Day 25 Challenge: "Worst ending"

Three nominations quickly come to mind:

I adore "Love By Chance", but the ending of the second storyline was awful - which, of course, is why they made the sequel "LBC 2" (which I also adore, despite its considerable flaws).

"2gether" is cute and enjoyable, but it ends before there's any sort of satisfying intimacy - which is why they made the sequel "Still 2gether". (Or was that their plan from the start?)

Finally, "My Bromance" is heavy (especially the second half) but dramatically really good, and already in 2014 (i.e. at the age of 16 or 17), Fluke Natouch was already such a fine actor. But gosh, that ending really really really sucks. And unlike the first two, the sequel didn't make things any better: the 2020 follow-on "My Bromance 2: 5 Years Later" (starting with the "Reunion" bridge episode) was disappointing, most of all because of the truly atrocious retcon (=  modified re-telling of previous events to facilitate the sequel).

Although if there were an award for "most truly atrocious retcon", I think I would also have to consider "LBC 2" (see above).

That being said, I really like all three of these, so I hate to give any of them such a raspberry. I wish I could think of a bad BL with a particularly awful ending, but I tend to put those out of my mind as quickly as possible. Anyways, the winner is .,.. *dramatic pause with drumroll* ... "My Bromance".

axdxex:

I was going to recommend some too, but you’ve already watched them :)

Could you recommend them anyway I might be open to a rewatch

-OverthinkingRN-:

Can anyone recommend me a enemies to lovers series?

I tried to think of something you haven't seen. You've already watched some of the most obvious ones, like "Bad Buddy" and "Semantic Error". Then I said to myself: Aha, I don't see "Stay With Me" on the list!

For a moment I was so satisfied with myself. But then I saw that you're watching it right now, haha.

I'll keep thinking, but on an aside, someone made a suggestion to me way back which I found helpful, so I'll pass it on to you: For people with huge PTW lists, it's helpful to set the "Priority" (under "Advanced") as a reminder to yourself.

Day 25 Worst Ending 

Chains of Heart - what was the point of this e whole series.

I love this series so much but the ending recked me; History 3 Make Our Days Count 

Day 25 Challenge: Worst ending  Dinosaur Love 

I thought it had an OK start, but Dino just became more aggressive towards Rak as time went on, even while knowing about the SA from Rak's ex. It felt really uncomfortable to watch Rak be uncomfortable, trying to say no to someone he liked but he wasn't ready to be that close with. Ugh.

Have you guys seen the trailer for Pit Babe 2? They released it just a few minutes ago. 

We also got PingNut in historical series and PoohPavel in thriller series!! 

solana:
Have you guys seen the trailer for Pit Babe 2?

Yeah, just watched it. Very exciting! But even more exciting (at least for me): the pilot for "I’m The Most Beautiful Count" starring my most beloved Supanut. (They also posted a new "official pilot" for "This Love Doesn't Have Long Beans", but at a glance, it seems the same as last month's "teaser".) 

p43425:
Yeah, just watched it. Very exciting! But even more exciting (at least for me): the pilot for "I’m The Most Beautiful Count" starring my most beloved Supanut.

It's good to see him having his own series. I guess he wasn't joking when he said he wanted to have 200 partners 

p43425:
(They also posted a new "official pilot" for "This Love Doesn't Have Long Beans", but at a glance, it seems the same as last month's "teaser".)

I'm also excited for this couple, I really like them in PitBabe. I couldn't watch the live, but did they say when this would be released?

Day 25 of April Challenge

Worst Ending

The nominations are:

1. HIStory3: Make Our Days Count (Taiwan, 2019): Why kill off Yu Xi Gu leaving Xiang Hao Ting devasted and unable to recover from the loss? It was just so unnecessary. And Yu Xi Gu only gets a brief moment of happiness in an otherwise miserable life? WTF?
  2. Once Again (Korea, 2022) - What did Kang Ji Hoon ever do to deserve to be murdered in an eternal time loop? Sisyphus and Prometheus may have deserved their perpetual punishments, the former more so, but all Kang Ji Hoon did was live a diligent life and saved a kid from being killed. Again, Kang Ji Hoon only ever enjoys happiness with his lover, Shin Jae Woo for two weeks.
  3. Eien No Kinou: Complete Edition (Japan, 2023): From (almost) the very start, we are dealing with a dead Yamada Koichi, and Oumi Mitsuru is left to figure out how to deal with the situation in which they find themselves, and ultimately the loss of Yamada Koichi. Again, Oumi Mitsuru never recovers from losing his love.

And the winner of the BL with the worst ending is: Once Again (Korea, 2022). Why? Because in no way does Kang Ji Hoon deserve eternal damnation. Fate is a cruel mistress, but screenwriters can be worse, IMO.

RiqueXinw:
Chains of Heart - what was the point of this e whole series.

Oh, hate watching! *LOL*

Actually, I enjoyed watching it because one of the commenters on the MDL BL Drama Lovers' Discord server has the most amazing sense of humour and walked us through this series to the point I was literally laughing out loud. 

I get what you're saying though.

solana:
did they say when this would be released?

(re "This Love Doesn't Have Long Beans") I don't specifically know. They called this "pilot", which usually means pre-production, but on the other hand it looks fairly polished, so maybe it's already in production (?).

p43425:

(re "This Love Doesn't Have Long Beans") I don't specifically know. They called this "pilot", which usually means pre-production, but on the other hand it looks fairly polished, so maybe it's already in production (?).

On the MDL page for the drama, it has an airing date of Jul  5, 2024.

Day 25 - April Challenge

Worst Ending

STAY WITH ME

Maybe not technically a BL, but many like myself feel it's close enough to count, has one of the best  stories of "more than friendship" ever watched. Add in family dynamics for even more feels.

BUT, the ending was quite traumatic for the viewers, including me, and the hope of a season 2 helped somewhat...until there wasn't going to be a season 2 in the foreseeable future.  It rarely matters to me whether a series has another season or not, but Stay With Me mattered. I'm still hoping for that day to come...

American Fan:

Day 25 - April Challenge

Worst Ending

STAY WITH ME

Maybe not technically a BL, but many like myself feel it's close enough to count, has one of the best  stories of "more than friendship" ever watched. Add in family dynamics for even more feels.

BUT, the ending was quite traumatic for the viewers, including me, and the hope of a season 2 helped somewhat...until there wasn't going to be a season 2 in the foreseeable future.  It rarely matters to me whether a series has another season or not, but Stay With Me mattered. I'm still hoping for that day to come...

I agree this is the one I was gonna choose also :( 

American Fan:
It rarely matters to me whether a series has another season or not, but Stay With Me mattered. I'm still hoping for that day to come...

Don't hold your breath. I loved everything about "Stay With Me" except the ending. It was actually in my mind as I posted my three nominations (above), but if there were a sequel we wouldn't be saying this, so I didn't quite think it sporting to give it such a raspberry.