DarkZone:

Honestly, I don't mind sad ending. I'm used to it. I just got bored when the story focused on the palace's intrigues. I saw many chinese dramas and the plot was just too common :( It's similar to what happens when you watch too many k-dramas. I watched over 100 k-dramas and nowadays it's very hard to find something interesting... I drop almost every drama I start watching :(

Yeah, I can definitely understand what you mean.... Even though I watched only close to 70 kdramas, I started seeing the same things everywhere. It's hard for me to find something really refreshing, especially when I am looking at a particular country and genre. I've noticed that I find gems mostly when I start dramas that are slightly out of my usual comfort zone.

Linus:

Yeah, I can definitely understand what you mean.... Even though I watched only close to 70 kdramas, I started seeing the same things everywhere. It's hard for me to find something really refreshing, especially when I am looking at a particular country and genre. 

I really miss the old times, when most dramas were exciting and I would spend the whole days watching k-dramas :( 

DarkZone:
I'll give it a try then :) Thank you :)

You're welcome! I hope you enjoy it :)

The Myth is an obscure one but is quite different from the typical historical/romance, watch at your discretion.

+1 Legend of Lu Zhen

If you don't mind historical drama set in the 1900s, try Lady & Liar, I liked it  more than Cruel Romance, feels more romantic. There's also The Disguiser, which was thrilling.

Noble Aspirations was decent, heavy on fantasy/wuxia, if you like that.

I usually don't usually suggest this (it's usually the other way around), but I recommend, if you're ever having trouble finding a good chinese historical drama, try looking towards sageuks, Empress Ki/Moon Lovers are big ones.

For Romance = I like "Lost Love in Times"

But, for a historical with everything that i like on a drama i would recommend "Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan" was my first C-DRAMA. Made me love  the historical ones! - MY FAVORITE.  I watched four times now. hahaahaha

Empress Ki and Dong Yi are  my favorites Sageuk Kdramas.

Thank you, guys! I added some dramas to my PTW and I started watching The Eternal Love :) Thank you, again! :)

I Justs watched Heavy Sweetness Ash - like Frost and it was AMAZING. I really recommend it :)

Caro :

I Justs watched Heavy Sweetness Ash - like Frost and it was AMAZING. I really recommend it :)

Thank you for reminding me, I still have this show on my 'to see' list.

I'm a sucker for romance and happy endings, so I enjoy(ed) watching:

Go Princess Go (same production team as General and I, only this show is an earlier project, less budget, more campy, and hilarious)

Untouchable Lovers (reminded me a bit of Eternal Love with lost memories/identities)

Story of Yanxi Palace (strong heroine like PWY and comic relief as well)

Oriental Odyssey (still running)

Okay I’m gonna give you  recommendations of dramas I have watched, or plan to watch having done good research on them already:
1. Mystic Nine
2. Cruel Romance
3.Let’s Shake It
4. Lady and Liar
5. Perfect Couple
6. Cuo Dian Yuan Yang
7. Rule the World
8. Lost Love in Time
9. Story of Yanxi Palace
10. Eternal Love (1,2)

Is there a lot of romance in  Story Of Yanxi Palace?

I would definitely recommend :  (which has happy ending)

1. lost love in times

2. ashes of love (this is my favorite)

3. ten miles of peach blossoms (the best cdrama that made me crave for more historical)

4. love 020 (its not  historical but they have scenes from a game where they have good costumes)

5.  the eternal love (1 and 2)

6. legend of fu yao

peluchita74:

Is there a lot of romance in  Story Of Yanxi Palace?

IMO,  this is more of a revenge drama.  I wouldn't seek it out to fulfill an interest in a romance drama.  

Thanks! I think I will skip it then.

no no no--do NOT skip Story of Yanxi Palace! It is a lovely very slow burn type of romance, with an admirable, smart FL you wish could be your BFF.  This drama is well-written, acted, filmed and produced--truly one of the best of 2018, if not THE best. Great ending, too.