The RANT Thread Part Deux: Back with a vengeance

This discussion has been closed.

WOw, that sucks, good luck, I hope you can move out soon!
Sleepninja wrote: That sound ridiculous for her to do that in my opinion. Well hopefully it will be like the incident where she was trying to make you go to bed earlier and she'll back off in a day or two. C4U Fighting!

I'm hoping! And thanks! I was glad she at least gave me my laptop back [can you imagine what she'd do if she found out I spend even more time in forums? But well she sees it on the screen and never says anything]. The truth is I have cut back on dramas. I've been slowly moving forward, if she'd have some patience and work with supporting me I feel I'd be even quicker about it. I just need to spend the next few days filling out job apps [I don't even know how to find some of them online =___=].

Hangebokhan wrote: WOw, that sucks, good luck, I hope you can move out soon!

Thanks! Truth is I don't see myself moving out anytime soon [can't afford it and don't wanna live with my dad]. I know she just wants me to get out more, but the way she's going about it doesn't help me at all. If she'd stop telling me "Oh on Monday [or Tuesday or whatever] we're going to go over to the unemployment office and get set up so we can get jobs" or quit telling me she's going to take me for my permit then maybe I would rely on my dad more [don't live with him]. But she's always bringing it up and it makes me think we might actually do it - never happens and I get yelled at for putting them off. I love her dearly, she's my mom and the only one who really looks out for me - but she's hard to live with sometimes. Anyways... I'm rambling.
wow that sux c4u. u should never let anyone make u feel like crap for being you. why does everyone think it's strange to like asian culture whether it be the music, the movies or dramas etc. if it was french or spanish or maybe even german no one would give a crap. but start talking about japanese, chinese and korean stuff and ppl think u're some kinda weird freak.

ur mom should be happy u're not out there wasting money clubbing every weekend, getting drunk or high and causing trouble. there are a lot worse things ur kids can be into than asian dramas.
boutux wrote: wow that sux c4u. u should never let anyone make u feel like crap for being you. why does everyone think it's strange to like asian culture whether it be the music, the movies or dramas etc. if it was french or spanish or maybe even german no one would give a crap. but start talking about japanese, chinese and korean stuff and ppl think u're some kinda weird freak.

ur mom should be happy u're not out there wasting money clubbing every weekend, getting drunk or high and causing trouble. there are a lot worse things ur kids can be into than asian dramas.

Agreed. And I know! If it's European stuff it's alright [my mom wouldn't care about that because she'd be like our ancestors came from there], but asian stuff it's like it classifies you as a freak like you said. It doesn't. I don't think you have to be born in that culture or have bloodlines belonging to a certain culture to be interested in it [Are people who do archaeology in Egypt Egyptians? Not always]. I like the fact that it's different. I'm going to have a talk with her about it.
oh PD! I'm so sorry. That post makes me ache inside for you. Of course you will rise above and of course you will be fine...but why do some families so tragically forget what that word means? Family should stick together, love and support each other no matter what. Your heart should be the compass for them and not your skin color or your method of worship? They are doing this to themselves...they will regret this and if they don't, even more sad for them.
Awww PD! Fighting! I hope things get better!

PD Fighting!!! She's just being hard-headed, hopefully she will get over it and come to accept you.
wow PD...you are brave...and i respect you even more..i don't know what i would have done in such a situation..i say you just be happy and give them a deaf ear...you have a gawjuss lil man with you and i'm also happy your hubby supports you...take care and stay happy girl xoxo
PD, I'm so sorry you have to go through all that. Hang in there!
PinkDiamond wrote: Thanks ladies! I'm watching Running Man, so I'm sure I'll be in a better mood before going to bed.

Ha! Great flick!
I haven't been in your exact position, but I've been pretty close and his family all spoke a language I didn't understand. It can be hard, but you have the support of your hubby and your child. Sometimes things resolve themselves in time. Sometimes that never happens. At the end of the day, you just have to be happy with you. Your rant sounds like you've realized that, and I know you can continue to be strong. Keep it up <3
Did my neighbors really have to put the music this loud before it was 9 AM? *shakes fist at neighbors*
Ok so I want to destroy whatever it was that kept making that noise at 2 and 4 in the morning. I t sounded like a dying cow and it would do it continuously for 10 minutes. Quit interrupting my sleep. :(