Currently Watching: Fighter of the Destiny

Currently Watching: Fighter of the Destiny

I am writing this article as I sit here in agony because the 12th episode of this show has not been subbed yet. The fact that it doesn't have subtitles doesn't bother me as much as the fact that the 13th and 14th episodes have already been subbed! It's driving me mad.

So yeah, that's where I'm at right now, dying to watch this amazing show.

Y4aAg7a4_ba5a92_f.jpg

One thing you have to know about me is that I haven't seen as many C-Dramas as I wish. The last one I completed was When a Snail Falls in Love, which was amazing. After becoming addicted to Fighter of the Destiny, I definitely need to watch more C-Dramas!

I originally found this show through another article on this site (20 Upcoming Spring Dramas Everyone Is Excited About!) where it caught my attention when I saw that Lu Han was going to be starring in it. Yes, Lu Han, former EXO member, and all-around amazing person. (Yes, this my personal opinion. Shh, I love him, okay?)

To be honest, I was a little hesitant to start watching this show because A. It's 55 episodes long and only recently started airing (the waiting is killing me) and B. While I enjoy C-Dramas, I'm not a huge fan of the historical/fantasy ones. Thankfully, I broke down and started watching it and I was not disappointed!

mLnp6Ww4_74e1af_f.jpg

Fighter of the Destiny was adapted from a novel of the same name by the author Mao Ni.

Our main character is the beautiful and incredibly intelligent Chen Chang Sheng, played by Lu Han, who has been cursed with the destiny to not live past the age of 20. Refusing to accept his fate, Chen Chang Sheng leaves the temple where he has been raised his whole life in order to change his destiny.

q1XARKbL_adfb23_f.jpgM4PO7ez3_0dfab4_f.jpg

From that point on, Chen Chang Sheng goes through many trials and tribulations and meets many different and unique individuals in order to change his fate.

Just knowing this much, I was already interested in the show. I needed to know more: Why is he sick? What kind of person is he? Who is he going to meet? Will there be romance?

From the storyline of the show to the characters to the beauty of everything and everyone, Fighter of the Destiny has been great so far.

Chen Chang Sheng is such a kind man. The show really tears you up inside knowing that he's fighting for his life. Lu Han does an amazing job as Chen Chang Sheng, a great job portraying this kind-hearted individual going through many struggles just to survive.

I've seen Lu Han in The Witness and Time Raiders. Both were movies I really enjoyed. Seeing him in Fighter of the Destiny makes me proud and I'm looking forward to the future drama roles he will take as this is the first drama he has done.

giphy.gif

tumblr_odnhbsqiTC1ralgblo8_r2_500.gif

All of the different characters with their unique personalities add to the show, and the humor that some bring really helps lighten some of the more intense moments. Here are a few of the characters:

Y4aAg7m4_59cf7c_f.jpgM4PO7ej3_b27fb5_f.jpg

Bextiyar Gülnezer as Xue You Rong and Wu Janice as Bai Luo "Luo Luo" Heng

jLl926j3_a609be_f.jpgPLplnjOL_87c794_f.jpg

Yao Di as Nan Ke and Zeng Joseph as Tang "Tang 36" Tang

71NQVNq4_5673d5_f.jpg

Gao Han Yu as Xuan Yuan Po and Chen Shu as Shen Hou "Divine Empress"

p1RRKKN1_98815c_f.jpg

Of course, I can't leave out Qiu Shan Jun played by Zhang Johnny. (Wipes drool)

As you can see from just the characters' images, this is a really beautiful show. Not only are the characters beautiful, but also the landscapes and settings.

tumblr_obqe1gYP781smeb7do6_540.jpg

CrMJY7UUEAAnjqO.jpg

tumblr_obqcqhRcvW1smeb7do7_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_obqcqhRcvW1smeb7do6_r1_540.jpg

This is an amazing show and I highly recommend checking it out. It is currently airing on Hunan TV, but you can find it on Youtube under YoYo Television Series Exclusive. Be careful to select the correct one as they are uploading two versions of each episode, one that is subtitled and one that is not.

Here is the trailer for the show:

You can find the subbed first episode here: Fighter of the Destiny 01.

As I continue to suffer waiting for the next episode to be subbed, why don't you join me in this agony? Please give Fighter of the Destiny a chance so we can suffer together.

