Joker was the drama that introduce me to Sakai-san...
I've seen him in Legal High and recently in Hanzawa Naoki. From now on I'll try to watch all of his movies and shows! But for now can't wait for legal high :D
Sygwen wrote: Joker was the drama that introduce me to Sakai-san...

i going to try out this drama
and "ooku "
I am hesitant about ooku. I watched the first movie and it left me feeling more than lukewarm about the story.
ooku is good bladey I rarely watch historical drama but that one was good.. and an amazing job for Sakai-san BTW Legal High 2 Episode 1 is up...
I would call oooku more a fantasy than a historical drama or maybe a sort of fusion pseudo historical since it deals with an alternate version of history and is based on a manga. The film didn't explain much at all. I;m not a fan of such things, really, I find them rather silly. Anime tends to use it a lot and it turns out lame, so even iof it's Sakai, I am in doubt but I may go for it eventually. Yeah just watched it and so far I am disappointed, they seem to be going for some quasi melodrama and I just don't like where it;s going, it will feel watered down. The entire reaction of the character to something that happened in the episode was just weak on the script. I just don't know what to expect. I don't really like the new characters either
Well now, because of Hanzawa Naoki's popularity they have a Sakai Masato boom... His popularity skyrocketed and resulted in rapidly increasing sales and rentals of his previous movies and dramas, so much so that video shops are considering a separate section for the actor's works. -from tokyohive And legal high 2 had a blast in rating to, it open up higher than hanzawa naoki I was debating with myself if I should watch it now or let the season finish first then marathon it.. So I can't give my opinion yet, hope the story progress smoothly...
Sygwen wrote: Well now, because of Hanzawa Naoki's popularity they have a Sakai Masato boom...
His popularity skyrocketed and resulted in rapidly increasing sales and rentals of his previous movies and dramas, so much so that video shops are considering a separate section for the actor's works. -from tokyohive

WOW! Masato is really rocking everything!

I hope Legal High 2 will be equally good or better than first season or maybe to the level of Hanzawa Naoki. There were some unusual elements in first episode but still it was fun! I hope it'll break record of Hanzawa Naoki :D
LOL Sygwen that is some news! Well he sure deserves the attention and his works have been really good. Go, Sakai-san! Now is the time for him to reap the rewards of his hard work! Tranquil (oohhh I just noticed you're no longer Mercurial lol) if the first episode is any indication I'd be disappointed if Legal high 2 broke the records rather than legal high 1...did they even get awards for it? I forget.
This is without doubt Sakai's year! Hanzawa Naoki and Legal High 2 woot woot!
BladeySteeleye wrote: I"m glad to see this thread so alive/ I"m glad Sakai has had a drama with this much success. He deserves the attention. He was great with Kimura in Nankyoku Tairiku, fantastic in Legal high and this hanzawa naoki is now my top priority list for watching when I get round to watching anything :)

I dstill haven't seen Joker. I expect a lot from that title.

i 1st saw him in joker and he was good. great drama and he fit the role perfectly
BladeySteeleye wrote: Tranquil (oohhh I just noticed you're no longer Mercurial lol) if the first episode is any indication I'd be disappointed if Legal high 2 broke the records rather than legal high 1...did they even get awards for it? I forget.

lol Tranquility is back! ;)

Nope I don't think Legal High 1 got any award. We still have 9 or 10 more episodes. Let's hope for something special :)
@TK: Okay ^^ Yeah I guess it's difficult to judge. I am quite looking forward to it but I think after this first ep I will wait until they air everything. @Boutux Very well then I think I may be developing and appetite for something thrilling and will go let myself be scared by Sakai because the title joler makes me think it;s going to get creepy.
Absolutely loved Sakai Masato as Komikado-sensei! Brilliant actor. He totally deserved an award for Legal High, even though Ohno did really well as Enomoto, Sakai-san's Komikado was way better!
He got an award for Hanzawa Naoki so all is well :) He's got quite a few other awards on his account too.