This was the very first drama I watched, it's 'cause of this I love Japanese dramas, it will forever be one of my favourites ^_^
ruhena wrote: This was the very first drama I watched, it's 'cause of this I love Japanese dramas, it will forever be one of my favourites ^_^

Thank You So Much for leaving an comment here,Ru :p It will be one of my favorites forever too;)
I think I have watched the first two seasons in one night xD
Then I waited a long time for the third one to come out and I even watched the movie from it in RAWS :D
And I still enjoyed it <3
I can't really remember much of the second one and the third one...so i'll make sure i watch them again ^_^
ruhena wrote: I can't really remember much of the second one and the third one...so i'll make sure i watch them again ^_^

Hehe do that :) I am thinking about it too ^-^
I just love all three seasons :)
Especially Matsumoto Jun from season 1:p
I don't really know what I should say about Gokusen...GREAT, AWSOME, FANTASTIC, PERFECT.....is enough? I really think this is one of the most complex and interesting drama/movie! I really love:X:x:x many great actors stars in it like Kamenashi Kazuya, MatsuJun, Akanishi Jin, Nakama Yukie, Oguri Shun and Namase Katsuhisa:)(this guy made my day every episode)
Haha, Gokusen is just awesome <3. The story is great, although some people will be bored after three seasons; I wouldn't mind a fourth ^^ It has also a very good cast and it's funny to see how many actors made their way in the 'showbusiness' by playing their first (notable) role in Gokusen. Like; every time I see MatsuJun, I see his love/hate-relationship with Yankumi before my eyes x] Weird, I know. One of my first dramas and I loved it, I still do. It's definitely one of my favourites. My conclusion: Everyone should at least have watched one episode, because Gokusen is part op the drama-cultre ^o^
Aya97 wrote: I don't really know what I should say about Gokusen...GREAT, AWSOME, FANTASTIC, PERFECT.....is enough?
I really think this is one of the most complex and interesting drama/movie!
I really love:X:x:x
many great actors stars in it like Kamenashi Kazuya, MatsuJun, Akanishi Jin, Nakama Yukie, Oguri Shun and Namase Katsuhisa:)(this guy made my day every episode)

I think GREAT,AWESOME;FANTASTIC and PERFECT does fit Gokusen well :) ^^
And you are absolutely right^^ I fell in love with MatsuJun there and Namase Katsuhisa.....just
WINDSONG wrote: Haha, Gokusen is just awesome <3.
The story is great, although some people will be bored after three seasons; I wouldn't mind a fourth ^^
It has also a very good cast and it's funny to see how many actors made their way in the 'showbusiness' by playing their first (notable) role in Gokusen. Like; every time I see MatsuJun, I see his love/hate-relationship with Yankumi before my eyes x] Weird, I know.
One of my first dramas and I loved it, I still do. It's definitely one of my favourites. My conclusion:
Everyone should at least have watched one episode, because Gokusen is part op the drama-cultre ^o^

That´s right!!That is exactly my thought ! :)
So EVERYONE ...PLEASE WATCH AT LEAST AN EPISODE OF IT...and maybe leave an comment in the Gokusen thread how you found it ...LOL ~But I really want to hear everybodys thought and I am really curious about it
I agree with whomever said every drama addict should watch Gokusen, at least one season. It's not a question of taste: Gokusen is a roundup of unforgettable characters, first and most adorable of all Yankumi. Yankumi is in institution in the j-drama world, and although season after season the situations she's thrown into repeat themselves, or perhaps because of it, most of her sentences, gestures and mantras have become a milestone. There's nothing particularly original in the sub plots regarding the students: they always get in trouble until she comes to the rescue and teaches them that true friendship conquers all and it's important to fight for the people we love. But despite the trope and the dejà-vu feeling, I enjoyed all 3 seasons and even watched the movie - without liking it much, though. It was too hasty and didn't bring anything new to the whole. I think it was meant to gather up old and new students, and I admit it was great to seem them all again.
Therefore, I'm all for listing Gokusen among the must see dramas. If the plot does not appeal to your taste, think that it's like watching all the japanese idols move their first steps in the business.

Oh, and let's not forget the Yakuza family: hilarious, sweet and, again, unforgettable! :D
Did I post that I downloaded this? I did. I am hesitant because of Matsujun. (me no likey) but...I am really tempted solely because of the tons and tons of recommendations I've seen on MDL...and not just in this thread.
amrita828 wrote: I agree with whomever said every drama addict should watch Gokusen, at least one season. It's not a question of taste: Gokusen is a roundup of unforgettable characters, first and most adorable of all Yankumi. Yankumi is in institution in the j-drama world, and although season after season the situations she's thrown into repeat themselves, or perhaps because of it, most of her sentences, gestures and mantras have become a milestone. There's nothing particularly original in the sub plots regarding the students: they always get in trouble until she comes to the rescue and teaches them that true friendship conquers all and it's important to fight for the people we love. But despite the trope and the dejà-vu feeling, I enjoyed all 3 seasons and even watched the movie - without liking it much, though. It was too hasty and didn't bring anything new to the whole. I think it was meant to gather up old and new students, and I admit it was great to seem them all again.
Therefore, I'm all for listing Gokusen among the must see dramas. If the plot does not appeal to your taste, think that it's like watching all the japanese idols move their first steps in the business.

