As I am what I'd like to call a lover of music from the 1960's, I would like to know what all of you think about the Beatles, particularly which of the albums (Abbey Road (1969) or Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)) do you prefer? For me, my favorite album is Abbey Road. Though not the most innovative of Beatles albums, this album resonates with me because of its use of continual play. What I mean is, some songs span several tracks and are meant to be played in sequence. "Golden Slumbers" is my favorite of these. What is your favorite of these two...or is your favorite another album? I'd like to hear from you.
of those two abby road...favorite beatles album is a hard days night..the title track and I should of known better and can't buy me love :) you don't even need to get up and turn the thing over...just play that side and bebop with your friends all night
I really like "I Should of Known Better;" I used to jam to that when I was younger. My favorite song when I was a kid was "All My Loving" because its the song my parents used to sing me to sleep.
Sgt. Pepper is my favorite Beatles album. I think Magical Mystery Tour might be my 2nd favorite. My favorite Beatles song is "A Day in the Life." Ah, I love all their songs! Even #9 (if one can consider that a song - so wacky :p).
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band! This would have made a great poll! I love them all though.
Funny. I've been going through every piece of crap in my house getting ready for our big move and I came across a Rolling Stone magazine I had saved from a few years back. It was an article about the Beatles and what really lead to their breakup. They specifically spoke about those two albums because the creation of them directly effected the tensions within the group that led to the break up. John HATED Sgt. Pepper and the whole "showmanship" element to the album and Abbey Road was actually created at a time when there was so much fighting within the group they were barely speaking with each other. The Album "Let it Be" was actually created before Abbey Road and released after. I found it interesting. Anyway... I am picking Abbey Road because I personally like more of the songs on that album as opposed to Sgt. Pepper. As much as I love the pairing of Lennon/McCartney and their writing, one of my favorite Beatles songs is Here Comes The Sun, written by George Harrison.
I'll have to find that article; thanks! I'm always looking for more Beatles related research/interviews. I can't wait till this fall, when I'll be taking a class on the Beatles films. I'm super-stoked for it! :D
What a tough choice. I would have to say it is a tie. Abbey Road and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band are THE best albums by the Beatles. They were born geniuses. Especially the song writing duo of Lennon-McCartney. Greatest ever in my opinion. :)
Abbey road among them, I like most of the songs in it. But if its about fav Beatles album, I would say "love".
Love the Beatles!

I'd pick Abbey Road~~Epic album even though I can't get the lyrics right! lol I can listen to the whole album day in and day out. Come Together and Something are both great songs and even though Maxwell's Silver Hammer is morbid, it really left a lasting impression on me.

I used to learn their songs on guitar and my favorites are Here, There and Everywhere from Revolver, 'Til There was You (With the Beatles), Across the Universe (Let it Be), If I Fell (A Hard Day's Night), Blackbird (The White Album), A Day in the Life (Sgt. Pepper's)and lots more.