Til next time! ~Cub

Ayumu 14 days ago

Is it really good ? I mean, the story is okayy but the thing is that I cannot really stand Bextiyar Gulnezer (she is too stiff) and I can't really portray Lu Han as an actor.
    So I don't know if I should watch it or not.

loveanimeever 18 days ago

It's Mo Yu and Tang 36 not Nan Ke.

Laugarza 18 days ago

I'm enjoying it so far. It's not that intense, but I like the pacing and the fact Luhan's character is so mellow. I don't get why everyone has to always be trying to kill him. I can't wait for everyone to find out how amazing his character is leading up to be and feel bad for trying to kill him so often.

Waiting for subs is always torture LOL, but it's understandable when drama isn't yet on a site like Dramafever. The subbers have to do all the timing and translating so it takes time. I'm more paranoid the subbers will get annoyed/offended by people demanding subs and stop translating the drama. So subbers Jiayou!!!!!

Maral 19 days ago

Love it...specialy with LuHan

keifferodartseam 19 days ago

I like cdramas that have fantasy kind of genre...so I already add it on my plan list. . and I'm waiting for it to complete.. coz waiting for the subs is a torture. . . gosh....
    so I really hope this is a good one. . . just like many comments I read. .

bajanVIP 19 days ago

Love this drama but as many others said waiting on the subs is torture omg. I either watch the subs on YouTube (subs it the quickest) or on kissasian. Requested it on dramafever... saw they have a page for it but not sure when they'll release it

Vampirella 20 days ago - edited

I wish the subs for this show were better! Sometimes it seems so much like word to word translation, which makes me crazy :/
    So i will be forever waiting for decent subs xD Or maybe netflix, viki or co might get the rights to this drama? Would be awesome *_*

iXiumin 20 days ago

I've searched it on dramafever, I think they have the rights or are trying to get them. They did the same with Eternal Love so it might take a while.

Vampirella 20 days ago

Really? That's good to hear (or maybe not, considering that i can't watch many Dramas on dramafever because of my country). I also "requested" it on viki. Hopefully one or the other will get the rights :)

May 20 days ago

I'm totally addicted to this show too! Waiting for subs is torchure lol

reynandadiyastha 20 days ago - edited

where i can watch this drama with english sub?

jia 20 days ago

There's not much romance going on in the drama but I still love it <<3

destiny909 20 days ago - edited

There is zero chemistry between the main couple! I am at episode 24 where they are physically expressing their fondness for one another, and they fail to convince me of their feelings. The female lead is too wooden and looks anorexic. Janice has more chemistry with Luhan. I think she plays the impish very well.

I find the pacing to be really slow; I have been fast-forwarding the last couple of episodes.

Jordan 20 days ago

That is the feel I got and so I stopped after EP 6 though o can't comment in her weight since most teases and actors are thin

Mimi 16 days ago

Omg same i keep on wanting to drop it because of how stiff the female lead is n also it is a little slow but I'm still watching for Janice wu(Luo Luo). I'm like really shipping Janice n luhan

Sho 20 days ago

i started watching this drama because of lu han and i definitely wasn't disappointed
    i didn't /really/ get into the show until 3 or 4 episodes in as i usually am very picky about my c-dramas and especially j-dramas because i normally watch k-dramas

but wow, this show is so good. while the CGI is most definitely not the best (but not the worst either)....nor are some of the fight scenes, it has so many other good elements that just got me hooked.

Wonderweiss 20 days ago - edited

read some manhua with the same theme of cultivation (I think it's common in chinese dramas..) and I really love the story.. it might be slow paced but one episode goes so fast TT

tho Luhan's so pretty beside the female characters I can't stop looking at him XD
    Wu Janice character is so fluffy here *w*

amourexdile 20 days ago

I watched the first episode and I didn't hate it. It had a lot of fantasy elements that seemed a little corny to me but I am not a huge fan of fantasy in general. I read a lot of comments expressing concern about Luhan's acting abilities but I thought he acted pretty well. He has a very expressive face. I haven't decided if I want to continue it or not.

Jordan 20 days ago

I tried so hard to like it ! i really did! I got up to episode 6, and thought i could hang in there until episode 10...looking back I think it had to do with the pacing and characters. currently i am watching shows with a lot going on (early on) in terms of plot and schemes...I just couldn't be engaged. I say give it a shot because you might like it; it just didn't engage me and these shows can be very subjective in terms of quality

MisbehavingCub's most recent articles...