas♥

I Prefer watching Japanese drama since Im Japanese and can understand the language.
I have seen few korean but they all seem to be pretty the same and I get bored with them, the characters in korean dramas are often aggressive and very stuck to themselves, as with Japanese there are so many characters that are funny, caring, romantic. I love Japanese drama the best hihi!

I like both. For me it depends on what I am looking for in a drama or what language I feel like hearing. Korean dramas are sometimes over the top and crazy and Japanese ones are more realistic with more relatable themes. (This is not always the case though before anyone beats me up.) For instance take the drama Hana Kimi in Japanese. It was more of a story about the main character helping her hero get back on his feet, as well as the crazy hijinks with the friends she makes and how she grows because of these friends. The romance was there but it was more of a subplot than the focus. The Korean version added a touch of melo and focused a lot on the romantic side. I enjoyed both versions, but I think for that story I really liked the Japanese version it felt more heartfelt and touching. One thing I have noticed with the Korean dramas I have watched though vs. the Japanese ones I have seen are the endings. Korean dramas (for the most part) like to have a finite ending, even if its in the last 2 minutes of the drama the loose ends will be tied up. Sometimes Japanese dramas leave the ending open. Again it depends on what I am feeling and what kind of drama I want to watch. 
JDRAMA 

Because i'm sick of those drag romance story from kdrama
Jdrama offer variety of plot, story, and genre and of course, a reality which Kdrama don't

Some exceptional Kdrama that i love are Dream High, Cheese in The Trap, Reply 1997, My Name is Kim Sam Soon, Signal 
I enjoy both, but I do go through phases where I just want to watch one or the other; however, I lean more toward jdramas. a couple years ago I started feeling extra annoyed watching the same tropes, dragged plotlines, and seeing romance in everything that is kdrama so I dropped them cold turkey and only watched jdramas. I'm easing back into kdramas, and there are a lot that I think I might enjoy, but overall I feel like japan offers more variety. the generally shorter episode count is also alluring (for a couple reasons), which is honestly probably why I tend to pick certain jdramas over kdramas... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
J-drama. I love how much heart they have, and how simplistic they tell a story, without the need to glamorized it nor adorned it with fancy stuff. I watched one episode of Kdrama only; while it looked very pretty I didn't feel like it had too much heart (it was too fancy for my taste; so more looks than heart). Besides, I usually go against the flow... if something is really popular I tend to go to the least popular one. I don't like overrating.

I've started with Japanese dramas. Although I watch less of them lately, partly because of accessibility and partly because I really enjoy Korean dramas, I often feel like I am left with a warm feeling and/or lingering thoughts on the meaning of life and humanity at the end of a Japanese drama. I love that.

For Korean dramas, it's often the historical dramas that leave me most satisfied.  But yeah, I just love a good story with a moral and a good ending, wrapped up well, open-ended or not. 

K dramas.

It's Not that I find Japanese dramas boring or bad, I honestly just can't stand the language..  It sounds ridiculous, it is ridiculous, but there's something about the way they speak or the tone or something that makes it really hard for me to listen to without getting irritated after a couple of minutes..

Definitely J-drama! K-dramas are boring. J-dramas are much better, japanese actors are more talented and all stories are about romance and how the main couple ends together in the end. 

i still profound j dramas. k drama just wasnt for me