what do i watch Jeanie? i sincerely want to watch his drama/ movie? recommendations..any?
Only one i have seen is Sorry I love you - i liked it but it is sad kamz so dont say i didnt warn you....obviously Jeanie's the expert on all things SJS but i dont think he is the romcom kind of guy lol
kamz wrote: what do i watch Jeanie? i sincerely want to watch his drama/ movie? recommendations..any?

Kamz, Rainflower is right. So Ji sub is not a rom-com guy. Most all of his dramas are intense. But I really think they are worth it. I have said before and I'll say again:

Start with Rough Cut. It's a movie (find on DC) so you are only spending 2 hours of time. Rough Cut also stars Kang Ji Hwan (yummy #2). It is a dark, rough movie but is cleverly done with a real "Indy Film" feel. If you go to my review you can see what I list as the "Indy" elements of this film and what makes it so interesting. I've watched this movie 4 times. I love it. It is cleverly done and intense.

For your first drama I actually would recommend his saddest one which is I'm Sorry, I Love You. (find on DC) DC recently refreshed it's uploading of the episodes so you shouldn't have a problem watching. This is the drama that shot him to stardom. It is sad, intense, romantic and amazing. So Ji Sub's acting blew me away...and I fell completely in love with his face. I shamelessly admit that.

Next I'd say watch Cain & Abel. Some people don't like this drama but I love it. I like the adventure and the sweet romance. I love watching Ji Sub be a good guy but also kick ass during his "come back". I love his character of Lee Cho In all through this drama..and..Bonus! Happy Ending.

Maybe by the time you are done with these three Only You will be subbed and ready to watch. I know I'm looking forward to it. Also...Han said she loved Road Number 1. I was hesitant to watch because I had heard others didn't like it and it's also yet another intense drama for him... But now I am going to watch because she liked it.

Other's I have seen:

We Are Dating Now: He plays such a nice guy in this. He's a lot younger. It's a cute drama But it does lack the later intensity he brings to his roles.
What Happened In Bali: Oh My God. this is a mind screw of a drama. Very Adult and very dark as far as the character's interactions, motives and outcomes. Smartly written, Very well acted but not a happy happy fun time kind of ride. Oh Boy.
A Thousand Years of Love ~ all I can say about this drama is that I watched because I love him. Yup...that's all I'm gonna say.

Have Fun picking! Let me know what you think! don't forget!
ok Jeanie...i clearly stated A drama or A movie...without the "s"es :p....where do i find the movie? i couldn't find it in DC :(..i don't mind sad dramas actually..i just watched Bad Guy and found out what an amazing actor KNG is :)
Kamz! Am I in trouble for giving you choices? :p

Rough Cut: Wierd..it used to be on DC. I'll find it when I get home from work and send a link. I just watched it recently. I was at Electric Ground and she posted a place where she watches Kmovies. I bookmarked it and I'm pretty sure Rough Cut was on there with subs.
and also... I'm pretty sure you used the word recommendations..plural. and the word "any" :p
jeanie65jh wrote: and also... I'm pretty sure you used the word recommendations..plural. and the word "any" :p

oops..foot in my mouth lol...i'm adding RC & ISILY to my watch list..just these 2 for now :p hehehe...i'll wait for the link :)
kamz wrote: oops..foot in my mouth lol...i'm adding RC & ISILY to my watch list..just these 2 for now :p hehehe...i'll wait for the link :)

Hey Kamzie ...just so you know, my excessively LONG POST had nothing to do with my fan girl giddiness and everything to do with how you phrased your request. ;)
jeanie65jh wrote: Hey Kamzie ...just so you know, my excessively LONG POST had nothing to do with my fan girl giddiness and everything to do with how you phrased your request. ;)

i believe u (hell nooo) :p
kamz wrote: oops..foot in my mouth lol...i'm adding RC & ISILY to my watch list..just these 2 for now :p hehehe...i'll wait for the link :)

