devitto wrote: Wow, that's great. The only language classes any schools I went to offered where English, French, Latin, Spanish and Russian. :(
I took English, Latin and Spanish by the way. xD

Learning it in school / with a real instructor or teacher must be so much more fun. :/

Wow! Latin :O isn't it difficult? Well, I don't think I would have learned much on my own, I'm quite lazy :D
bakedfatpotato wrote: Wow! Latin :O isn't it difficult? Well, I don't think I would have learned much on my own, I'm quite lazy :D

I'm really really lazy too. I hope I won't stop in the middle.. :P
I didn't think Latin was difficult, but everyone else thought so. I think French is much more difficult. :D And after learning Latin, Spanish was really easy. :)
yeah, true story- i learned latin only one semester before i started learning spanish and i must admit spanish is much easier thanks to latin classes. and i think latin is really interesting and not so difficult (at least as far as i've learned). i'd even say latin is funny, especially when u can see how many words in your mother language comes from latin and how the meaning of these words chaneged through centuries. I'm from Poland and there are soooo many latin words in polish.
I am trying to, but I don't think I will become fluent any time soon. xDD I just pick up it, and check it the next time I hear it the word/phrase again. The caption may be different, but it's just another definition of it. If you want, I would love to try to talk in Korean with you. But I really suck at spelling, only know a little bit. By any chance do you know how to read Korean romanization?
Yo!! I am in ;) But I haven't really tried due to other things on my plate!! I want to learn... Talk to me in Korean plz.. so ..can learn bit quicker :)
Animese wrote: By any chance do you know how to read Korean romanization?

How to read Korean romanization? Well yes.. it's this: "Nappeun Yeojaya". Since I'm at work I can't write Hangeul (not installed) but that was the first thing I learned when I started Korean. I hate romanizations. xD

I knew I wouldn't be able to keep studying once I started work again! It worked so well when I was on vacation.. I should start slower. Not 50 pages a day, but maybe 2 or 3 pages a day. But how do you motivate yourself when you're as lazy as I am? :(
I just started but atm I can't find the time
I'm studying it too, but it's really hard ... I tried it was easier, I took 1 day to study the alphabet and now I try to remember the most important expressions and some words, because I'll go to Korea next summer, but ... OMG, I prefer studying spanish lol
I'm taking a class but only once a week at community college. Need to find me a language exchange partner or something. There's just no substitute for live conversation. My 2 cents for newbies. Learn Hangul first. Korean romanization is a mess best avoided.
Yep, definitely start with Hangeul.. Especially since (fortunately!) almost all books are completely without romanizations. :) I'm not getting forward at the moment, either. Don't have enough time. :(
I'm taking a classes once a week at community college!! ^^ So far, I love it!!!
Why are there NO classes around here? Absolutely none. :/
I am! So far I only know like basic words and expression you learn from watching dramas or listening to kpop. derp. I can read hangul, like retard tho^^ We have Saturday classes here, but I have no time OTL
There are no class where I live too, sad story ...
But if you want to talk with native speakers, you can go here : www.interpals.net I talk with a lot of koreans...in english lol it's maybe easier if you already have a good level :)
I can read hangul but I can't understand it XD