hoshthegoat:
I'm finally starting Story of Yanxi Palace.

Good luck, 70 eps to go! I'm finishing up Immortal Samsara on 51/61 annnd I wish it lived up to my expectations lol. 

hoshthegoat:

Enjoy!  Hope you enjoy it too.

Ari:

Good luck, 70 eps to go! I'm finishing up Immortal Samsara on 51/61 annnd I wish it lived up to my expectations lol. 

I'm honestly looking forward to the 70 eps~

I haven't seen Immortal Samsara, but it's on my list, so I'll eventually get to it.

MIMI:

Enjoy!  Hope you enjoy it too.

~^^~

hoshthegoat:

I'm also watching ;))...... so I hope we both enjoy it until the very end 

Shenmi:

I'm also watching ;))...... so I hope we both enjoy it until the very end 

I hope you enjoy watching as well ^^

Hey, everyone! What historical dramas [okay, I'll take period costume of any kind, lol] are you anticipating for the rest of the year? We still have three months left.... what's out there for us?

CdramaMaven4762:

Hey, everyone! What historical dramas [okay, I'll take period costume of any kind, lol] are you anticipating for the rest of the year? We still have three months left.... what's out there for us?

I don't know if they air in 2022 for sure but:

Fighting for Love 

Snippet from synopsis:

It tells the story of the founding female general of Nanxia who took off her red robe in exchange for battle gear and became the goddess of war.

Crystal Zhang is amazing but my worry is that she recently aired out that her boyfriend(?) was cheating on her.

Wrong Carriage, Right Groom

Remake of a 2001 show. Two brides swap places in the chaos of a fire at a temple.

My Wife Is a Thief

Snippet from synopsis:

The legendary thief marries into the Xu family, thus starting a battle of wits and will with a stone-faced inspector. Caught in a cat and mouse game, the two natural enemies learn to become husband and wife.

Echo of Her Voice

It's about musicians and the female lead is known for being a singer, dancer, part of a girl group so it will be interesting to see how she does.

The Ingenious One

Snippets from synopsis:

The story of Yun Xiang, a young man who enters the Jianghu with a mission from his family and accidentally befriends several friends, including Shu Yanan, a heroine with a strong valor, Su Mingyu, and Jin Biao, a nimble swordsman. 

All these dramas have been around for a little while so I am hoping air at some point in the coming months. For example IQ started the My Wife Is a Thief page on their streaming site in early October 2021. IQ was dropped trailers for Fighting for Love in December 2021.

There is also from what I know of, Song of the Moon, coming possibly in 2022.

I just heard a rumor that Legend of Anle is supposed to drop in November .... let us see!

idk about 2022, but I am excited for a few upcoming titles. With low expectations, I'm super curious about how Arthdal Chronicles 2 will be. 

I also want to see Forbidden Love, which doesn't have a release date yet. Both theses titles are expected to air in 2023.

Knavery:
All these dramas have been around for a little while so I am hoping air at some point in the coming months. For example IQ started the My Wife Is a Thief page on their streaming site in early October 2021. IQ was dropped trailers for Fighting for Love in December 2021.

Tanks for the titles and snippets :) I'm curious about My Wife is a Thief and hope it will air this year 

Your favorite &/or most impressive villain plots

OR Moments where you were surprised by the villain's dastardly plan 

I'm not good at remembering specifics, but my top villiian's in historicals are:

1. Mishil from Queen Seondeok. She was just so smart and so careful. You can see how much she cares about politics. She's not doing it just to do it, just to be a villiian. She has ambition and she's trying to play the game by the rules, and she's just so good at doing it. A wonderful villain who I will always remember.
  2. Xiao Qin Shi from Story of Ming Lan. Another example of a woman who is too smart to live in a sexist society. Her bitterness and resentment of the world, her need to prove herself through her children, her patience and diligence, and her respect for the people she wants to tear down was just fascinating to watch in a character. I mean really what a horrible woman, but from the safe distance of a screen, I really loved discovering the complexity of her character. It's not that she is unique... I wouldn't say relatable, but I've seen parts of her in the competitive mothers I've met. Maybe that's her charm.
  3. Ki Cheol from Faith. I think this was one of the first complex villains I'd seen. Most of the villains I had known at this point were just evil to be evil, or I was too young to understand their point of view. But with Ki Cheol, I was just old enough to get him. I didn't really know much about abusive relationships at this point, and wouldn't fully appreciate that part of him until I was older and rewatched the show, but he was a fascinatingly real person to me. Even in his exaggerated nature, there was something so real about his emptiness and greed... I'd never seen greed portrayed with such sincerity, with such a thirst that felt like it came from something real before. Really a memorable villain for me.
  4. The villainous alliance of The Untamed. I know Meng Yao swore brotherhood to Lan Xichen and Nie Ming Jue, but his two brothers of villainy really developed a great triad of evil. Each one (Su She, and Xue Yang, and Meng Yao), even if they lacked logic, had a unique perspective on vengeance, justice, and cruelty. And together, they accomplished so much even if most of it was done behind the scenes. These characters are so interestingly written because we don't actually see most of what they do. They work so hard and accomplish so much, but unlike most political dramas, we only see the surface of it. I really respect the author for trusting the audience with such a limited perspective. And when we do see more, its written in an empathetic, but honest way. It doesn't hide from their evil and cruelty, but it also does its best to show their perspective, the way they think. Fascinating way to create characters.

Hi ! 

I would like to join the Historical Dramas Club.