At this point in time, TPoC is the only serious historical costume drama airing, right? The others right now are all light and fluffy eg Qing Qing Zi Jin, Marry Me, Maiden Holmes (just finished this week also), the upcoming Oh! My Sweet Liar!

Even though CY is ML, I'm feeling his character is like a second male lead. Coz, his brother (emperor) is the one who got everything including FL. You know the emperor is the one who got all 3 sisters (FL and her 2 sisters).

I'm not even rooting for ML and FL to end up together, it's better for ML to die alone or be killed in the war for ending. 

Amanda Ainsworth:

Even though CY is ML, I'm feeling his character is like a second male lead. Coz, his brother (emperor) is the one who got everything including FL. You know the emperor is the one who got all 3 sisters (FL and her 2 sisters).

I'm not even rooting for ML and FL to end up together, it's better for ML to die alone or be killed in the war for ending. 

yep i hope ML finds another girl who cares for him instead grooming FL kid as emperor

Amanda Ainsworth:

Same. I am not rooting for ML and FL together, too. Once she married his brother, their relationship is doomed. Really want to know when the truth comes out, what will FL do then? Protecting her husband because he has been kind to her?

ML better dies as far as possible from the FL. Somewhere in the middle to end, pretty sure I will end up ranting about the FL, hahahaha.

Xien_Rue:

Same. I am not rooting for ML and FL together, too. Once she married his brother, their relationship is doomed. Really want to know when the truth comes out, what will FL do then? Protecting her husband because he has been kind to her?

ML better dies as far as possible from the FL. Somewhere in the middle to end, pretty sure I will end up ranting about the FL, hahahaha. 

hmm FL grows heart for her husband and her kid pushing away ML in the later parts of the drama and even her kid harms ML hmm hmm i can't take it

Drama Empress:

yep i hope ML finds another girl who cares for him instead grooming FL kid as emperor 

True! I also don't like that annoying girl (princess) who is crush on him. 

Drama Empress:

hmm FL grows heart for her husband and her kid pushing away ML in the later parts of the drama and even her kid harms ML hmm hmm i can't take it

I am here for the ML though. So the more FL annoyed me, the more I will side with ML, hahahaha. Also since this is a heavy drama, seeing how Cheng Yi acts in here will be a treat for me. 

In episode 11, FL already feel that she needs to repay her husband sincerity even though she still saying that her heart is Cheng Xu's.

Xien_Rue:

CY's character here is more suffering than Si Feng. At least we know how much XJ loves SF since the very beginning, although she didn't know "love" .  

The love between the leads here is becoming forbidden and toxic. I don't like FL's personality here, can't understand what she wants to do. The emperor is two-faced dude.

Xien_Rue:

I am here for the ML though. So the more FL annoyed me, the more I will side with ML, hahahaha. Also since this is a heavy drama, seeing how Cheng Yi acts in here will be a treat for me. 

In episode 11, FL already feel that she needs to repay her husband sincerity even though she still saying that her heart is Cheng Xu's. 

Right, seeing CY alone and his acting is enough for me to continue. 

I won't buy if FL is smart and strong lady. They want us to think that way. 

Amanda Ainsworth:

True! I also don't like that annoying girl (princess) who is crush on him. 

Sadly, I have a feeling that the King (either his brother or his nephew later on) will bestow her in marriage to him. But, as I see in the trailer Cheng Xu will ignore her. Sigh, why the drama always give us a very loyal male lead but a logical female lead who always about move on? It gives a terrible image to us women. Not that move on is bad or anything. But the heart is not a machine. Your love should not be that cheap. 

Does marrying the King is the only solution? She is written as smart woman. In the end, she can only think of that solution? Also, she should have told her sister about her infatuation earlier and stay away from other man, for fear of miss-understanding. This is not modern day when we women are free to have friendship with any male we want.

Amanda Ainsworth:

CY's character here is more suffering than Si Feng. At least we know how much XJ loves SF since the very beginning, although she didn't know "love" .  

The love between the leads here is becoming forbidden and toxic. I don't like FL's personality here, can't understand what she wants to do. The emperor is two-faced dude.

We should not hope for any fluttering romance here. It is a palace story anyway. In reality, harem is toxic and miserable. I only hope that Cheng Xu can get his peace in the end.

The King is a disgusting man. His wife, too. 

Female lead personality, I need to watch more episodes to make judgment on that. So far, she is still in pain on having to let go her dream of living together with ML so she is bearable to me. When she sided with her husband and her son, then perhaps I will hate her. Let see how she protects her lover for now. I fear that this mindset of hers will soon change as soon as she get pregnant.  

Xien_Rue:

we have to wait till Qi Yuan  strips ML powers and he dies ha ha and FL becomes regent may they shoot for second chance there hmmm

Xien_Rue:

Sadly, I have a feeling that the King (either his brother or his nephew later on) will bestow her in marriage to him. But, as I see in the trailer Cheng Xu will ignore her. Sigh, why the drama always give us a very loyal male lead but a logical female lead who always about move on? It gives a terrible image to us women. Not that move on is bad or anything. But the heart is not a machine. Your love should not be that cheap. 

Does marrying the King is the only solution? She is written as smart woman. In the end, she can only think of that solution? Also, she should have told her sister about her infatuation earlier and stay away from other man, for fear of miss-understanding. This is not modern day when we women are free to have friendship with any male we want. 

Agree! ML should also move on. you're right, the Emperor will arrange marriage to ML with that annoying princess.

Now, FL wants to give birth to a child of Emperor. She must be crazy, it's not like the Emperor lacks of sons.

The battle between ML and his nephew later on would also be stressful.

Drama Empress:

we have to wait till Qi Yuan  strips ML powers and he dies ha ha and FL becomes regent may they shoot for second chance there hmmm

If I was Cheng Xu, I will not be so forgiving to this woman, hahahaha. Will be like Si Feng, run away to far place. But unlike Si Feng, would not hope to ever meet the female lead again.

Well, sadly I don't think that she will let go of her position. I read somewhere that her son will died too and she will become regent to her grandson ....

Hopefully by that time Cheng Xu already fed up with her and his brother progeny and no longer care of their fate.

Amanda Ainsworth:
Now, FL wants to give birth to a child of Emperor. She must be crazy, it's not like the Emperor lacks of sons.

The first thing she must do is drinking medicine to make her sterile. Married to someone you don't love is something. But voluntarily give birth to that man child is another thing entirely. A child will in a way bind you forever because he is the result of the union.