Rough Cut..Part 1
http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/47674552

Rough Cut..Part 2
http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/47690090
jeanie65jh wrote: Rough Cut..Part 1
http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/47674552

Rough Cut..Part 2
http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/47690090

Thanks Jeanie..i watched it..i liked the whole look and the feel of the movie but wouldn't say lurrrved it..this may also largely be the impact of the video quality..it was quite bad esp. the 2nd part was a torture (to the eye) to watch lol..i must say the plot was novel and interesting and both the actors did their job pretty well..hmm i think i will have to watch ISILY after all hehe..I watched "Ah-joe-ssi/ The Man from Nowhere" immediately after and wow, that movie was brilliant..if you haven't watched it already i'ld say you should..
kamz wrote: ok Jeanie...i clearly stated A drama or A movie...without the "s"es :p....where do i find the movie? i couldn't find it in DC :(..i don't mind sad dramas actually..i just watched Bad Guy and found out what an amazing actor KNG is :)

jeanie65jh wrote: Kamz! Am I in trouble for giving you choices? :p

Rough Cut: Wierd..it used to be on DC. I'll find it when I get home from work and send a link. I just watched it recently. I was at Electric Ground and she posted a place where she watches Kmovies. I bookmarked it and I'm pretty sure Rough Cut was on there with subs.

Thats gratitude for you Jeanie LoL i for one am glad for ur synopsis & hv most of those on my PTW List thank you Jeanie *smirks at kamz*
kamz wrote: Thanks Jeanie..i watched it..i liked the whole look and the feel of the movie but wouldn't say lurrrved it..this may also largely be the impact of the video quality..it was quite bad esp. the 2nd part was a torture (to the eye) to watch lol..i must say the plot was novel and interesting and both the actors did their job pretty well..hmm i think i will have to watch ISILY after all hehe..I watched "Ah-joe-ssi/ The Man from Nowhere" immediately after and wow, that movie was brilliant..if you haven't watched it already i'ld say you should..

are you on a Ahjussi/ The Man from Nowhere Spam-athon lol :p
kamz wrote: Thanks Jeanie..i watched it..i liked the whole look and the feel of the movie but wouldn't say lurrrved it..this may also largely be the impact of the video quality..it was quite bad esp. the 2nd part was a torture (to the eye) to watch lol..i must say the plot was novel and interesting and both the actors did their job pretty well..hmm i think i will have to watch ISILY after all hehe..I watched "Ah-joe-ssi/ The Man from Nowhere" immediately after and wow, that movie was brilliant..if you haven't watched it already i'ld say you should..

Oh girl...Picture quality can mean everything. I can't watch a movie with crappy video quality so Yay! that you even finished it... I could have sworn I watched this on DC or maybe MySoju and I didn't have a problem with picture quality. But I'm glad you liked it. I did see Man From Nowhere (Ahjussi) and it's just a better movie all around. but you know where my love and loyalty lies.

RainFlower wrote: Thats gratitude for you Jeanie LoL i for one am glad for ur synopsis & hv most of those on my PTW List thank you Jeanie *smirks at kamz*

Cool! ..and when you watch, I hope I haven't steered you wrong and you like my recommendations. I always hope people don't dislike things I recommend but everyone has their own tastes. I'm just flattered that something I wrote/said made you add them!

p.s...I love Princess' Man! and it was C4U's compliments on chat that pushed me to get off my but and watch it already!
Jeanie im a big fan of Ah-joe-ssi/ The Man from Nowhere so Rough Cut will hv to go some to beat it hahaha

& ur right reccomendations can sometimes be a let down cos we are all different & hv differing tastes but its great when they work out prime example i hated the sight of CSW Cha Seung Won for some inexplicable reason & had no intention of watching any of his dramas flo "badgered" us to give it a go & i enjoyed it & realised CSW is a good actor (tho i still dont fancy him) he is in KNG category good actor but not eye candy for me ...