2 more found on these posts

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/general-discussion/31648-2018-watch-challenge-discussion?page=24

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/general-discussion/35071-too-old-for-kdramas-kpop?page=2

I know there is a post about it already regarding putting a hold on new acct's before they are able to post...I think it may be very wise to really think about doing this :o)

SweetBabyBrat:
I know there is a post about it already regarding putting a hold on new acct's before they are able to post...I think it may be very wise to really think about doing this :o)

Like seriously... asap

Ooops, it looks like I've doubled up on some of SweetBabyBrat's links/users.  Not sure which ones are new or double-posts (since the threads are all so similar in name), so I'll just leave the ones I've posted....

I'm sure there's going to be more very soon.  This is really absurd.  :(   I agree with SweetBabyBrat, that you might want to consider putting some type of time-limited hold (for posting anywhere on the site: new threads, replies, comments elsewhere, etc.) on new Users.

EDIT: New ones already.  Looks like just one person flip-flopping back and forth between 2 accounts.  For any new ones I see by these 2 accounts, I'll just use the Report function from this point forward.

A few thoughts on how to combat the spam:

1- Time-Limited hold on new users/accounts (1 week perhaps?), with a message apologizing for the hold and explaining why it's in place.

2- If you don't want to frustrate legitimate new users, give Mods the ability to delete spam comments/threads/accounts (this is assuming they don't already have this ability). 

3- If there aren't enough Mods to handle the problem (just not enough of them in general, or aren't online frequently enough), perhaps ask for volunteers for a "Spam Squad", who would only have the ability to deal with spam.  

Maybe put some requirements in place when accepting volunteers - must have been registered for X amount of time, must be online/active on the site frequently, etc.  

If you don't want anyone other than Admin/Mods to have the ability to delete comments/threads/accounts, maybe give the Spam Squad the ability to "lock" an account and make comments/threads invisible until an Admin/Mod reviews it.  This would halt the spammer and "clean up" the forums, and minimize any potential abuse (people deleting comments/threads/accounts that they shouldn't).

Neyjour:
A few thoughts on how to combat the spam:

1- Time-Limited hold on new users/accounts (1 week perhaps?), with a message apologizing for the hold and explaining why it's in place.

2- If you don't want to frustrate legitimate new users, give Mods the ability to delete spam comments/threads/accounts (this is assuming they don't already have this ability). 

3- If there aren't enough Mods to handle the problem (just not enough of them in general, or aren't online frequently enough), perhaps ask for volunteers for a "Spam Squad", who would only have the ability to deal with spam.  

Maybe put some requirements in place when accepting volunteers - must have been registered for X amount of time, must be online/active on the site frequently, etc.  

If you don't want anyone other than Admin/Mods to have the ability to delete comments/threads/accounts, maybe give the Spam Squad the ability to "lock" an account and make comments/threads invisible until an Admin/Mod reviews it.  This would halt the spammer and "clean up" the forums, and minimize any potential abuse (people deleting comments/threads/accounts that they shouldn't).

These recommendations are brilliant. 

As MDL get popular we need to combat spams. Hopefully, we will have a solution soon with our limited resources.

Why not use captcha? They are annoying but don't they work?

ShotaSidePart:

Why not use captcha? They are annoying but don't they work?

They don't really work, but we will look for a solution

Anyone here interested in becoming a forum mod / spam killer?