i think the person wrote this article from an untrue assumption, that the people who "donated" to EYK are getting nothing in return. EYK is basically a TV show. like all TV shows you pay to watch it. sure there are things you can get for free but for most things if you want to access it legally, at some point you're going to have to pay. sites like dramafever.com and viki.com have much more traffic than EYK, people stay on the sites longer at a time so they can get more cash for thier advertising slots. those people who did give ARE getting something, continued and improved access to a TV show they like. i see this as no different than people buying CDs or purchasing DVDs or concert tickets, actually it's alot better b/c Simon and Martina allow thier fans a lot more access than mosrt celebs do too. they do live chats, they are on their website responding personally to posters and they dont expect ANYONE to pay for it. if you read their articles and other articles written in the subject they say they didnt even expect to reach half of thier goal. in one article they said they thought at MOST the MIGHT get 7,000, so they were prepared to go forward with thier plans w/out this help. also the author said at least one thing that is demonstrably untrue. "Your idols would never ask for money for themselves" the author is clearly educated, so they have to know how the entertainment industry works. everytime an idol says "please buy our CD!" or "I hope to see you at our concert!" they are, infact, asking you for money in exhange for thier performance. the only difference is the idols have a much larger infrastructure. the money goes first into the entertainment company where it is used to pay for things needed for production (like studio time and employee salary things S&M said they would use the money for) and then a set percentage goes to the idols.
cityhunter83 wrote: i think the person wrote this article from an untrue assumption, that the people who "donated" to EYK are getting nothing in return.

EYK is basically a TV show. like all TV shows you pay to watch it. sure there are things you can get for free but for most things if you want to access it legally, at some point you're going to have to pay. sites like dramafever.com and viki.com have much more traffic than EYK, people stay on the sites longer at a time so they can get more cash for thier advertising slots. those people who did give ARE getting something, continued and improved access to a TV show they like.

i see this as no different than people buying CDs or purchasing DVDs or concert tickets, actually it's alot better b/c Simon and Martina allow thier fans a lot more access than mosrt celebs do too. they do live chats, they are on their website responding personally to posters and they dont expect ANYONE to pay for it. if you read their articles and other articles written in the subject they say they didnt even expect to reach half of thier goal. in one article they said they thought at MOST the MIGHT get 7,000, so they were prepared to go forward with thier plans w/out this help.

Hear Hear! If people find the entertainment EYK provides is of value and want to contribute then I don't see anything wrong with that. I for one still love EYK. I am actually kind of looking forward to this new move to Seoul as they have new places to explore and fun restaurants to go to. They have closer access to the Kpop acts that want to interview with them to have access to their international fans. I did not donate to them but therein lies the beauty. I am not expected to! But if I had chosen to give my money to them it would piss me off for anyone to judge what I found worthy of donation. A well written article voicing an opinion is just that...their opinion. They are entitled to it...and I am free to completely disagree. I hope they reach 100,000.00 soon.
i'm also really looking forward to the new places in seoul and i look forward to how EYK will evolve.
I think the article brought a fresh perspective that I hadn't seen before. I think a lot of the article was iffy. I mean, I can understand where the author is coming from, but then again, it seems like a very biased and unreasonable article. I don't think they got all the facts before doing that, and they definitely left out some points, like said earlier, about Simon and Martina not expecting to reach their goal, or the fact that they left their day jobs for the Nasties....it's a good article and made me think differently, but still...they're a bit off.
aha they are amazing I love their Music Mondays and TLDRs :) Dr. Meemers is so cute too!
I never used to watch before but their Kcrunch Indie is now my favorite part. I used to only watch for the Wanks, the Fap Faps and the TLDR's. Basically everything but the Kpop. Now I watch it all.
Jeaniessi wrote: I never used to watch before but their Kcrunch Indie is now my favorite part. I used to only watch for the Wanks, the Fap Faps and the TLDR's. Basically everything but the Kpop. Now I watch it all.

That's just like me too! I like kpop, but it's not my favorite. I watch all their WANKS, TL;DRs, FAPFAPs, and I watched their WTFs when they had them, but I usually avoided Music Mondays, but now I've been watching more of them since they started Kcrunch Indie.
Ive seen one video from them
I'm less interested in their Kpop videos nowadays. Everything feels set up for only the bigger artists and I'm no longer interested.

Every once in a while I'll watch their other types of videos, like the TL;DRs. Even those are losing my interest because of how much time they spend worrying over angering netizens. I guess their channel is now something I will only occasionally check up on. ;)
they were funny.not anymore