The RANT Thread Part Deux: Back with a vengeance

This discussion has been closed.

*Warning* This rant has several parts.

This first part is less of a rant; more state of confusion.

Why do people assume that I speak Spanish? Or think that I am Hispanic? I have customers talk to me in Spanish or ask if I'm Mexican. My mom has the same thing happen to her. She told me she thinks it's because of her hair. I don't know, I don't see it. Some of y'all have seen my picture. I'm a nerdy little white girl.

I wish customers would quit telling me lame jokes. They tell me jokes I've heard a thousand times before and act like the jokes are new and original. These jokes weren't even funny the first time I heard them.
"Are you workin' hard or hardly workin'?"

Or when I'm checking for counterfeit bills:
"They should be good. I just made them this morning."
Careful, the ink's still wet!"

Hahahahahahahahaha*sarcastic laughter*

Then I get customers that swipe their card, stare at the card machine's screen, then ask what's wrong. ...................(I don't have x-ray vision. I can't magically see through my computer screen to the card machine's screen. I'm not supposed to know what's going on at your end when you are entering your account info. )
So I ask, "What does it say?"

"Card read error."

"It's having trouble reading your card, please slide again." ( I mean, really? WTH! Isn't it obvious what Card Read Error means? You can't get simpler words than that.)

The customer slides again and the same message appears.

"Why is it doing that?"

@#$!%&$#@!#%%%@%$%%^#^%@%$
This is when I wish I could speak my mind. Get a new friggin' card! When your card is held together by tape, or is bent into the shape of a U, IT'S TIME TO GET A NEW CARD!

Also, I'm tired of these stinky customers coming through my line smelling like cat urine and butt. Go wash your A**. Use soap! We sell it here, it's cheap. And if you can't afford it, maybe you should put back that expensive foundation that is 5 shades darker than your actual skin tone. I'm tired of you coming through my line looking like a clown and violating my nose.
LOL SN i know i should be sympathising but im laughing as i type this
I hate when I'm typing a review [just happened a few minutes ago and it was really weird] and I hit backspace a few times - and it deletes the entire review I wrote >__< [like 3 or 4 paragraphs]

*will not bother to write that review tonight*
^^Grrr!^^ Copy and Paste Girl!!!
jeanie65jh wrote: ^^Grrr!^^ Copy and Paste Girl!!!

I'm going to have to start doing that =__= I've never had that problem before
ninja that was hilarious. and i know all about stinky customers. i worked in customer service in 2 different banks. fridays are the days most tellers dread cuz all the crazies, the stinky bus drivers and dirty construction workers who smell like their skin has died and was just left in the sun to rot come and fill up the bank all the way to the door. the unbelievable smell of b.o mixed with urine and alcohol and any other disgusting smell u can think of finds it was into the vent and gets circulated thru the a/c unit. even after the banking hall is empty the smell still remains.

not fun!! :( i feel ur pain but i'm glad i don't have to go thru that anymore. :p
Haha So this one is gonna be short and to the point.

I grossly detest my job and wish that my location of employment would burn down in a blaze of glory.

That is all.

............................Why are you still here? There's nothing more to read. Go on skedaddle! Go watch some dramas da**it! :p
Sleepninja wrote: Haha So this one is gonna be short and to the point.

I grossly detest my job and wish that my location of employment would burn down in a blaze of glory.

That is all.

............................Why are you still here? There's nothing more to read. Go on skedaddle! Go watch some dramas da**it! :p

I heart your rants. must skeedaddle back to ze ozzer plaze...
Ok I have another long one. It's a two-parter.

Earlier I ranted about stinky customers, but I forgot to mention a certain kind. I call them Transformers. Most stinky customers I get I can tell on sight that they are going to be stinky and can prepare myself. They'll have dirty clothes, dirty nails, and hair greasy enough to sustain a McDonalds for a year. I see them and I think, "Ok this one's gonna smell."

Today I had a Transformer. She was nicely dressed, looked clean, makeup was well done, and her hair was pretty and grease free. Then she come within a foot of me and my sensitive nose said, "Oh snap! What the funk?" This lady was from a different breed of stinky customers. Tranformers: Stinkers in Disguise.

Part 2:

On the original rant thread we had, before the hacking incident, some of you might remember I had this really epic rant. I call it The Meatloaf Debacle. I'm not gonna go into too many details, but I will say that it involved meatloaf, red wine, a broken corkscrew, a pocket knife, a cut finger, and a broken oven door handle.

The reason I bring this up is to explain a bit of what my life is like. I have these awesome ideas.........that go wrong. Horribly wrong.

Ok Now to the present.

I started my shift at work today with a migraine. As the day wore on, it got increasingly worse. So bad that I had to go home early. When I got home I decided to take a long hot shower to relax and help get rid of my migraine. Great idea, right? Wrong, ten minutes into the shower I ended up with cold water, shampoo in my eye, and and even bigger migraine. FML!

sleepy ur rant was funny on 2 levels. it's 6am and i just got home from a halloween party (i was a sexy princess) and i am drunk and i still lmao at ur rant. i ♥ the transformers thing cuz i know what u mean. oh poor ninja i do remember the oven door rant :).

now for my own rant.

i really hate when men think that they have such a big impact on ur life but they don't matter at all. case in point a guy who used to bully me in sr. high school ran into me at the costume party and felt he knew so well that he had a right to comment on my life to ppl i had just met. i had to put him in his place and make him realise that the girl he knew 10 yrs ago was young, naive and inexperienced. this woman he has met today does not give a damn who he is or what he did back then. in my everyday life he is not even an after thought. men like him are scum who need to grow up and realise that high school is over and no one cares. granted the alcohol helped to get a few things off my chest with him and i feel good now. hopefully the a$$hole will move past high school and grow a life.
Haha You go girl! I hope you really gave him a good verbal thrashing!
to the employee who's stealing from work: yeah, we all know you're not as dumb as you act, and that the "mistakes" you make are to cover for your theft. funny how after i tell you dozens of times that your stuff needs to start balancing it still didn't, until you got written up for with a warning that you could be fired for it, then all of a sudden everything magically made sense to you and you started balancing. funny.
even the new girl who only started a week ago and has only worked 4 shifts can see through your act and suspects you of messing with her cash.

why do people think they can get away with stealing from their workplace? even if he hasn't been caught in the act yet it's only a matter of time before there's enough evidence/suspicion against this guy to fire him. and the other full timer who they suspect of working with him on it... i wish i could believe it wasn't her because i rather liked her but there's no other way that makes sense. only someone with an alarm code and safe combo could have done what was done, and he doesn't have the safe combo... how strange...

thing with working for a small business with a small staff, it's not hard to narrow this stuff down.
AT&T...I hate you! with the fiery passion of a 1000 burning suns. I do NOT want to come home from vaca with all my services cut off and when I go up to an actual store and speak to someone in person 48 hours later my services are still cut off. It is now 7:30 a.m. where I am and in 30 minutes from now, when you "open" I am going to call you. And when I call you I am going to yell!!! because I'm PISSED! and I might just say every curse word in the book. If I could actually reach through the phone and strangle your collective arses I would.

Jerkface bumholes.
pinkdiamond wrote: ohmgeeeee! Nao from liar game is ticking me off! Why does she keep letting everyone dupe her! Baka! Her faith in man kind was amusing at first, but now...ugh! There is a thin line between being innocent and stupid and she is pushing it! Geez! That is all. Over and out!

amen!!!