images_zps057d0d0a.jpg

Sakai Masato is a Japanese actor and seiyu. Born October 14, 1973 in Miyazaki, Japan. He won the award for best actor at the 31st Yokohama Film Festival for Kuhio taisa and Nankyoku ryourinin[1] and the award for best supporting actor at the 2008 Nikkan Sports Film Award, at the 33rd Hochi Film Award and at the 51st Blue Ribbon Awards. He also received a nomination for best supporting actor at the 32nd Japan Academy Prize.

TV Shows:

Sanadamaru add 50 ( NHK, 2016 )
 Pandora - Eien no Inochi ( WOWOW, 2013 )
Legal High 2  ( Fuji TV, 2013 )
Hanzawa Naoki ( TBS, 2013 )
Legal High SP
Ooku ~ Tanjou ~ Arikoto. Iemitsu Hen (TBS, 2012)
Legal High (Fuji TV, 2012)
Nankyoku Tairiku (TBS, 2011)
Tsukahara Bokuden (NHK, 2011)
Nise Isha to Yobarete ~Okinawa Saigo no Ikaiho~ (YTV, 2010)
JOKER Yurusarezaru Sosakan (Fuji TV, 2010)
Kanryotachi no Natsu (TBS, 2009)
Triangle (Fuji TV, 2009)
Koori no Hana (TV Asahi, 2008)
Atsu-hime (NHK, 2008)
Yo nimo Kimyo na Monogatari 2008 Flashback (Fuji TV, 2008)
Kodoku no Kake (TBS, 2007)
Himitsu no Hanazono (Fuji TV, 2007)
Izumo no Okuni (NHK, 2006)
Engine (Fuji TV, 2005)
Shinsengumi (NHK, 2004)

Movies

Himawari to Koinu no 7-kakan (2013)
Ooku ~ Emonnosuke. Tsunayoshi Hen (2012)
Sono Yoru no Samurai (2012)
Kagi Dorobou no Method (2012)
Tsure ga Utsu ni Narimashite. (2011)
Nichirin no Isan / The Legacy of the Sun (2011)
Bushi no Kakeibo / Abacus and Sword (2010)
Goruden Suranba / Golden Slumber (2010)
The Wonderful World of Captain Kuhio (2009)
Nankyoku Ryurinin (2009)
The Triumphant General Rouge (2009)
Climber's High (2008)
After School (2008)
Kabe Otoko / The Wall Man (2007)
Sukiyaki Western Django (2007)
Hachimitsu to Clover (2006)
Mibu Gishi Den / When the Last Sword Is Drawn (2003)
Harikomi (2001)
Himawari / Sunflower (2000)
Kasei no Waga ya (2000)
I just became a fan of his ^^....
Legal High. Komikado. That's all and he should be given a chance to shine more in such exceptionally well written roles like in legal high. Love the man. and he studied chinese literature and likes to read. My type.
I watch most of his drama..He won Best supporting actor in Shinsengumi outshining most of his fellow actor. I like his character in himitsu no hanazono. The first drama I watch with him in it is Joker: Yurusarezaru Sousakan, his really cool there and that's made me curious about him. He is really talented and I agree with you he need to be given role where he would shine more.
I am yet to watch shinsegumi bit I really want to explore more of his dramas now that I got to really like him in Legal high. and I heard Shinsegumi ios a really good story, so there that;s what my next taiga drama is going to be. I thin he's coming back in Ooku this year- I look forward to this one since Ooku is an interesting story...that is as long as we can accept spome things as they are, I had some issues with the contrivance they used.
His acting in shinsengumi is superb, just bare the first 23 episode it's kinda boring most of the time. I'm in episode 24 right now. Try to watch Himitsu no Hanazono and his movie Golden Slumber their good.
i 1st saw him in joker and i took notice. he can do both funny and serious roles. he's a good actor.
yeah I took notice on him in joker and then I watch legal high and got me really interested in him,also his a seiyu actor (voice actor). I like his voice ^^....
Bladey wrote: Legal High. Komikado.

That's all and he should be given a chance to shine more in such exceptionally well written roles like in legal high. Love the man. and he studied chinese literature and likes to read. My type.

Haha, when I saw this thread I was sure you, Bladey, were the one who started it... :D

But back to Sakai Masato: his Komikado-sensei is just pure genius, my most favourite character in any drama ever. I love everything about Shisengumi so I have to watch this drama too.
It's very historical so it might bored you a little but his acting is superb and the story overall is good.
Sygwen wrote: It's very historical so it might bored you a little but his acting is superb and the story overall is good.

As for Japanese history I have loads of patience, especially if its about Shinsengumi AND has Sakai Masato starring in it :D
yeah the same with me, Personally I'm not into historical drama but if sakai masato was in itI'll see it through..^^
I'm all for historical dramas myself. I just finished Jumong the other day and totally loved it. Shinsegumi is what? 50 episodes? phss, that's nothing :D will finish in a couple of days :P Hahah, sorry Evony, I don't really take the initiative to create threads in the forum so thumbs up to Sygwen here for creating the thread, Sakai-san deserves one for sure ^^ He's also one of the more likeable actors- has a pleasant disposition and just that aura of likeability about him, I appreciate such quality the most.
Actually I was thinking of creating the thread few days ago but somehow I always forget it..and finally I had the time today... n_n