2018 Watch Challenge Discussion

This discussion has been closed.

gravity_:

Hi everyone, I am having trouble finding something for the middle school/ middle schooler tag. Could someone please recommend me something 

(preferably a drama and preferably not too childish - but it doesn't have to be) Actually, I would be thankful for any suggestion that fits this tag.

I watched the Japanese movie Another for that section

Middle School Dramas and movies  I have seen

Sexy Voice And Robo - Spy thriller with Middle Schooler and an Otaku. 

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon - Magical girls 

Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi  - Mystery thriller with time travel, set mostly during middle school. 

Erased - movie version of  above. 

Another - movie, mystery, supernatural, horror. 

Currently watching 

Idol x Warriors Miracle Tunes - tokusatsu , magical girl, musical, idol drama . Unlikely that subs will complete before years end .

DarylJ:
Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi  - Mystery thriller with time travel, set mostly during middle school.

Erased - movie version of  above. 

These ones are set in elementary school, not in middle school.

dramaworld:
also https://mydramalist.com/6656-the-queens-classroom-2013

Technically, this drama is set in elementary school (sixth grade), even though sixth graders would be in middle school where I live :)  I remember I eliminated it for the category because of that, lol.

gravity_:
Hi everyone, I am having trouble finding something for the middle school/ middle schooler tag. Could someone please recommend me something

I had trouble with that category too; I don't think most of the things that are tagged now were there when I looked.  I ended up with the Japanese movie Water Flower and I liked it a lot, so it all turned out okay.

Does anyone know if Kazoku Game can be used for category "revolves around a middle schooler" ?

This was my first challenge and I loved it! Going in I didn't like historicals or family dramas but they have turned out to be one of my absolute favorite genres! Sports and fluffy romance- UGH!  

I wish there were more challenges to participate in :-/ Can't wait for next year!!

Is this part necessary?

I don't know what exactly this mean. Because everyone have it in their sign-up form, but in the original form its not there. 

• The number of completed dramas for the challenge:
  • The number of completed drama specials for the challenge:
  • The number of completed movies for the challenge:     
 jolanahruba:

Is this part necessary?

I don't know what exactly this mean. Because everyone have it in their sign-up form, but in the original form its not there. 

• The number of completed dramas for the challenge:
  • The number of completed drama specials for the challenge:
  • The number of completed movies for the challenge:     

It's not necessary! It's just a tab that some users like to keep so they can remember their exact amount :) 

Should I be updating my initial sign up page? I was keeping track on a spread sheet at home but it appears that some people over at the original Watch Challenge posting are updating. 

Humbledaisy:

Should I be updating my initial sign up page? I was keeping track on a spread sheet at home but it appears that some people over at the original Watch Challenge posting are updating. 

I don't think you have to do it as you go, if you prefer to track things elsewhere, but you'd have to fill it in eventually anyway (at least by the time you finish, or there's no point in having the sign-up post with all the entries included).

Rule #7 says "When you finish a drama/movie add the title next to the selected challenge."  Again, no one is going to check your post to see if you updated it regularly, but you do have to do it at some point.

Thanks - I will then!

I made a banner badge. Here's the link. You can you use freely if you guys would approve and like it.

Just t confirm: 

(0/5) Miscellaneous:

1. ( ) Watch a drama/movie from a genre you dislike or re-watch a drama/movie.

- Allows me to re-watch something I've seen before, right?

I tried to back read but not very successful...

ReikaBleu:

Just t confirm: 

(0/5) Miscellaneous:

1. ( ) Watch a drama/movie from a genre you dislike or re-watch a drama/movie.

- Allows me to re-watch something I've seen before, right?

I tried to back read but not very successful...

Yes, I interpret that to mean that you may either watch something from a disliked genre OR you may re-watch something you've already seen, provided that you re-watch it in full.  (And actually you can re-watch for any category, but this one is the only "free pass", so to speak.  For this one you can re-watch anything.  For the others, obviously you have to make sure it fits for the category.)

zeamays:

Yes, I interpret that to mean that you may either watch something from a disliked genre OR you may re-watch something you've already seen, provided that you re-watch it in full.  (And actually you can re-watch for any category, but this one is the only "free pass", so to speak.  For this one you can re-watch anything.  For the others, obviously you have to make sure it fits for the category.)

Thanks!! :)