I loved the ending. But I was a little disappointed with the special. *spoiler* I wanted Yankumi to end up with...what was his name? Shun? I thought they went a little overboard with some of the action scenes. I mean no one on TV can beat people up the way they do and still stand? But I loved how they went into the students lives and how the class was one big group of friends.
Rosebudxo wrote: I loved the ending. But I was a little disappointed with the special. *spoiler* I wanted Yankumi to end up with...what was his name? Shun? I thought they went a little overboard with some of the action scenes. I mean no one on TV can beat people up the way they do and still stand? But I loved how they went into the students lives and how the class was one big group of friends.

I agree about everything. Hm, I think I actually felt very disappointed with the special, but I loved everything that was before that. I think they went a little overboard with a lot of things and not only the action scenes, ha ha, but I accept that because this drama is so incredibly charming. :) There were so many wonderful moments that made me smile. Also, knowing that it's based on a manga makes me more forgiving. ;) And I take comfort in the fact that Yankumi did end up with Shin in the manga. I did not know about that when I watched the drama, but it didn't take long before I got these intense OTP feelings... I think it's interesting, somehow, that even though the drama writers decided not to let it happen that way (I wonder why!!), it was still so obvious that they were so into each other!! I mean, the way he looked at her sometimes.....

I haven't watched the other seasons yet but I plan to do it. It's just that I'm afraid I wouldn't like them as much as season 1...
lily_b wrote: I agree about everything. Hm, I think I actually felt very disappointed with the special, but I loved everything that was before that. I think they went a little overboard with a lot of things and not only the action scenes, ha ha, but I accept that because this drama is so incredibly charming. :) There were so many wonderful moments that made me smile. Also, knowing that it's based on a manga makes me more forgiving. ;) And I take comfort in the fact that Yankumi did end up with Shin in the manga. I did not know about that when I watched the drama, but it didn't take long before I got these intense OTP feelings... I think it's interesting, somehow, that even though the drama writers decided not to let it happen that way (I wonder why!!), it was still so obvious that they were so into each other!! I mean, the way he looked at her sometimes.....

I haven't watched the other seasons yet but I plan to do it. It's just that I'm afraid I wouldn't like them as much as season 1...

Agreed! On top of it they made "hints" regarding a continuation of Shin´s and Yankumi´s relationship ><
When I watched the special, I had high-hopes for it xD
Gokusen! It just sucks that Nakama Yukie and Jun Matsumoto got in a real life quarrel. As it turns out, Jun refused all offers to portray Sawada and expand the Yankumi X Shin pairing. This is one of the reason why Season 2 and Season 3 is on hold for me. :(
^ Whoa, what? So that's what happened? I loved the Gokusen manga and I was so confused with the direction they went with the drama. I had no idea that was going on behind the scenes... :eek:
I know right? It would be awesome if like in Gokusen 2 or 3, Sawada will return to Japan and save Yankumi or something. Haha
I loved seasons 2 and 3 and the movie, even without Shin and even as much as I ship Shinkumi. I also ship Odakumi as well.
Season 2 is the Kat-Tun season right? Haha
Judo_Aniki wrote: Season 2 is the Kat-Tun season right? Haha

Yes. That's how I discovered them. :)
Hahahaha. There you go. :) What amazes me is that Gokusen's seasons are far apart and yet, Nakama Yukie maintained her season 1 looks pretty good. *yes, I'm a fanboy :P*
Judo_Aniki wrote: Hahahaha. There you go. :) What amazes me is that Gokusen's seasons are far apart and yet, Nakama Yukie maintained her season 1 looks pretty good. *yes, I'm a fanboy :P*

She's gorgeous! I love her so much as an actress. She's the perfect Yankumi.
True. I'll even go as far to say that they should re-draw Yankumi to look like Nakama Yukie. lol. How time flies right? They are now casting her for a mom role. (reference to Ghost Mama)
Judo_Aniki wrote: True. I'll even go as far to say that they should re-draw Yankumi to look like Nakama Yukie. lol. How time flies right? They are now casting her for a mom role. (reference to Ghost Mama)

*giggles* They should, right?! I haven't read the manga, though.

Right now, I'm listening to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNLkSkQU3PY

because I'm trying to get into the "fighto-oh!!" spirit, as I'm going to teach for the first time at my new training school tomorrow. :)
lily_b wrote:

because I'm trying to get into the "fighto-oh!!" spirit, as I'm going to teach for the first time at my new training school tomorrow. :)

good luck! :)
I've only seen the first season and loved it, but I kind of refuse to watch the other seasons even though the cast is amazing. This is due to the fact I've read the manga and seen the anime, and with that would've liked Sawada to be in the following seasons as well. So the drama took a turn I didn't like.