I am interested in male friendship/ bonding themes or very close brotherhood or partnership that is supportive. I think you call it bromance sometimes. Preferably no makjang or as little as possible ;-; When I think of the theme, I come up with: Don Quixote Padam, Padam Ojakgyo brothers TaeGukGi - very powerful. Joint Security Area Giant King of Baking Kim Tak Gu and Can you hear my heart (but there was makjang there) and yes I guess Hana Yori Dango/Boys before flower touch upon that theme, but it's not too deep. The Princess Man had elements of it as well. Good luck had it inasmuch as it also was a student-mentor and team relationship, but it was a form of bonding. And I enjoyed this theme in good luck. Dae Mul is also a nice example of what I'm looking for as it had those very elements in the relationship between the main lead and his boss and it was sort of bantering but it was supportive. So the theme can extend to "professional partnership". Do you have any other suggestions where I could find such a theme? Any genre, any country will do.
Shut up flower boy band
@bokami: haha you seem to really like that movie ^^ NBut;s not really Asian, I think :D @Ali. thanks.
Nobuta wo Produce, the guys in it developed a really strong friendship. :)

If I remember correctly the students in Gokusen had strong bonds.

The waiters in Coffee Prince

I Want to Become a Hard Persimmon
how bout sismance?
You should watch Tumbling; boys that bond over a sport and realize that they are closer than they think. Gokusen is another great bonding drama.
bokami wrote: how bout sismance?

Which dramas have you seen with sismance?
Completely forgot: Secret Garden lol The cousins XD
Sleepninja wrote: Which dramas have you seen with sismance?

Love Forward is a sismance lol (what a word)
bokami wrote: how bout sismance?

LOL, bokami...:p

I wonder if Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei would fall under this theme....They even have a female in the group.
Gokusen. But I never really liked it myself. And if you are REALLY into bromance. Then I think you should watch Rainbow. It's an anime, quite a highly rated one, AND Oguri Shun voices the lead.
3 idiots, Munnabhai, Lagaan, Seven Samurai
from your PTW list, brother beat
then,,
kimutaku's drama engine
and i agree nobuta wo produce ..my most fav drama about friendship..
yukan club also funny, but actually i watched it because of Jin :P

then if you're ok with female friendship too, then LIFE,,it's on your ptw list :)