Heard something about Legend of An Le dropping either this Saturday or next Wednesday .... will believe it when I see it, but ... Yeah .... 

I haven't visited the site in a while. Whats the opinion on Romance of a Twin Flower? I started watching and couldn't continue. I read the book and loved the FL. She is intelligent and i would say strategic with her dealings with the ML.  But from the few episodes I have seen she isn't anything like the book character which is disappointing. I just want to know is it worth continue  watching? if you have watched it what did you like about it. I don't mind spoilers

From what I recall the male lead mellows a bit, the female lead becomes a bit less silly. But overall it's not the most serious drama. It's a romantic comedy, 'hate' turned to love.

If you are expecting a female lead who is sharp, smart and skilled it's probably not going to live up to your expectations. I'd put it as a slightly below average drama for me personally. It's okay but I would only really recommend it if you're looking for a romantic comedy.

Knavery:

From what I recall the male lead mellows a bit, the female lead becomes a bit less silly. But overall it's not the most serious drama. It's a romantic comedy, 'hate' turned to love.

If you are expecting a female lead who is sharp, smart and skilled it's probably not going to live up to your expectations. I'd put it as a slightly below average drama for me personally. It's okay but I would only really recommend it if you're looking for a romantic comedy.

I guess then I'll drop it.  any recommendations for any of the new historical dramas? Recently I have mostly  watched  few modern day ones

Its You:
any recommendations for any of the new historical dramas?

Hmm, well if you want smart tactful leads, then I would recommend Story of Yanxi Palace or Nirvana in Fire

Story of Yanxi Palace is a story of a girl who has worked hard to become a palace maid, fooling everyone into thinking she is demure and obedient, but actually hot on her quest for revenge. Unfortunately for her, she also catches the attention of many important figures. However, she is one to take any situation and find an advantage to it. The drama is about her navigating the world of inner-court politics. 

Nirvana in Fire is a classic drama about the mysterious man from the world of Jianghu, predicted to be an essential tool for whichever prince becomes king. However, no one seems able to predict his motives as he both offends and is helpful to the current princely candidates for power. While they all think he is testing the princes before deciding who to be loyal to, he has actually long chosen who he wants as king, and his motivations will upset the capitol forever.

I saw a rec for a Thai drama in the first page, I am adding that.

Can someone recommend   any short (15 episodes or less) and recent (2019 onwards) Japanese historical dramas?

Ari_Lee:
 Can someone recommend   any short (15 episodes or less) and recent (2019 onwards) Japanese historical dramas?

If you're in the mood for a short supernatural atmospheric thrill, I highly suggest Kaidan Botan Doro: Beauty & Fear!! :)

Ari_Lee:
Can someone recommend any short (15 episodes or less) and recent (2019 onwards) Japanese historical dramas?

Heck yeah! I love shorts. The first three are so short you can probably finish them within a few hours of starting them. Easy binges.

Zhang Gong Zhu Zai Shang is a role reversal drama.  It focuses on the relationship between a princess and her recently hired guard, meanwhile the political environment threatens both of their underlying goals in the palace.
Dong Lan Xue is another short role reversal drama by the same team. After saving the ML's life, she devotes herself to him as a guard and servant. However, their relationship is far different from what everyone else sees.
Legend of Yunze is one of the better GL xianxia. It's split into two seasons, both of which are out. The focus is on a cultivator and a mysterious woman she encounters. While trying to unravel the truth behind a haunted town, the two also begin to unravel mysteries about their own origins. 

As for J-historicals, I see a lot recommend but I don't watch them as often so I can't give out many names with confidence. However there is one.  I've heard really good things about Asa Ga Kita.  It's one of the few jdramas rated higher than an 8 even though it's seven years old (very impressive). It's also an asadora, which isn't a popular format on MDL, making me think the effort must be worth watching. Obviously, I plan to watch it eventually too!

Hey! I'm hearing that Mysterious Lotus Casebook is supposed to drop between tomorrow and the weekend!!!  That would be SUPER!!!

CdramaMaven4762:

Heard something about Legend of An Le dropping either this Saturday or next Wednesday .... will believe it when I see it, but ... Yeah .... 

This one has been so far so good. I don't think the writing/plot development is the best but no major missteps so far.

Knavery:

This one has been so far so good. I don't think the writing/plot development is the best but no major missteps so far.

I'm enjoying it too.  It's great having several different dramas to chose from!

I have just finished rewatching The Rebel Princess  and I must say definitely one of the best historical ones ever. For me Zhou Yi Wei as Xiao Qi is just the best. When you read the book, he is exactly what you imaged the general to be. Sometimes for me in dramas both historical and modern ones the ML looks too young to fit the character specially for roles like generals or in modern ones CEOs.

@fiflydramalover I have watched both Nirvana in Fire and Story of Yanxi Palace :) and I agree they are great dramas. 

Its You:

I have just finished rewatching The Rebel Princess  and I must say definitely one of the best historical ones ever. For me Zhou Yi Wei as Xiao Qi is just the best. When you read the book, he is exactly what you imaged the general to be. Sometimes for me in dramas both historical and modern ones the ML looks too young to fit the character specially for roles like generals or in modern ones CEOs.

@fiflydramalover I have watched both Nirvana in Fire and Story of Yanxi Palace :) and I agree they are great dramas. 

Whoops! Sorry I somehow missed the part of the sentence that said new!

Just in case you haven't been keeping up ... Currently airing are:
Mysterious Lotus Casebook
Lost You Forever Season 1
The Princess and the Werewolf
Legend of Anle

CdramaMaven4762:

Just in case you haven't been keeping up ... Currently airing are:
Mysterious Lotus Casebook
Lost You Forever Season 1
The Princess and the Werewolf
Legend of Anle

Also, Young Blood Season 2! (I'll update THIS page in a minute...)