8. Kanojo wa Kirei datta - the FL likes this one children's book. It keeps her inspried to not give up and keep moving forward. Later in the drama, she even decides on a career change because of it.

9. W: Two Worlds (so many manhwa volumes, all relating Kang Chul's backstory. And the current volume being written, changed when the characters discovered how to go between worlds.)

10. Kill Me, Heal Me (throughout the story, Oh Ri On gathers notes for his next mystery novel, and even promises not to publish it any more after he becomes friends with CDH. In the end, he still publishes it, LOL, because he's a contrarian.)

10 historical dramas/movies where the MLs (can be any of the main cast) have a pet that plays some role in the story (whatever they do, even if it's just a stop-and-pet-and-the-ML-is-attacked kind of trope). 

Can't be just a pet being around, or a pet/human character (like a shape-shifter, for example a gumiho or whatever.) Just a regular pet. Edit: can also be a working animal, except for horses (too many horses in historical dramas LOL.) Like, for example, Ji Chong's hunting hawk in The Wolf. (The hawk is a spy for JC).

1. The Untamed - It's the stop-and-pet type. They don't have any specific role but it think there is a scene where ML looks at the rabbit and misses the other ML.

I'm not sure tho it's been long since I've seen it. Also does this count?

DeobiMars:

1. The Untamed - It's the stop-and-pet type. They don't have any specific role but it think there is a scene where ML looks at the rabbit and misses the other ML. 

It sure counts. Those bunnies are definitely placeholders for the love story, LOL, to go around the censorship :D

DeobiMars:

Haha how could i forget the untamed .Do you remember the donkey too lol.)

2.Neko Zamurai- A samurai was contracted to assassinate a cat but he ended up keeping it  

while you were sleeping isnt a historical drama

ani:

while you were sleeping isnt a historical drama

I know, I realized it after I posted it oops. 

3. Novoland: Pearl Eclipse - Ti Lan has a rabbit for a while and she takes care of it. It also gets sick and that forms a minor subplot.

Jenipeo:
a tamed/shapeshifted ancient demon beast thing

It wouldn't count, no.

It's starting to look to me like in any historical drama, people usually don't have pets, or if they do, the pets are somehow magical and the like. Modern dramas have plenty of pets, but it's rather hard finding any no-special purpose pet in historicals... except for bunnies, LOL. Bunnies are everywhere :D

Except for The Untamed - Lan Zhan and his bunnies, Wei WuXian and Lil'Apple, Nie Huaisang's canary, Jin Ling's dog, even Wen Chao's silly big-ass wolf thing? And the Wen Clan owl-hawk-chicken whatever that thing was LOL.

ShortCircuit:

It wouldn't count, no.

It's starting to look to me like in any historical drama, people usually don't have pets, or if they do, the pets are somehow magical and the like. Modern dramas have plenty of pets, but it's rather hard finding any no-special purpose pet in historicals... except for bunnies, LOL. Bunnies are everywhere :D

Except for The Untamed - Lan Zhan and his bunnies, Wei WuXian and Lil'Apple, Nie Huaisang's canary, Jin Ling's dog, even Wen Chao's silly big-ass wolf thing? And the Wen Clan owl-hawk-chicken whatever that thing was LOL.

Yeah, this is tough. Then again I also don't have a huge watched list to draw from.

I am trying to find the name of the Chinese historical/fantasy drama I watched a while ago. I seem to remember a main character (the FL lead?) or at least an important character somehow hecoming another person who owned a snake? She was scared of it at first, but had to pretend to be the original person. Was it in some sort of fake dream world or something? Anybody have any idea what I am talking about? I am looking. I am sure it is something really obvious.

Edit: Eternal Love of Dream 

I knew it would be something obvious. Does it count? The snake wasn't magic if I remember correctly.

Jenipeo:
Anybody have any idea what I am talking about?

Eternal Love of Dream

Oh! Does this count?

4. River Where the Moon Rises - ML and his mom have a puppy. ML and FL play with it and interact with it several times?

Rainbow:

Eternal Love of Dream

Yeah, I figured that out a few minutes after I posted that, thanks. Wonder if it counts?

5. Eternal Love of Dream - snake, dream world, etc. See above overly-long post.

Also, I haven't seen them but if there is a cat in Neko Zamurai then what about the sequel and movies? Someone else can look into it and post them unless this stalls, as I have hit my unspoken-rule-of-three contributions. Assuming the last two count.

I guess a series with the same title/characters would still count as one (I'm in my Gimli mood and doing the Gimli voice right now, though you can't see me :D)

River Where the Moon Rises and Eternal Love of Dream count, though. 

6. Tale of the Nine-Tailed (it's going back and forth between the present (?) and the historical/fantastic past where there are kings and whatnot) and the half-gumiho has a pet puppy that sadly dies pretty fast IIRC. He's heartbroken over him and that leads to him being mad at his bro', the ML.  I guess that would fit, in a pinch.

edit, 6, I meant 6 LOL.

And edit again, 

7. The Sleuth of Ming Dynasty - the freaking cute goat LOL. Can't believe I forgot about it. It belonged to Tang Fan's newly adopted sister (the one who used to be his landlord's maid) and it enters the story as part of the menu then ends up staying as a pet. TF's longing looks toward it when he learns he's not going to eat it LOL.