First of all, a big ty ty ty to the hottest guy here, Sexy Skye, for making this new section :) I can think of a thread that I posted the other day that would better fit here and was of a more intellectual nature, but this first post is about something very superficial :)

The trend of all asian trends: *drum roll please*

janjan CIRCLE LENSES!

How do you feel about them? Do you think they look good on other people? Have you ever wanted to try them? Have you tried them? Where'd you buy them? Favorite brands? Etc.

Tell me everything! I want all the details hehehe. I've been on the fence about this trend for a while, but I feel like I am hours from succumbing to the cuteness and clicking "confirm" on my online shopping cart.

If you have some or you have a pic of one of our favorite actors wearing some, feel free to add pictures here as examples. Only rule-- they cannot be naked. *Throws a side-eye to the kissing booth thread* No excuses on this one people, the eyes are far away from the naughty bits :-p
Chaltiere wrote: First of all, a big ty ty ty to the hottest guy here, Sexy Skye, for making this new section :) I can think of a thread that I posted the other day that would better fit here and was of a more intellectual nature, but this first post is about something very superficial :)

The trend of all asian trends: *drum roll please*

janjan CIRCLE LENSES!

How do you feel about them? Do you think they look good on other people? Have you ever wanted to try them? Have you tried them? Where'd you buy them? Favorite brands? Etc.

Tell me everything! I want all the details hehehe. I've been on the fence about this trend for a while, but I feel like I am hours from succumbing to the cuteness and clicking "confirm" on my online shopping cart.

If you have some or you have a pic of one of our favorite actors wearing some, feel free to add pictures here as examples. Only rule-- they cannot be naked. *Throws a side-eye to the kissing booth thread* No excuses on this one people, the eyes are far away from the naughty bits :-p

Why would a person wearing lenses be naked?:P I can't comprehend this :P
nutellanna wrote: Why would a person wearing lenses be naked?:P I can't comprehend this :P

You know the people on this board...I've learned to expect everything :-p
Do actors wear circle lenses? As far as I know, they seem to be more of trend in Korea among ullzangs, internet celebrities who are only known for being good looking (ullzang means "great face" or something along those lines). Personally, I find circles lenses extremely unnatural-looking and creepy.

Here's a video where some other internet celebrities, Simon and Martina of Eat Your Kimchi, try some on:

wenyu1 wrote: Do actors wear circle lenses?

Yes. Many men and women do, in Japanese media at least. Almost all print models wear them. I recently saw footage of the making of the new ARASHI music video and Aiba was definitely wearing them. It wasn't to get a particularly creepy effect either. I totally agree with you though, sometimes they look very strange. It depends on a lot of factors including the size and color of the person's eyes, the size of the lens, and the pattern and color of the lens. It's kinda like makeup and plastic surgery: sometimes it's obvious, other times you just think the person looks better but you can't put your finger on why, hehe.

I am thinking of getting some that are more natural looking. I'll be back with pics/links at some point hehehe.
I took the plunge and ordered these:

I can't wait until they get here, hehe. As you can see from the review, this girl's natural eyes are very similar to the circle lenses. I also have dark brown eyes, so I'm curious as to what they'll look like (i'm guessing something like the ones she's wearing).
wenyu1 wrote: Do actors wear circle lenses? As far as I know, they seem to be more of trend in Korea among ullzangs, internet celebrities who are only known for being good looking (ullzang means "great face" or something along those lines). Personally, I find circles lenses extremely unnatural-looking and creepy.

Here's a video where some other internet celebrities, Simon and Martina of Eat Your Kimchi, try some on:

What the Heck!!! Circle Lenses, get out! Even Contact lenses can make my eyes pretty. Circle lenses are scary!

Ulzzang Face: my selca pic, i show it to my whole family, they said it was my lil niece, omona they can't recognize me acting Ulzzang Face! Great Camera side-effect! =)) I didn't add any feature to it.

The Scariest celeb if wearing Circle Lenses: i think TOP. In real present he looks gorgeously handsome & tough. Adding Circle Lenses would be terrifying!
I love the natural him, so handsome, but still Hyun Bin the absolute gorgeous! ㅋㅋㅋ
hehe well i ended up not getting the ones in the review, I ordered different ones. I think you can't just wear circle lenses alone. You need to wear full eye makeup with lashes to balance it all out. The ones I bought are the same size as my regular contact lenses, so I don't think it'll be much of a difference.
They're kind of creepy looking imo. Then again I've never been keen to the idea of contacts to begin with. Some about close proximity (of anything: fingers, contacts, etc.) makes me shudder. Makes me squeamish just thinking about it. I looked it up on Google to get an idea and I have to say all the pictures seem very unnatural and creepy looking to me.

Maybe it's cause they're close-ups of eyes, but I still don't like it.

Sorry to anyone on here planning to buy them/using them. I'm sure they look great on you! :D (That was supposed to be a sincere statement not a sarcastic one, as the internet so fails to point out).
totally random: last night i had a weird dream...i was trying to stuff 1 meter big circle lenses to my eyes and managed somehow XDDD
ROFL now that's scary~