Oh, and let's not forget the Yakuza family: hilarious, sweet and, again, unforgettable! :D

At first thank you for leaving an comment here^^ Phew finally this thread here became more active :)
I absolutely loved the yakuza family...lol I got an whole new image of the yakuza^^There were so many just hirilous scenes^^
And Tetsu....he was one of the characters there I loved there the most! His love for yankumu was supporting,lovely and hirilous funny...
And I can only agrre with the comment regarding the movie..it was there to gather up all the students even though Shin was missing there ;D Even so O weirdly really liked it ,though a few scenes were typically overdone ...I still love the movie right now...actually I have rewatched it fot the fourth time yesterday <3
Jeaniessi wrote: Did I post that I downloaded this? I did. I am hesitant because of Matsujun. (me no likey) but...I am really tempted solely because of the tons and tons of recommendations I've seen on MDL...and not just in this thread.

Who knows, you might even end up liking Matsujun. ;) Furthermore, he's not alone, and although he has a major role, he does not monopolize the screen at all.
I don't imagine it becoming your favourite drama of all times, but I am ready to bet once started you won't drop it: it's addicting. Again, further seasons after the first are more for the pleasure of the eye than any deepening of the plot, so don't expect to philosophize over it, but this drama has the power to ... satisfy, in a very child-like way, and make you go sleep with a grin on your face. :)

@Mirichan. I wrote while you were, so I edit. Thank you for welcoming me in "your" thread. I guess Gokusen is one of those institutions one gives almost for granted, that's why nobody thought of opening a discussion thread before. Thanks for doing it. :D
And Tetsu... ahhhhhhhh, he's priceless!!! :D
amrita828 wrote:
I don't imagine it becoming your favourite drama of all times, but I am ready to bet once started you won't drop it: it's addicting. Again, further seasons after the first are more for the pleasure to the eye than any deepening of the plot, so don't expect to philosophize over it, but this drama has the power to ... satisfy, in a very child-like way, and make you go sleep with a grin on your face.

@Mirichan. I wrote while you were, so I edit. Thank you for welcoming me in "your" thread. I guess Gokusen is one of those institutions one gives almost for granted, that's why nobody thought of opening a discussion thread before. Thanks for doing it. :D
And Tetsu... ahhhhhhhh, he's priceless!!!

Hehe I couldn´t explain my childish love for Gokusen and for Tetsu better ... No problem I love it to welcome people in my favorite threads :p Especially when the threads aren´t so active ;) I don´t know if you remember but do you still now that scene...I think it was in the first episodes in Gokusen 1(?) where Tetsu actually forgot to put in the shopsticks for Yankumi in ?? And then when she was sweet talking him....he was like"shudder,shudder ,Ohh nooooo!!Yankumi is angry and really scary because she is speaking so nice to me!! " Hahahaha it is still stuck in my mind but doesn´t matter when you don´t recall it :)
Mirichan wrote: Hehe I couldn´t explain my childish love for Gokusen and for Tetsu better ... No problem I love it to welcome people in my favorite threads :p Especially when the threads aren´t so active ;) I don´t know if you remember but do you still now that scene...I think it was in the first episodes in Gokusen 1(?) where Tetsu actually forgot to put in the shopsticks for Yankumi in ?? And then when she was sweet talking him....he was like"shudder,shudder ,Ohh nooooo!!Yankumi is angry and really scary because she is speaking so nice to me!! " Hahahaha it is still stuck in my mind but doesn´t matter when you don´t recall it :)

LOL, I would lie if I told you that I remember this scene, although I can almost see it clearly in my mind eyes now that you describe it, so typical of Tetsu it is. :D I do remember another, though, when he's "patrolling" the school ground, pretending to be a vendor of flat cakes and she has a sort of unplanned rendez-vous with that other teacher she has a crush on. Tetsu ends up putting his hand on the hotplate, LMAO. And she's always so oblivious! Hahahaha
If this were a rom-com, I would be terribly annoyed by his behaving like a smitten dog to a woman who likes someone else. But in this case, it just fits perfectly. It fixes the roles of each character, like in a theatrical piece.
amrita828 wrote: LOL, I would lie if I told you that I remember this scene, although I can almost see it clearly in my mind eyes now that you describe it, so typical of Tetsu it is. I do remember another, though, when he's "patrolling" the school ground, pretending to be a vendor of flat cakes and she has a sort of unplanned rendez-vous with that other teacher she has a crush on. Tetsu ends up putting his hand on the hotplate, LMAO. And she's always so oblivious! Hahahaha
If this were a rom-com, I would be terribly annoyed by his behaving like a smitten dog to a woman who likes someone else. But in this case, it just fits perfectly. It fixes the roles of each character, like in a theatrical piece.

Haha I would lie too if I could explain it for sure but now that it is infront of my mind...there is anothere typical secene from Tetsu^^
When Yankumis pupils bought something by that booth where they did always sell their fast-food. One guy wanted to smoke and Tetsu like that:"Pupils who smoke would make their teacher sad":D Hahaha I laughed so much by that scene ;) His yakuza like voice<3
Sorry I am falling into my *Gokusen mode*
I am totally sure I would be totally annoyed by his behaviour if it were an rom-com too~ But in an comedy like plot like in Gokusen he just perfectly fits :p