VioletSakura wrote: My friend used to argue with me that mianhae is actually bianhae... who can totally understand Koreans? They just don't say their words clearly...:p

I just think certain letters/sounds are interchangable and it makes sense when you think about how your tongue (and lips) forms in your mouth around those letters/sounds.

B/M
P/B
K/G
J/Ch

There are others but those are the most prevelant ones. They have no V or F in their alphabet so those usually are substituted with a P sound. Coffee becomes Coppee. and others too. But I kind of love it! It's a cool linguistics thing.
Jeaniessi wrote: I just think certain letters/sounds are interchangable and it makes sense when you think about how your tongue forms in your mouth around those letters/sounds.

B/M
P/B
K/G
J/Ch

There are others but those are the most prevelant ones. They have no V or F in their alphabet so those usually are substituted with a P sound. Coffee becomes Coppee. and others too. But I kind of love it! It's a cool linguistics thing.

It's really interesting, but the b/m thing is very weird for me, really... other letter are interchangable in my language too :)
Their way of saying kamsahamnida but writing kamsahapnida... really an interesting language to explore...
i'd been thinking for so long time 'i dont know' is bolla till i realised it's molla hahah
refers to kamsahamnida i heard it's easier and more natural to pronounce 'm' instead of 'p'
Noona - Older Sister. Assaaa - Yeaaah! Aiish! - Oh Crap. Damn it. YA! - Calling to someone informally. Ahjumma - Woman above her 30s. Ahjussi - Man above his 30s.
Eonnie,Noona and Aish~ I'm like,using all my korean phrases that I've learnt from dramas xD And everyone in my house looks at me weird whenever I use them xD
Oh. I sometimes call my parents. Ahjumma and Ahjussi. They think that's how you call your Mother and Father in Korean. LOL. I hope they don't find out or it'll be the end of me. And I'm kind of a tom-boy so I call my sisters Noona and my brother Hyung. I just like those words better than Unni and Oppa. -.- What? Can't I mess with the language? :P
hannaharif wrote: Oh. I sometimes call my parents. Ahjumma and Ahjussi. They think that's how you call your Mother and Father in Korean. LOL.
I hope they don't find out or it'll be the end of me. And I'm kind of a tom-boy so I call my sisters Noona and my brother Hyung. I just like those words better than Unni and Oppa. -.-
What? Can't I mess with the language? :P

Actually, mother is Omma and father is Appa. Ahjumma and Ahjussi are for middle aged strangers and/or acquaintances.
Jeaniessi wrote: Actually, mother is Omma and father is Appa. Ahjumma and Ahjussi are for middle aged strangers and/or acquaintances.

I know that. :P
I just do it for fun.
hannaharif wrote: I know that. :P
I just do it for fun.

Oh, sorry, by your sentence is sounded as if you didn't! :) Sorry about that. LOL. How do they react when you say it?

I know when I use korean expressions around my house I get weird looks. But then they get used to my strangeness after a while. I use OMO! all the time, to all my family. They don't even blink an eye anymore.
my favorite words/expressions are

Ya
jongmal
hyung
jjinja
mworago: they're saying that word so much in Bridal Mask that I ended up using it XD
gotjimal: lie
noona
aish
aigoo
ottoke
michyeosseo
babo: thanks to Heechul and his imitation of SNSD's Gee
Jeaniessi wrote: Oh, sorry, by your sentence is sounded as if you didn't! :) Sorry about that. LOL. How do they react when you say it?

I know when I use korean expressions around my house I get weird looks. But then they get used to my strangeness after a while. I use OMO! all the time, to all my family. They don't even blink an eye anymore.

I think it would be Jae-Su-Hamnida (Chae-sua-mida) :P
Naah. Mulla. (I don't know)
Jeaniessi wrote:

Same here ! My family don't find that bizarre anymore because they are used to it. They have one daughter (me) who keeps using Korean even when she talks to herself, and a son (my dongsaeng^^) who keeps shouting in Japanese like in the animes...
hwaiting/fighting oppa~ yobo~ chagiyo kwak!!! bichasso!!!