I swear I've started like 3 different dramas today only to check the MDL comments to find they do they my least favourite trope - break up, time skip, reunite. 

I don't watch a lot of Japanese dramas, mostly because a lot of them are based on manga I've already read :P. I'm looking for something that meets the following, if such a thing exists:

• slice of life drama
  • the leads have a lot of screen time together (I just finished Fight Song, and while cute the leads don't spend a heck of a lot of time together.)
  • no love triangles or time skips or break ups
  • no enemies to lovers (used to love this trope but I'm not feeling it these days)

Examples: Our Dining Table, Jitenshaya-san no Takahashi-kun

https://mydramalist.com/68809-marry-me  I really love this one. If you liked Fight Song then I guess you might like this one too.

KangSolC:

https://mydramalist.com/68809-marry-me  I really love this one. If you liked Fight Song then I guess you might like this one too.

Thanks  for the recommendation, I actually dropped that one. This was a comment I left on it two years ago:

"Okay I liked the first episode because it looked like we were going to be dealing with a shy, withdrawn person coming out of their shell, and then episode 2 has this whiplash. She's no longer shy or withdrawn (with her husband at least) and feels like a a typical tropey clumsy naive character, which I'm personally less into.

So I'm wondering do I continue? Does the clumsy naive housewife routine improve or is that the tone overall? "

Ivy:

Thanks  for the recommendation, I actually dropped that one. This was a comment I left on it two years ago:

"Okay I liked the first episode because it looked like we were going to be dealing with a shy, withdrawn person coming out of their shell, and then episode 2 has this whiplash. She's no longer shy or withdrawn (with her husband at least) and feels like a a typical tropey clumsy naive character, which I'm personally less into.

So I'm wondering do I continue? Does the clumsy naive housewife routine improve or is that the tone overall? "

Actually it's been quite some time since I watched it so I don't really remember but I guess you're right. That was the overall tone. what about Kanojo wa Kirei datta  or Watashitachi wa Douka Shiteiru   even though they don't satisfy your requirements 100%. Minami-kun no Koibito - My Little Lover this one is cute and fluffy hahaha

Thanks for continuing to try and find something for me :D I actually watched the Korean version of Kanojo wa Kirei datta, and it looks like Watashitachi wa Douka Shiteiru is another one that got dropped. I haven't watched My Little Lover, not sure how I feel about the premise but might be interesting. Thanks again!

You're welcome ^^ I don't watch too many of J-dramas that's why I can't be of much help :')